Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Superbowl Memories Anyone? Leave yours (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10918)

skinsguy 01-31-2006 08:44 AM

Re: Superbowl Memories Anyone? Leave yours

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]I deleted a post I had just typed in another thread cause I didn't like it.

That's all I get for 6000? No peanut butter, no jelly? Whose leg do you have to hump to get a good Congratulations on 6000 around here?[/QUOTE]

Here's some peanut butter and strawberry jelly! Sorry, didnt' have any bread left! :food-smil

onlydarksets 01-31-2006 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=skinsguy]
[QUOTE=TAFKAS]
I deleted a post I had just typed in another thread cause I didn't like it.

That's all I get for 6000? No peanut butter, no jelly? Whose leg do you have to hump to get a good Congratulations on 6000 around here?
[/QUOTE] Here's some peanut butter and strawberry jelly! Sorry, didnt' have any bread left! :food-smil[/QUOTE]

apparently, you have to hump skinsguy's leg...

TheMalcolmConnection 01-31-2006 09:03 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]I deleted a post I had just typed in another thread cause I didn't like it.

That's all I get for 6000? No peanut butter, no jelly? Whose leg do you have to hump to get a good Congratulations on 6000 around here?[/QUOTE]

Word brotha' and congratulations.

Remember this when I hit 6000.

firstdown 01-31-2006 09:29 AM

Mine was of that big time running back we had who pealed off over 200 yards. What was his name Timmy Smith? and has that record been broken? its was probably the most money he ever made for playing a game.

onlydarksets 01-31-2006 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=firstdown]Mine was of that big time running back we had who pealed off over 200 yards. What was his name Timmy Smith? and has that record been broken? its was probably the most money he ever made for playing a game.[/QUOTE]

His career stats are amusing and worth checking out:
[url="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SmitTi00.htm"]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SmitTi00.htm[/url]

backrow 01-31-2006 10:08 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25]the first one with coach allen.i think the skins were favored even though the dolphins were undefeated.the rah rah attitude of allen and a bunch of OLD vets playing together.just an omen of good things to come for the skins.mike bass running back that blocked field goal making us skins fans believe we were going to pull it out[/QUOTE]

I don't remember us being favored in the Miami SB.

We had suffered for years before that trip to the SB. The town was still rabid for everything Skins related, however! I first started watching FB in my teens, back in the mid 60's.

My favorite game was in Navy Bootcamp, while sick in the Hospital. George Allen and the Skins put a whuppin on the Vikes! Not a SB, but a great memory! No one else in my Bootcamp company was able to see the game, after all!

firstdown 01-31-2006 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=onlydarksets]His career stats are amusing and worth checking out:
[url="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SmitTi00.htm"]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SmitTi00.htm[/url][/QUOTE]Those stats are amazine I guess he picked the right game to shine.

BDBohnzie 01-31-2006 03:52 PM

While I am too young to remember XVII and XVIII, I fondly remember XXII, sitting in the living room of friends of my parents, in front of a big screen, seeing the Broncos go up 10-0. I went outside for a little bit (being not quite 8 and having the attention span of a fruit fly doesn't help when the Skins are losing), and my Dad came out not too long later and said you may want to come in to see this...glad he got me. The big TD run by Timmy Smith stands out in my mind...

XXVI - My parents had people over, and one of my parent's friends worked with our next door neighbor, who was a Vikings fan and hated the Skins. So everytime the Skins scored points, mom's friend played HTTR on a tape recorder outside his basement window...classic.

MTK 01-31-2006 04:29 PM

My began bleeding burgundy and gold during SB XVII. Once Riggo broke off that TD run I was hooked.

jbcjr14 01-31-2006 05:46 PM

XVII - I was there, sitting in the 19th row about 12 rows up from Mr. T. Riggins ran right at us on that fateful 4th and 1....god, I will never forget it as I was 13 and I actually made it to the Super Bowl to see it live.

70Chip 01-31-2006 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=jbcjr14]XVII - I was there, sitting in the 19th row about 12 rows up from Mr. T. Riggins ran right at us on that fateful 4th and 1....god, I will never forget it as I was 13 and I actually made it to the Super Bowl to see it live.[/QUOTE]

Mr. T was in the house because the A-Team premiered on NBC right after the game. When you're a 6th grade Redskins fan, that's as good as it gets. I used to love it when they would hit him over the head and drag him on the plane right after breaking Murdoch out of the VA hospital. Good times, good times.

SanFranSkinsFan 01-31-2006 06:27 PM

My fondest memory is our beating of John Elway and the Donkeys at the hands of Doug Williams, Timmy Smith and Ricky Sanders. My pops was a big skins fan before he died the year before that one, so I was watching the game at my neighbor's house (mom was working) and it was amazing. I enjoyed this win so much for Doug Williams, Gibbs, and our hard-working offensive line. What a great victory to have, even without pops by my side (he took me to January 1983 NFC championship win at RFK over Dallas, which was perhaps the finest game in our history).......all of our winning super bowl teams were amazing, and I love the 1982 and 1991 teams too!

AnonEmouse 01-31-2006 07:52 PM

I have 3 memories that stick out in my mind. The first is a baddie (who said they had to be good ones?) - Marcus Allen ripping off that TD run that kind of broke our backs.

Other 2 are good ones - 2nd qtr. against the Bronco's, no one play stands out, just the feeling of awe at the half. I only wisjhed we'd gone on to score 70! :)

Last one was Rypien grinning from ear to ear as we stuffed the Bills. A tiny part of me feels sorry for them for equalling an infamous record (0-4 in the big one), but in the end it was great seeing another dominant Skins SB win.

I'm now hoping for another great SB memory next year...

SmootSmack 01-31-2006 10:36 PM

I was a big Byner fan from back in his days with Cleveland, so I was really happy to see him redeem himself from the infamous "Fumble" with the Browns and score a Super Bowl TD with us.

jamf 02-01-2006 02:36 AM

[Al Michaels Voice]Sanders beats haynes. Sanders out in front. 80 yards, TOUCHDOWN[/Al Michaels Voice]

I watched the video of that super bowl so much I memorized the play by play.