Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Interested in TO (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=10932)

Hail2em 02-01-2006 03:32 PM

Re: Redskins Interested in TO

Man i hope we really dont get him becuase there will be a conflict between him and santana down the road of who would be no.1 i can see it now and that would cause t.o to go off the handle again. I say we get a quality WR in the draft someone that is consistant and has good hands as Cooleys does.

dmek25 02-01-2006 03:36 PM

how about a poll?

offiss 02-01-2006 03:38 PM

Highly unlikly, to many things don't add up, especially at the QB position, one reason he wanted out of San Fran was because Garcia couldn't get him the ball deep, Brunell is very, very similar to Garcia, except he no longer moves as well, same arm strength if Brunell is lucky at this stage of his carreer. So if we are committed to Brunell I can't see TO really wanting to be here.

2- He doesn't represent what Gibbs wants as a team attitude, except 1 thing the guy will do whatever he has to do to win, except shut his mouth. But if you put him in a good situation he would be fine, there are plenty of players who are bigger problems than TO but their more quite about it, TO is always front page news.

There is a possiblilty, aside from is mouth, he has a lot of qualities that Gibbs wants on his team, now, does the good outweigh the bad?

dmek25 02-01-2006 03:39 PM

offiss,did you just say brunell was the starter?

Master4Caster 02-01-2006 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor]T.O. although a headache actually can get us over the hump. Him and Santana with portis in the backfield is a match in heaven.[/QUOTE]

Whatever this is, it [b]won't[/b] be a match made in heaven!

I said on another post and on my blog that as it got closer to release date, the Eagles would make some hard-headed business calls and insist on compensation for Owens' services, and that they would [i][u]keep him on the roster[/u][/i] if they couldn't trade him. It's 50-50 that still could happen.

Now if I were special agent Drew, I would try to foster a competitive atmosphere for Owens by playing on owner's fear, jealousy and ego to drum up a good contract. Hmmm. DS signing Owens to keep JJ from getting him, or vice versa, sounds like that. In fact, this exact scenario was suggested by Stephen A Smith, the Philadelphia Wilbon, just last month. :smashfrea

For the Skins, we've been thru the big name syndrome. It didn't work in '99; won't work in '06. I'd rather go for 27 yr old Reggie Wayne from the "U" than 30-something Owens. Also, I'm resigned to losing Lavar. I would [b]NOT[/b] be happy to lose Lavar to make cap room for Owens. :mad: There's a price to be paid for getting Owens, and it's more than draft choices.

It's the game between the season, boys! Enjoy the show; but, don't fall for the hype.

That Guy 02-01-2006 04:09 PM

he'd cost a bunch still and wouldn't be here long (if the skins were stupid enough to long term him it'd be a real strain on the cap and force releases).

offiss 02-01-2006 04:11 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25]offiss,did you just say brunell was the starter?[/QUOTE]

:confused:

saden1 02-01-2006 04:19 PM

If T.O. does come here who is #1 receiver? Moss or T.O?

skindogger47 02-01-2006 04:30 PM

[b][size=5]TO WILL NOT BE A REDSKIN.[/size][/b]

[size=5][/size]
Peter King is full of shit. Andyman, a very credible source from extremeskins, who was a step ahead of the media on the Moss-Coles deal, has denied all Redskin ties to TO. Sleep soundly everyone, Jeff Garcia's ex-boyfriend will not be wearing a Redskins uni next season.

Beat the Cowboys 02-01-2006 04:48 PM

WOW, As a Sacramento King fan and a Skin fan that would tie my favorite teams fortunes to Artest and Owens

jbcjr14 02-01-2006 04:56 PM

God, I sure hope that this isn't true....we don't need any bad apples in the mix, this team is just starting to "get it" and what it takes to be champions.

giacomo2 02-01-2006 05:47 PM

i think t.o. would put us as favorites next year, and i also think it would be a better fit in dc. because we have the players who would speak up and get in his face if he acts up, which he will. just think.....who could stop us?????????/

shallyshal 02-01-2006 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=Carnage]i do not believe that the eagles would trade him to division opponent.[/QUOTE]
agree. unless they feel that it will have more negative effect and weaken an opponent

70Chip 02-01-2006 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10]Crazy Canuck, join my chorus whenever you feel comfortable...

We don't have the cap room. At least not yet. If the CBA is not extended by March 3 (or if a continuance is not enacted by March 3), then we will actually have to shed players rather than acquiring big names. If the CBA gets extended or there is a continuance, then I can see us having the cap room to do it.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if anyone knows what neighborhood the cap will be in if a new deal is struck giving the players a greater piece of the pie. If it happens, isn't the cap likely to increase enough to cover our existing obligations and sign new players such as Keyshawn Johnson?

shallyshal 02-01-2006 06:04 PM

let him go to dallas. no way keyshawn stays. they release keyshawn and there is our possession receiver for next year