Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Musgrave Moving On? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10814)

memphisskin 01-24-2006 03:35 PM

Re: Musgrave Moving On?

[QUOTE=12thMan]What happened in the playoffs? Yes, the offense was horrible.

But on the other hand there were 24 other teams that wish they had that option this year.[/QUOTE]

Huh? My point is that while Musgrave did help Brunell improve, and while the offensive did enjoy a statistical renaissance during the regular season all that went out the window in the playoffs. We returned to tight formations and Brunell started spraying the ball again.

And Matty, there's nothing wrong with Brunell's numbers last year. But where was that guy in the post season?

TheMalcolmConnection 01-24-2006 03:37 PM

I'd just love for Brunell to stay healthy all season OR if he DOES get hurt to have the balls to say that he's hurting the team and step down.

JWsleep 01-24-2006 03:45 PM

It's definetely done: even the Post has it!

[URL=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/24/AR2006012400888.html]Musgrave Leaving Redskins for Falcons[/URL]

Wonder if Saunders will bring someone in--or maybe Gibbs himself will do it?

skinsguy 01-24-2006 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=Beemnseven]They may have. The shotgun basically gives the defense a major clue as to what play is about to be run, and according to what I've read over the past few days, that's something that Saunders deliberately avoids.

Now I wished I'd payed more attention to KC games this year.[/QUOTE]

KC did use the Shotgun formation ( I remember watching KC play a few times this year other than the Redskins game,) but it wasn't an automatic assumption everytime KC got into a 3rd and long situation. I like the idea of using it sparingly. I believe making it an automatic thing on long yardage downs tends to make it easier to stop.

JoeRedskin 01-24-2006 03:47 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Raise your hand if you'd like to see one, JUST ONE, thread that doesn't turn into yet another Ramsey vs. Brunell debate[/QUOTE]

Consider my hand raised.

skinsguy 01-24-2006 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=JWsleep]It's definetely done: even the Post has it!

[URL=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/24/AR2006012400888.html]Musgrave Leaving Redskins for Falcons[/URL]

Wonder if Saunders will bring someone in--or maybe Gibbs himself will do it?[/QUOTE]

This will be interesting. Now that Saunders has control over the offense, Gibbs and Burns would have the opportunity to take over coaching the quarterbacks.

TheMalcolmConnection 01-24-2006 03:50 PM

[img]http://www.driscollchildrens.org/esp/DCHWeb/Education/images/student%20with%20hand%20raised%203.jpg[/img]

SmootSmack 01-24-2006 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=skinsguy]This will be interesting. Now that Saunders has control over the offense, Gibbs and Burns would have the opportunity to take over coaching the quarterbacks.[/QUOTE]

Excellent...sorry, I see the name Burns and I just have to say it

Hog1 01-24-2006 04:02 PM

Joe knows QB's

70Chip 01-24-2006 04:07 PM

Well, there's one less chef in the kitchen now. I always had the feeling that Musgrave was more or less just passing through. If you look at his resume, he has rarely stayed in one place very long. As far as I can tell his longest stint was two years at UVA. I also notice in the Press Guide that he coached with Buges in 1997 at Oakland. [b][i] I did not know that[/i][/b].

I don't expect any more departures from the Offensive staff. Anyone disagree?

I also like the idea of bringing in [b][i]Monty[/i][/b] Burns...

"One hiawatha, two hiawatha... Smithers! No more doughnuts for Arrington! Yeeeesh!"

TheMalcolmConnection 01-24-2006 04:13 PM

I would agree with that. It wasn't as though he was an extremely vital cog in the offense. He came and did what he had to do.

[img]http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/24805BP%7EThe-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg[/img]

MTK 01-24-2006 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=memphisskin]Huh? My point is that while Musgrave did help Brunell improve, and while the offensive did enjoy a statistical renaissance during the regular season all that went out the window in the playoffs. We returned to tight formations and Brunell started spraying the ball again.

And Matty, there's nothing wrong with Brunell's numbers last year. But where was that guy in the post season?[/QUOTE]

Where were alot of guys??

Where was Portis, where was the running game, where was the offensive line?

mooby 01-24-2006 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I'd just love for Brunell to stay healthy all season OR if he DOES get hurt to have the balls to say that he's hurting the team and step down.[/QUOTE]

seriously. One of the things i don't like, is when a player gets injured, it's really nice that he decides to stay in the game and try to do his best, but if you can't make a big impact, just rest it. We have capable backups. I love Portis, but i felt like if he wasn't making that big impact out there, give Betts some time and take a breather. Same with Mark Brunell. They are both awesome players, when healthy. We love that you still want to give your all for the team, but sometimes you just need to step down until you get healthy again.

offiss 01-24-2006 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=mooby]seriously. One of the things i don't like, is when a player gets injured, it's really nice that he decides to stay in the game and try to do his best, but if you can't make a big impact, just rest it. We have capable backups. I love Portis, but i felt like if he wasn't making that big impact out there, give Betts some time and take a breather. Same with Mark Brunell. They are both awesome players, when healthy. We love that you still want to give your all for the team, but sometimes you just need to step down until you get healthy again.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the problem is some players wont come out regardless for whatever reason, it's up to the coach to deciede whether or not his play is hurting the team? Not continue to play him and then use his injury, or apparent injury as an excuse as to why he played so poorly after the fact.

gibbsisgod 01-24-2006 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Where were alot of guys??

Where was Portis, where was the running game, where was the offensive line?[/QUOTE]Very true matty, dont lay all the blame on ol' lefty