Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Expectations for a #2 guy (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/10773-expectations-for-a-2-guy.html)

Dirtbag59 01-22-2006 02:36 PM

Expectations for a #2 guy

I know we got a lot of threads based on who the Redskins will sign for a #2 (Eric Moulds, Reggie Wayne, Antwan Randle El, etc). However what should we expect next year from whoever we sign in terms of yards and receptions?

cpayne5 01-22-2006 02:50 PM

Re: Expectations for a #2 guy

I would love to have 50+ receptions and 650+ yds from my #2. More specifically, I would be looking for a 13+ yard average per reception and a couple first down receptions per game.

If Reggie Wayne is our #2, I'd raise the reception and yardage expectations by 50%. In my eyes Reggie Wayne is a #1a receiver.

cpayne5 01-22-2006 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=offiss]Who's throwing the ball?[/QUOTE]
If you don't feel the numbers will be the same, or even similar, why not state your expections for a #2 with respect to each qb on the roster?

skinspt-11 01-22-2006 04:11 PM

Except the yards per catch, I guess we already have a #2 Wr. Chris Cooley. Cooley put up those numbers. But I know what you mean, From a true WR.

Pocket$ $traight 01-22-2006 04:33 PM

They need a guy that can consistently beat single coverage. Whoever ends up as the #2 is going to have a great chance to put up some numbers especially early in the year. Cooley and Moss are going to see a lot of attention. I like the wideouts if Patten ends up as a #3. He did very well in that role in New England.

Moulds - too expensive for what is left in the tank
Wayne - If he is franchised forget it
T.O. - too expensive

The more I think about it, I like K-Robinson. He is an idiot but he could certainly be an effective #2.

bigm29 01-22-2006 04:52 PM

as long as hes making plays, and we win more games.

saden1 01-22-2006 05:17 PM

#2 guy has to be good for at least 700 yards a season.

shallyshal 01-22-2006 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=Dirtbag359]I know we got a lot of threads based on who the Redskins will sign for a #2 (Eric Moulds, Reggie Wayne, Antwan Randle El, etc). However what should we expect next year from whoever we sign in terms of yards and receptions?[/QUOTE]

with saunders calling the plays, i expect we are going to see more passes all around. should help us l;and a #2 receiver.

shallyshal 01-22-2006 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=Grim21Reaper]They need a guy that can consistently beat single coverage. Whoever ends up as the #2 is going to have a great chance to put up some numbers especially early in the year. Cooley and Moss are going to see a lot of attention. I like the wideouts if Patten ends up as a #3. He did very well in that role in New England.

T.O. - too expensive

The more I think about it, I like K-Robinson. He is an idiot but he could certainly be an effective #2.[/QUOTE]

k robinson would be a good choice. he returns kicks. the larger question is whether he is in control of himself. if he is, he would be a great pickup. but he is not without risk

shallyshal 01-22-2006 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=Grim21Reaper]They need a guy that can consistently beat single coverage. Whoever ends up as the #2 is going to have a great chance to put up some numbers especially early in the year. Cooley and Moss are going to see a lot of attention. I like the wideouts if Patten ends up as a #3. He did very well in that role in New England.

T.O. - too expensive

The more I think about it, I like K-Robinson. He is an idiot but he could certainly be an effective #2.[/QUOTE]

moulds might be willing to settle for an incentive laden contract.. he will be out to prove himself this coming year. since buffalo looks to be picking jauron as coach, the emphasis is going to be on the defensive side of the ball this coming year.

skinsfanthru&thru 01-22-2006 06:30 PM

I'd hope for around atleast 650-750 yards and about 50-60 catches/4-7 TDs, but of course those #'s would go up with someone on the talent level of Wayne.

itvnetop 01-22-2006 06:42 PM

a good no. 2 should be a guy that creates enough space to consistently move the chains when we need a first.

dmek25 01-22-2006 06:58 PM

a #2 receiver should catch the balls thrown his way and create space for s moss