Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Early Superbowl Line (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/10782-early-superbowl-line.html)

redrock-skins 01-22-2006 10:45 PM

Early Superbowl Line

Steelers -4

I expected Seattle to be favored, but can see why the line would be like this.

Tough decision on where to place my money.

Big C 01-22-2006 10:57 PM

Re: Early Superbowl Line

steelers

Luxorreb 01-22-2006 11:24 PM

Steelers should roll.

Gmanc711 01-22-2006 11:24 PM

I'd put my money on the steelers. But I understand why they are favored, they want people to jump on Seattle.

FRPLG 01-22-2006 11:34 PM

Guys...Seattle.
Pittyburg and Cowturd never get the job done. Holgren has been there and won. Seattle's defense is silly right now. Seattle's offense is silly right now. Watching Seattle right now is like watching the Colts this past season when they were in stride. I think right now they are unbeatable.
I think Seattle outright wins this game so give me the points baby!

70Chip 01-23-2006 12:13 AM

I'm surprised that Seattle is favored. Pittsburgh SHOULD be able to run Seattle over. They are a much more physical ballclub. However, Hasselback has looked awfully tough to me these past two weeks. I think he avoids Plummer's mistakes and eeks out a victory. ( I reserve the right to change my mind several times over the next few weeks)

redrock-skins 01-23-2006 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=70Chip]I'm surprised that Seattle is favored. Pittsburgh SHOULD be able to run Seattle over. They are a much more physical ballclub. However, Hasselback has looked awfully tough to me these past two weeks. I think he avoids Plummer's mistakes and eeks out a victory. ( I reserve the right to change my mind several times over the next few weeks)[/QUOTE]

Pitt is favored by 4.

70Chip 01-23-2006 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=redrock-skins]Pitt is favored by 4.[/QUOTE]

So they are. My mistake. I'm the guy who can never remember what beats what in poker as well.

onlydarksets 01-23-2006 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]Guys...Seattle.
Pittyburg and Cowturd never get the job done. Holgren has been there and won. Seattle's defense is silly right now. Seattle's offense is silly right now. Watching Seattle right now is like watching the Colts this past season when they were in stride. I think right now they are unbeatable.
I think Seattle outright wins this game so give me the points baby![/QUOTE]

How exactly do you figure Cowher is a bigger choke artist than Holmgren? Don't forget that Holmgren lost a Superbowl, too. Other than winning it all in 1997, he has pretty much been atrocious in the postseason (see, e.g., his last seven seasons). Cowher has at least won a few postseason games recently.

FRPLG 01-23-2006 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=onlydarksets]How exactly do you figure Cowher is a bigger choke artist than Holmgren? Don't forget that Holmgren lost a Superbowl, too. Other than winning it all in 1997, he has pretty much been atrocious in the postseason (see, e.g., his last seven seasons). Cowher has at least won a few postseason games recently.[/QUOTE]
Cowher is a classic get you close coach. At least Holmgren has won a SB. Sure he has choked too but I think if you look at what Cowher has done he has shown an amazing ability to bite it at the worst times.

Outside of that I still think Seattle is a better team. They beat us and I think our D is overall better than Pittsburg's(although they are no slouch at all). I do think Pittsburg is clearly better offensively than either Carolina or the Skins but I still see Seattle being able to move the ball. I think Seattle puts up 28 in this game and I don't see Pittsburg scoring as much on Seattle's suddenly lock down defense.

onlydarksets 01-23-2006 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]Cowher is a classic get you close coach. At least Holmgren has won a SB. Sure he has choked too but I think if you look at what Cowher has done he has shown an amazing ability to bite it at the worst times.[/quote]

I understand that - I certainly wouldn't put him in the Gibbs/Tuna/Belicheck/Walsh tier of coaches because he hasn't won the big one. I was trying to make the more general point that Holmgren doesn't belong in that category either, and is much closer to a Cowher (can't bring it home) than to one of those top tier coaches I mentioned.

[QUOTE=FRPLG]Outside of that I still think Seattle is a better team. They beat us and I think our D is overall better than Pittsburg's(although they are no slouch at all). I do think Pittsburg is clearly better offensively than either Carolina or the Skins but I still see Seattle being able to move the ball. I think Seattle puts up 28 in this game and I don't see Pittsburg scoring as much on Seattle's suddenly lock down defense.[/QUOTE]

Good points, but I think Pittsburgh's D is capable of simply shutting down top flight offenses. Pitt's offense has shown they can put up points. I think it's going to go the other way, IMHO!

irish 01-23-2006 11:02 AM

The biggest difference for Cowher this time is his QB. Now he has a franchise QB compared to the past when he was trying to make due with Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox & Neil O'Donnell.

I think Seattle is a colts-like team (aka soft). They think they are physical but when they play a really physical team that knocks Alexander & Hasselbeck around a little, the Gulls offense will grind to a halt. Also the Steelers will have their top RBs so they wont be 1-dimensional like Carolina was yesterday.

I'll take the steelers.

Warpath 01-23-2006 12:37 PM

"We want the ball and We're gonna score!" in a queerish voice Hasselbeck exclaimed in the playoff game against Green Bay.

I'll take the Steelers.

onlydarksets 01-23-2006 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=Warpath]"We want the ball and We're gonna score!" in a queerish voice Hasselbeck exclaimed in the playoff game against Green Bay.

I'll take the Steelers.[/QUOTE]

haha - probably the best argument yet!