Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2006 NFC Predictions (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10793)

j_j__l 02-02-2006 07:35 AM

Re: 2006 NFC Predictions

I agree with most people on this thread that the Skins will finish in the top 2 of the EAST...I also believe we will be in the toughest division in the league again this year...meaning we will be battle tested again for the playoff run....I also agree that we a REAL shot at the SB these next two years, especialy if Campbell steps in and there's no hickups at QB....Knowing Snyders style, i'm sure we will pick up another WR and add to our deffense...With out additions to our team, this is where i see we are up on all the other teams in our division and where some other teams are up on us:

Coaching:Redkins, Easy Pick
Secondary:Redskins (if Taylor is FREE)-Philly, VERY close
LB's:Redskins (with or without Lavar), if we lose Lavar Philly would be closer
DLine: NY Giants
QB: Eagles
RB: Skins slight edge over NY, even though I love Portis...you can't knock Tiki
WR: Giants, just because they are deeper...not better
TE: Giants, just because Cooley is a H-back and not a TRUE TE...
O-Line: Redskins, just ask the Giants
FB/H-back: Cooley and Sellers, do I have to say more?????????

I would love to say we will win the east, but realisticly I can't do that...just because I don't know which Brunnell will show up next year, and if Campbell will be ready.....What do you guys think about??????????????

D'BOYZ 02-02-2006 05:18 PM

I agree the NFC EAST is is back I love that not only that the Hole NFC is starting to look like contender that they where missing from previous years.

This will be again the tougher division in the NFL all 4 teams are playoff contenders in paper right now and could easily beat any of the other teams. Heck in this SB you beat Seattle and we had them beat and all the players are saying we were the toughest team they played heck we were the only team to held them to less than 300 yards and alexander to less than 70 ( not counting philly game because they where losing 42 -0 and took alexander out in halftime), we beet the other division final Carolina and almost beat Denver so that tells me we're contender.

Right now it's to early to tell wich team will be on top we all have some holes to fill (us more) and have to see how FA and draft goes but I can see any teamgoing long next year it all come down to division victorys.

right know you have made the best offseason moves than any team resigning williams and signing Saunders wow 3 Head coaches in 1 team

right now I will rank the team as how I feel them at this point.

1.- Redskins
2.- Phi
3.- Cowboys
4.- NYG

Biggest Concerns

Redskins
QB.- brunnell was looking tired at the end of the season not making enough plays and it showed in both playoffs games and he's going 2 be 1 year older and I don't know if campbell is ready to take over and if he is I don't believe he could take you deaph in the playoffs--- best chance rigt now to make a run to the SB is Brunell if he has a good season.

WR.- you dont have a sure #2 and I know some said pick up Antwan but he's like Moss a speed receiver and you need a good posesion receiver. I don't like the idea 1 bit if you pic TO (I don't think you have the cap but its scary) even though he might only help 1 year it he might help you get 2 the SB

Oline- depth when you lost your starting line it showed.

Cap.- you have huge cap problems we need 2 see who is let go, or who is traded.

Arlington.- he bring a different dimension to the D you can say all you want about his free style or anything but he is a playmaker ad has hearth and passion in the field and the d just look different without him.

secondary points
Draft ( you don't have a 1st and lets see what you can get in the 2nd)

3 capable HC in the staff this sound great should be great but an also hurth if they can control their own egos (not 2 worried about williams ) gibbs Saunders 2 offensive gurus with different aproaches 2 the offense lets see how it pans out ( but hey they said Jones and Parcell wouldt get along and we allready have 3 years under the belth).

CB and SS you need at least 1 of each 1 to be the nickel corner and 1 to be alongside Taylor.

PHI

Coaching staff.- they lost their Offensive coordinator lets see how they adapt to the change it hurth NE it can hurth PHI

WR.- they need a #1 and #2 and #3 (lol) receiver this is the worst receving corps in the nfl.

QB.- Mcnabb needs to stay healthy the hole season (they deppend completly on him)

Oline.- they have huge problems at Guard

secondary points.....
the hole loker room is divided with the TO deal a lot of them support TO and don't support Mcnaab that hurst the chemestry and it get reflected on the field.

RB.- Im just no Westbrook fan good rb comming as a receiver but not so good rb

Dline they are getting old and don't have depth.

Cowboys

Oline.- we have huge problems here and it showed once F.Adams went down the offense was totally different after that you just need to see the first PHI,NY,WAS meeting and the next meeting he cant get hurth and we need a Guard, RT and Center either the young guys step up or get veteran help.

FS.- this is a must we have 3 good SS but no FS and have huge problems with coverage and deep balls

LB.- we need at least 2 Qualitty lb we change to the 3-4 but don't have depth we have Ware and B.James who are rally good , a 2nd round pick Burnnet from last year but almost didn't play and (fujita and shanle that aren't really starter material).

Secondary points.
Bledsoe.- needs protection and needs to stay healthy no real backup after him

O-coordinator.- Palmer don't know what he'll bring but I guess Parcell will still be calling the shots so that means we need good defense.

Rb.- consistency out of Julius Jones he has shown flashes of greatness but 2 many injuries and some bad games also related to the o-line

pick veteran help.- we have over 10 mill on the cap need to bring some help we an't have another year with 5 rookies playing prominet roles and 4 1st year starters

Wr.- need to get younger the top 2 can still produce but need some fresh legs to spread the field

NYG

Sencondary.- they have the worst secondary in the division to many holes here.

LB.- only 2 capable LB not a lot of dept

Oline.- need help at guard

Wr.- more dept Plaxico has turn great Ike is a servicible 2 (more like a 3rd) but not real dept after that.

Seconday points.

QB.- it depend if Eli steps up or still get cold feet with the presure this team will go as far as he can take it he has ha dgreat games but to many awfull performances.

DE.- Strahan is getting old and if he can't perform at the top level their pass rush is going to be affected tremendously he's the lider on that group we saw 2 years ago what happend when he went down.

RB.- Jacobs has to step up and be the power runner he was drafted 2 be

D'BOYZ 02-02-2006 05:36 PM

ohh i forgot ....

Dallas
Need

KICKER #1 they all suck (this year cast)

steveo395 02-02-2006 05:52 PM

D'boys, you have to have the worst spelling and grammar I have ever seen.

That Guy 02-02-2006 06:22 PM

for the giants, jacobs still runs too high and plex totally shrinks in big games. In a playoff game he was running half speed for some reason.

Cowboys - parcells got good young talent in last years draft, but fans got too into immediate rookie impact (which is very rare), however he TOTALLY screwed the pooch on taking jones over jackson (who's a stud rb instead of just a serviceable one) and his inssistance on using a band aid on the QB position hasn't really helped either.

wolfeskins 02-02-2006 06:29 PM

D'BOYS, you made some pretty decent assessments of each team. thanks for your opinions. it's always good to hear how fans of other teams view our beloved redskins. i'll add just a few of my own feelings. i don't think there will be any sort of power struggle between gibbs and saunders. saunders has control of the offense and will call the plays. gibbs won't stand in the way of that. the other issue i'll comment on is the terrell owens issue. it's my belief that the skins have absolutely no interrest in t.o. T.O is in no way a gibbs type of player, plus i heard on comcast sports last night that vinny carrato said that t.o was not in the skins plans.

also, the skins are not in as much of a cap hell as people think, they are actually in pretty good shape.

saden1 02-02-2006 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=steveo395]D'boys, you have to have the worst spelling and grammar I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

steveo, no you didn't!

steveo395 02-02-2006 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=saden1]steveo, no you didn't![/QUOTE]
oh...i did

Master4Caster 02-02-2006 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=D'BOYZ]ohh i forgot ....

Dallas
Need

KICKER #1 they all suck (this year cast)[/QUOTE]

Take John Hall.
Please.

backrow 02-03-2006 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=D'BOYZ]

right now I will rank the team as how I feel them at this point.

1.- Redskins
2.- Phi
3.- Cowboys
4.- NYG

[/QUOTE]

Pretty good assessment D'boyz!

Hard to shake that "Cowboys" and Brokeback image, huh?

Wonder how that will fly in 31 other stadiums?

Texanskin 02-03-2006 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25]texanskin,how well does it work you being a skins fan in philly?ill bet that sweet come football season[/QUOTE]

Its real confusing for people to understand I am a Skins fan from Texas. But I live in Philly.lol. I grew up hating the cowgirls. But one thing I will say is...I have taken more flack for being a Redskin fan from eagles fans then I did my whole life in Texas. It shows the class of the teams. Eagles fans suck.