Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Playoff team adoption time (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/10691-playoff-team-adoption-time.html)

Mattyk 01-17-2006 09:18 PM

Playoff team adoption time

Now that the Skins are out, what team will you quietly, or not so quietly be rooting for the rest of the way?

I'm officially adopting the Steelers. They're a likeable team, I like the way they play a similar style to the Skins, smashmouth, hard nosed D, etc. I'd like to see Cowher finally get a ring and see Bettis retire on top.

Go Steelers!

skinsfanthru&thru 01-17-2006 09:30 PM

Re: Playoff team adoption time

I've officially lost every single drop of interest in the playoffs. Normally there is atleast one team I can bring myself to somewhat cheer for or a team like Phili recently that I root every single week for them to fail, but this year I really don't care one way or another. I'm just interested now in the SB party and watching the commercials/movie trailers.

Skins fan 44 01-17-2006 09:31 PM

Go Hawks.

Riggo44 01-17-2006 09:40 PM

I want the Bus to finish out on a high note. Go Steelers!

Schneed10 01-17-2006 10:08 PM

I'm in Pittsburgh's corner. One of my closest friends is from there and is a die hard fan. I like when die hard fans who stick with their team through thick and thin get a SB win. Pittsburgh has a lot of die hards. It's not like the Steelers are never in the playoffs, but they always get so close and never quite win the big one. It's not a fickle fan-base like the Eagles. Steelers fans are loyal, they deserve it.

Go Steel.

bertoskins 01-17-2006 10:14 PM

steelers or panthers will do for me

but i think cowher deserved to have that ring

bigm29 01-17-2006 10:15 PM

Panthers

SmootSmack 01-17-2006 10:15 PM

There's something to be said about Seattle winning so we could say we lost to the eventual champions.

However, I gotta go with Pittsburgh also. Would be nice to see Cowher get a ring, and another for Grimm.

Prop13 01-17-2006 10:16 PM

I knew someone that talked to Shula once about what team he rooted for after he'd lost. ...yeah, I know, second hand--but it was from a good source!

...Anyway, Shula said he always rooted for the team that beat him. He said if the team that beat him went all the way, it, more or less, kinda meant he'd come in second.

Go Seahawks!

P.S. (If we'd lost to the Cowboys in the post-season, of course, the Shula rule would have to go out the window.)

skinsguy 01-17-2006 10:17 PM

Panthers or Steelers. I wouldn't be upset with either choice, although it would be nice to have Carolina win their first Super Bowl.

dmek25 01-17-2006 10:22 PM

is it true the hall of fame winners are announced the same week of the super bowl?i am also rooying for the steelers and would like carolina in the big one with them

That Guy 01-17-2006 10:23 PM

panthers or steelers

mooby 01-17-2006 10:46 PM

I'd like to see the Steelers take it. It would be a great ending for a storybook career for Bettis, and Cowher deserves a ring for all the years he's been there.

wheeler 01-18-2006 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Now that the Skins are out, what team will you quietly, or not so quietly be rooting for the rest of the way?

I'm officially adopting the Steelers. They're a likeable team, I like the way they play a similar style to the Skins, smashmouth, hard nosed D, etc. I'd like to see Cowher finally get a ring and see Bettis retire on top.

Go Steelers![/QUOTE] :censored: seahawks and :censored: steelers

BigSKINBauer 01-18-2006 12:16 AM

better to lose to the super bowl team i guess so hawks?

I always thought denver was the best team in the AFC so Denver Hawks bowl would be nice

I think it will be Denver-Carolina though