Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   arrington trade wish (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/10850-arrington-trade-wish.html)

bertoskins 01-25-2006 10:31 PM

arrington trade wish

Is to trade Lavar to the cardinals
and get 2 of their wr's (fitzgerald is untouchable)

I think they can absorb his salary cap

what dou you think guys? is this possible

saskin 01-25-2006 10:37 PM

Re: arrington trade wish

Maybe we could just send them jacobs and brown instead for their 2 recievers.....

But I don't think lavar will solve all of their defensive problems....

Beemnseven 01-25-2006 10:39 PM

Not a chance. Dennis Green loves to throw the ball, and that's one of the very few things the Cardinals do well.

No way are they going to part with any of their receivers.

That Guy 01-25-2006 10:50 PM

trading lavar gets you a 2nd roun pick maybe cause everyone thinks we're tossing him... maybe only a 3rd. boldin or fitz get you a 1st + extras.

No Way.

dmek25 01-25-2006 10:52 PM

do not trade lavar!david patton will be back and with holdman a free agent,you just create another problem.we need a pass rusher first and foremost

SUNRA 01-25-2006 10:53 PM

Detroit has more than enough receivers to trade but Charles Rodgers is a bust. Either Roy Williams or Mike Williams is a good deal. We should have had Mike Williams in the draft anyway.

railcon56 01-25-2006 11:00 PM

LaVar will restructure and 1 year removed for his surgery will be back and hungry... Sorry to break ranks with my buddy Offiss on this one lol

Beemnseven 01-25-2006 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=SUNRA]Detroit has more than enough receivers to trade but Charles Rodgers is a bust. Either Roy Williams or Mike Williams is a good deal. We should have had Mike Williams in the draft anyway.[/QUOTE]

Don't you think Carlos Rogers was pretty much a need?

railcon56 01-25-2006 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=Beemnseven]Don't you think Carlos Rogers was pretty much a need?[/QUOTE]
He's gonna have a great year in 2006

Dirtbag59 01-25-2006 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]trading lavar gets you a 2nd roun pick maybe cause everyone thinks we're tossing him... maybe only a 3rd. boldin or fitz get you a 1st + extras.

No Way.[/QUOTE]

Great point.

But why does everyone want to get rid of Lavar? It going to cost more to release him then keep him, plus he wants to be here

70Chip 01-25-2006 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=bertoskins]Is to trade Lavar to the cardinals

what dou you think guys? is this possible[/QUOTE]

I think we should trade Lavar for the Steelers O-Line.

Beemnseven 01-25-2006 11:10 PM

[QUOTE=70Chip]I think we should trade Lavar for the Steelers O-Line.[/QUOTE]

[I]OR[/I] ... Taylor Jacobs for Tom Brady?

FRPLG 01-25-2006 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=bertoskins]Is to trade Lavar to the cardinals

what dou you think guys? is this possible[/QUOTE]
Not to quibble but WE would be taking a majority of his hit. Like at least 7 mil and depending on the CBA situation possibly 12 mil. Most teams would love Lavar for the price they'd get him at if we traded him. They only have to pay his salary and then they get to decide whether to keep him or cut him before his next roster bonus comes up. He is cheap to others in 06. Just not to us. Signing bonuses are a bitch.

STPainmaker 01-25-2006 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]Not to quibble but WE would be taking a majority of his hit. Like at least 7 mil and depending on the CBA situation possibly 12 mil. Most teams would love Lavar for the price they'd get him at if we traded him. They only have to pay his salary and then they get to decide whether to keep him or cut him before his next roster bonus comes up. He is cheap to others in 06. Just not to us. Signing bonuses are a bitch.[/QUOTE]

LOL This is the real situation I don't know if we can reasonably manage a trade and come out in a positive cap situation.

mooby 01-25-2006 11:58 PM

This doesn't have anything to do with this topic, but i'm pointing it out anyways. I just did a search for the word Arrington, and it turns out that there 550 results. I would assume that Arrington is one of the most used words on this forum. That was for the locker room alone.