Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Secondary help and Returner in the Draft (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10809)

TheMalcolmConnection 01-24-2006 03:53 PM

Re: Secondary help and Returner in the Draft

That's weird because normally all CBs are just WRs who weren't very good.

Pocket$ $traight 01-24-2006 05:18 PM

I say use the second round pick on the best pass rusher available then use the next couple of picks on corners.

They do not need to use a high pick on someone with questionable hands (see Rod"50-50"Gardener).

Denver did a good job of getting cornerback depth in the mid to late rounds last year.

Just don't draft another friggin fullback...

Pocket$ $traight 01-24-2006 05:21 PM

They won't get Moss or Hester. Hester is going in the first round.

gibbsisgod 01-24-2006 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]That's weird because normally all CBs are just WRs who weren't very good.[/QUOTE]exactly..... they put the kids who cant catch on d

Arrows over NFC East 01-24-2006 10:48 PM

what about haas out of oregon state the guy just knows how to get open and catches everything lacks speed though, but he's got that wayne chrebet (or cooley) ability just finds open spots and makes big plays.

Big C 01-24-2006 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=Grim21Reaper]I say use the second round pick on the best pass rusher available then use the next couple of picks on corners.

They do not need to use a high pick on someone with questionable hands (see Rod"50-50"Gardener).

Denver did a good job of getting cornerback depth in the mid to late rounds last year.

Just don't draft another friggin fullback...[/QUOTE]

i agree. except id only take a DE if a good prospect has dropped down, or if a darryl tapp was still available. otherwise, i would go with CB. we need another CB badly, as springs is old and only has 1 or 2 peak years left, and walt harris is also old, and quite average

Big C 01-24-2006 11:03 PM

[url]http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/willblackmon.html[/url]

might be a player we should target in 2nd or 3rd round. would help atleast on special teams

PSUskinsfan11 01-24-2006 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=Big C][url]http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/willblackmon.html[/url]

might be a player we should target in 2nd or 3rd round. would help atleast on special teams[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was just going to post about him. He is the only player from BC that really stuck out when I saw them play a few times this year. He is a stud and has experience at CB and WR. I was reading a chat with Maurice Stovall from ND and he said he was the toughest CB he played against. I would love to pick him up.

FRPLG 01-25-2006 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=Redskins8588]I heard the same thing about him being a late pick thats why I said 3rd round.[/QUOTE]
A third rounder should be able to contribute now and be a starter by the second half of his second season. I would say any first day picks(rounds 1,2 or 3) are quality players and shouldn't be used for "chances" or "flyers". Not that he is a flyer. Just wanted to state that I think 3rd rounders need to be solid prospects and not just guys with speed or size. They needed to have done something in college worth taking them on the first day. I am concerned that Moss wasn't even the #1 guy in Miami. He wasn't too special. Contrast him to what his brother did when he was there. Santana was IT. The dude did everything. The only reason he wasn't a top 3 pick was his size.

FRPLG 01-25-2006 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=skinspt-11]Hester Doesn't even want to play CB. Thats why he moved to WR. Plus he wasn't good a CB. Kiper has Moss as a top 32 player on his chart. So Moss may not even make it to our 2nd round pick.[/QUOTE]
Where did you see Kiper having Moss so high?

j_j__l 01-25-2006 01:33 AM

[QUOTE=PSUskinsfan11]I agree, I was just going to post about him. He is the only player from BC that really stuck out when I saw them play a few times this year. He is a stud and has experience at CB and WR. I was reading a chat with Maurice Stovall from ND and he said he was the toughest CB he played against. I would love to pick him up.[/QUOTE]
Blackmon sounds nice, but i would like to see gametape on him though...because his 40 time looks slow for a CB???? Not bad for Safety or a Possesion WR...but most CB's run in the 4.4 area....I brought up Hester, because i thought he would be available with our 3rd round pick...From what i was reading he came out to early and has NO diffined possition other then KR, i think with our coachs and if he wants to play CB, his speed and return ability would justify picking him in the third...because he would start on Special teams and be an upgrade there his Rookie year...and then when GW thinks he's up to speed later in his 2nd year he can be our knickleback....But i also agree with an earlier post that we need to get the BEST DE or CB available with our 2nd round pick, pending on which is the highest on our board at the time...

j_j__l 01-25-2006 01:54 AM

Looking for late round help at CB...look at this guy...[url]http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/davidpittman.html[/url]

6 foot and a solid 40time...and we can teach him tech. and where the gym is...and it the projection is right we could get him as low as round 5/6....

ST21 01-25-2006 02:45 AM

Devon Hester, would be a steal... Potential like Champ Bailey....this guy would be great I would take him...no prob

j_j__l 01-25-2006 03:09 AM

I wouldn't put Hester up there with Champ, just because he's doesn't have the instinct or fundamentals Champ has/had coming out of Georgia...but i think with the GREAT coachs we have and his natural speed/ability, he could turn into a solid CB if not fring ProBowler in a couple of years (3+)....but i think his speed/style would complement Rogers after Springs leaves (2/3 years)

dmek25 01-25-2006 07:13 AM

malcom why are you so hung up on size??