Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Steeler Fans (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10632)

gortiz 01-16-2006 09:16 AM

Steeler Fans

I really want to cheer the steelers, I think Cowher is such a good coach and I always pull for the blue collar teams, [b][i]but what are the steeler fans like?[/i][/b]

cpayne5 01-16-2006 09:51 AM

Re: Steeler Fans

[QUOTE=gortiz]I really want to cheer the steelers, I think Cowher is such a good coach and I always pull for the blue collar teams, [b][i]but what are the steeler fans like?[/i][/b][/QUOTE]
I work with about 5 of them. All but one are football ignorant.

EternalEnigma21 01-16-2006 09:58 AM

I have alot of steeler fans in my in law's family. They're pretty good folks. Steelers are my second fav. team. They play physical football and Troy Palomalu (spelling?) is alot of fun to watch.

I'm a skins fan, mind you, not a steelers fan, but I like them in the afc. Also, I hate the broncos, and I hate champ bailey, so GO STEELERS!!

If I had to pick an NFC team (other than us) I'd have to pick the Panthers because they're team is built similarly to ours, and John Fox has alot of respect for Gibbs (openly) and steve smith is a bad MF.

skinsfanthru&thru 01-16-2006 11:14 AM

most of the ones I've known r pretty dang annoying. a couple have been pretty nice but most have just been arrogant pricks. maybe it's something to do with being somewhat close to philly fans :biggthump

BigSKINBauer 01-16-2006 02:04 PM

They all are, i can't get the right word. See they are not stupid, they are loyal fans, but they brag a lot. THey are really annoying. I just want to punch them in the face every once in a while.

skinsfanthru&thru 01-16-2006 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]They all are, i can't get the right word. See they are not stupid, they are loyal fans, but they brag a lot. THey are really annoying. I just want to punch them in the face every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

most of the ones I've known r very cocky and narrowminded.

FRPLG 01-16-2006 11:49 PM

Most of the ones I have known are insufferable. I imagine they are much like Skins fans used to be before we had a decade of badness to bring us down a notch. They cling to their Superbowls of the 70's and think their team has a legitimate chance every year. They'll actually explain why they will win the SB. They always forget that Cowher can't win a big game for his life. The bigger the game the harder he falls. One SB appearance in his reign and a ton of also rans. Sounds like a "get you close" type of coach to me. They'll choke again this year I'd bet on it big time.

FRPLG 01-16-2006 11:52 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]They all are, i can't get the right word. See they are not stupid, they are loyal fans, but they brag a lot. THey are really annoying. I just want to punch them in the face every once in a while.[/QUOTE]
They do brag a lot and I can't figure out why. They won SBs in the 70's with coaches and players that no longer have anything to do with the current team. You didn't hear us talk much crap about whatever current Skins team before Gibbs came back simply based on SBs that had nothng to do with whichever current Skins team. Puzzling. I often wonder how overrated those Steeler teams were from the 70's.

gortiz 01-17-2006 02:15 PM

okay that settles it, I want the Panthers to win ...

irish 01-17-2006 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]They do brag a lot and I can't figure out why. They won SBs in the 70's with coaches and players that no longer have anything to do with the current team. You didn't hear us talk much crap about whatever current Skins team before Gibbs came back simply based on SBs that had nothng to do with whichever current Skins team. Puzzling. I often wonder how overrated those Steeler teams were from the 70's.[/QUOTE]

How can a team that won 4 super bowls in 5 years be overrated?

I think steeler fans brag because they did win 4 super bowls and they are always in contention every year. Since the mid 90's they have been in the AFC championship game 4 times and the super bowl once. I think most redskins fans would be happy as pigs in sh!t to have had that much winning. I know I would.

Redskins_P 01-17-2006 02:49 PM

I know a couple of Steeler fans, and they're ok. They're very similar to us skins fans.......very knowledgeable and loyal.

70Chip 01-17-2006 02:51 PM

The Steelers fans I've known are better than most fans. I would rank the 5 worst fans on the basis of annoyingness and ignorance:

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. New York Giants
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Chicago Bears

The 5 best:

1. Washington Redskins
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. Denver Broncos
4. Oakland Raiders
5. Pittsburgh Steelers

FRPLG 01-17-2006 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=irish]How can a team that won 4 super bowls in 5 years be overrated?

I think steeler fans brag because they did win 4 super bowls and they are always in contention every year. Since the mid 90's they have been in the AFC championship game 4 times and the super bowl once. I think most redskins fans would be happy as pigs in sh!t to have had that much winning. I know I would.[/QUOTE]
I am not saying they are overrated. I never saw them play. I said I [B]wondered [/B] how overrated they were.

Redskins_P 01-17-2006 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip]The Steelers fans I've known are better than most fans. I would rank the 5 worst fans on the basis of annoyingness and ignorance:

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. New York Giants
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Chicago Bears

The 5 best:

1. Washington Redskins
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. Denver Broncos
4. Oakland Raiders
5. Pittsburgh Steelers[/QUOTE]

I would replace the 49er fans with Eagle fans. I think they have to be the worst of all!

dmek25 01-17-2006 03:01 PM

i went on a bus trip with ALL steeler fans last year to see the skins at heinz field .the steeler fans are very close to redskin fans as being knowledgeable and courteous towards me.a couple of times after some good natured ribbing the steeler fans apoligized to me.i told them it was nothing after going to philly 8 years in a row.they replied" **** philly" that alone made them alright with me

hail_2_da_skins 01-17-2006 03:03 PM

I know quite a few Steeler fans. I hang out with them every week at my favorite Sports Bars. Steeler football is very much like Redskin football and I have a high degree of respect and appreciation of how they approach the game. I'm a die-hard Redskin fan but I found myself routing very hard for the Steelers to upset the Colts, especially after the officials attempted to take the game away.

irish 01-17-2006 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]I am not saying they are overrated. I never saw them play. I said I [B]wondered [/B] how overrated they were.[/QUOTE]

I saw them play and they were not overrated. They had an amazing defense and an offense that could grind it out or explode in 2 plays, whatever was needed.

firstdown 01-17-2006 03:10 PM

I remember back around the 80's when your team was out of the playoff picture you cheered any team from your division and then would cheer the team from your conference next. Times have changed and you see very little of fans cheering others in their division unless its to help out your team.

BigSKINBauer 01-17-2006 03:23 PM

i could never cheer for the Cowgirls

-some of you older people did that in the past? Disgusting.

dmek25 01-17-2006 03:33 PM

i think i classify as an older person and i can say i have never cheered for the cowboys!bigskin youre right,that is disgusting

firstdown 01-17-2006 03:59 PM

I'm not that old and it was very common for fans to cheer for other teams in their div once they where out of the playoff picture. It was one of those thing like we have the toughest division and we fight hard within our division but you out side folks best leave us alone.

railcon56 01-17-2006 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]i could never cheer for the Cowgirls

-some of you older people did that in the past? Disgusting.[/QUOTE]
I cheer for the cowpattie's when they play the eagles

HTTR 01-17-2006 05:40 PM

A true Redskins fan only wants what's best for the Redskins. We want the world to think we play in the toughest division, so there's a certain amount of pride in knowing that our NFC East competitors are good.

But pulling for the Cowboys? The Iggles? The Giants? NEVER. You can take pride in the division, because we're part of that identity. But that's something you do AFTER the season. While games are still being played, you can't jump out of your chair and high-five your buddy when Brian Westbrook or Tikki Barber breaks free for a TD. THAT AIN'T RIGHT!!

The Steelers are a good team for Skins fans to cheer for. They are geographically close; Pittsburgh has always been a maligned city (like DC); historically they play NFC-style ball; they have great football tradition. The few Steelers fans I know are good people.

steveo395 01-17-2006 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=railcon56@comcast.net]I cheer for the cowpattie's when they play the eagles[/QUOTE]
i hope u didnt do that this year

djnemo65 01-17-2006 06:13 PM

I cheered for the Panthers against the Giants this year as if I was born in downtown Charlotte. The only NFC East team I didn't really mind was Arizona because they were so harmless, but they've been shipped out west.

Any week in the NFL my #2, 3, and 4 favorite team is whoever is playing Dallas, Philly, and New York, in that order.

BigSKINBauer 01-17-2006 06:49 PM

Some Pittsburg fan had a heart attack when bettis fumbled. An actual heart attack. He lived and says he is fine because the steelers won.

Last year there was that steeler fan that had his lifeless body in a chair in his steelers gear and was watching a TV showing the greatest steeler plays when people were comming in to see him

They are true fans but oh so annoying.

mattdouthat 01-17-2006 06:59 PM

I dont care about there fans I am pulling for them because Bettis is a class guy and deserves a ring. Cowher is a tough nose coach and plays old school football. Big Ben is a good quarterback and will have a great career. I just like the way they play.

bertoskins 01-17-2006 10:36 PM

steelers team and organization should be the one that the skins should follow
continuity and structure is stable
win or loss, and they keep on fighting
they deserve to win another title
since they are frustrated 3 years past

mooby 01-17-2006 10:44 PM

the steelers fans i know are knowledgable and very loyal. They will never love another team, kinda like skins fans. They appreciate good football discussion. I will be rooting for them to win the S.B. because i think Cowher deserves it for all the years he's been there. Plus I think it would be a great way for Bettis to end his career, in his hometown of Detroit. That and i don't want Denver to win, they have Champ and our first round draft pick, which i heard will be
#22.

gortiz 01-18-2006 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=gortiz]okay that settles it, I want the Panthers to win ...[/QUOTE]

okay, now I'm not sure. I think I want the steelers again ... but I like delhomme and SS. :Smoker:

Riggo44 01-18-2006 03:06 PM

One of my best friends a Steeler fan. I've been to Pittsburgh twice. Both times I wore my Redskins attire :point: with out any real problems. Most Steeler fans are nice blue collered workers that are passionate about there team. They have great players and coaches,Bill Cowher ,[COLOR=DarkRed]Russ[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]Grim[/COLOR], Betties,Ward. You could go on and on. The Steelers really are a great franchise with a lot of class. I have no problem pulling for them.[I]As long as there not playing the Redskins![/I]

mlmpetert 08-31-2011 10:26 PM

[quote=BigSKINBauer;144068]Some Pittsburg fan had a heart attack when bettis fumbled. An actual heart attack. He lived and says he is fine because the steelers won.

Last year there was that steeler fan that had his lifeless body in a chair in his steelers gear and was watching a TV showing the greatest steeler plays when people were comming in to see him

They are true fans but oh so annoying.[/quote]

BigSKINBauer is talking about this:
[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2295603]Fan had heart attack seconds after Bettis fumble - NFL - ESPN[/url]

Today we have this:
[url=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tragic-son-dies-of-heart-attack-leaving-steelers-game-after-learning-father-died-of-heart-attack/]Father and Son Die of Heart Attacks an Hour Apart | Video | TheBlaze.com[/url]

[quote]The McCauley family near Pittsburgh is reeling after losing both father and son in slightly more than an hour. Charles Sr., 83, died of a heart attack Saturday night at his home in North Huntingdon where he was watching the Pittsburgh Steelers preseason game on television.

His son, 54-year-old Charles Jr., was at that game. Upon learning of his father’s death Charles Jr. rushed out of Heinz Field with his wife when he suddenly felt chest pains and suffered a fatal hear attack of his own in the parking lot. WTAE 4 reports:[/quote]

I guess those Primanti Brother sandwiches arnt good for you?

Also find it kind of funny that everyone back in 06 had respect and admiration for the Steelers.... funny how a couple superbowl wins, a few conference championships, owning fedex field on a monday night game, a accused rapist qb and a hard hitting LB can do to make people turn against you....

SmootSmack 08-31-2011 10:29 PM

New rule...if you see the last post in a thread was five years ago...start a new thread

mlmpetert 08-31-2011 10:31 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;829499]New rule...if you see the last post in a thread was five years ago...start a new thread[/quote]

oh...

SFREDSKIN 08-31-2011 10:56 PM

[quote=Redskins_P;143970]I would replace the 49er fans with Eagle fans. I think they have to be the worst of all![/quote]

49er fans are arrogant bastards. Trust me, I hate them as much as the Cowboys.

Leader In Sports 08-31-2011 11:08 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;829499]New rule...if you see the last post in a thread was five years ago...start a new thread[/quote]

I don't know, I found it interesting how seeing comments about how Cowher couldn't win the big game etc.:food-smil

VegasSkinsFan 08-31-2011 11:10 PM

I can't stand steeler fans. For whatever reason they tend to have a very high female fan population that talk a ton of crap but can't name 5 players.