Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Possible FA wish list for depth (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11041)

j_j__l 02-10-2006 06:34 AM

Possible FA wish list for depth

WE all have been talking about WR and DE, and have all pretty much came up with the same list for both...but what about our depth chart that wont be filled with just 4-6 picks in the draft.....Here's who i wouldn't mind us picking up, as long as they aren't asking to much:

QB:Todd Collins-kind of a VET, and knows Saunders offense to help Campbell get up to speed

RB:Devenport-solid and big...and wont need to carry the load to get injured, this if we lose Cartwright

Guard: Fonoti, for depth or fill in if Dockery or draft doesn't give us anything...I think Hutchinson will be out of our price range

DT; Ma'ake Kemoeatu, i think would be a great pick up for depth/ possibly take over starting DT for Joe... I would also look at Bernard from Sea, but i think he's going to get to many bids out of our price range

Safety: I'd like to see us pick up Bashir or Demps if we lose clark

3/4th CB: wouldnt' mind seeing Thomas from Buffalo...

What do you guys think?

724Skinsfan 02-10-2006 09:13 AM

Re: Possible FA wish list for depth

I think we could use and also have a realistic shot at Marc Boerigter. He's played with Al Saunders for four years. Career stats aren't mesmorizing but that just means he's not going to command much of a salary. He would be a great #3 WR; Moss and Patten being 1 & 2.

jermus22 02-10-2006 12:36 PM

I'd hate to lose Ryan Clark; he is my favorite player on the team. I know he is occasionally suspect in coverage, but he is also a Gibbs' type of player. Kind of in the mold of Alvin Walton: an undersized but ferocious hitter at the strong safety position. We need guys with his type of mentality if our defense wants to stay mean.

That Guy 02-10-2006 12:55 PM

we don't need another RB, we have 7 now (portis, betts, rock, nemo, white, lumpston, combs).

a WR that averages 150yards a year is a terrible #3... reche caldwell or J gaffney etc would be much better for about the same vet min price.

j_j__l 02-10-2006 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]we don't need another RB, we have 7 now (portis, betts, rock, nemo, white, lumpston, combs).

a WR that averages 150yards a year is a terrible #3... reche caldwell or J gaffney etc would be much better for about the same vet min price.[/QUOTE]
I put Davenport on there, because i think we might lose Rock...I like Betts, but i think ND would bring more size to our back field and the other 4 couldn't get off the practice squad...I know Thomas's numbers are great, but I think his size/stile will fit perfect with Moss and Patten and in Saunders Offense

That Guy 02-10-2006 01:42 PM

davenport is better than betts, but i dont think we'll be adding his salary is all. and nemo did make the roster and play (special teams, though he did get 1 carry in a real game (3yards)).

724Skinsfan 02-10-2006 02:24 PM

Gaffney and Caldwell will laugh uncontrollably if someone other than their current teams offered to sign them for the veteran minimum and as the #3 WR to boot.

That Guy 02-10-2006 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=724Skinsfan]Gaffney and Caldwell will laugh uncontrollably if someone other than their current teams offered to sign them for the veteran minimum and as the #3 WR to boot.[/QUOTE]

caldwell is the #3 if not #4 currently and i think he's making vet min, so i'm not sure what you're talking about.

jabar and bradford both have about 430yards, one of them is the #3. reche is behind a 900 and 700 yard WR and he averages 230yards a year, so why would he laugh at a #3 job since that's clearly what he already has? reche is 26 and made like 500k this year. jabar made slightly more.

724Skinsfan 02-10-2006 04:42 PM

So why go to another team to make the veteran minimum and be that teams #3?

shallyshal 02-10-2006 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=j_j__l]WE all have been talking about WR and DE, and have all pretty much came up with the same list for both...but what about our depth chart that wont be filled with just 4-6 picks in the draft.....Here's who i wouldn't mind us picking up, as long as they aren't asking to much:

QB:Todd Collins-kind of a VET, and knows Saunders offense to help Campbell get up to speed

RB:Devenport-solid and big...and wont need to carry the load to get injured, this if we lose Cartwright

Guard: Fonoti, for depth or fill in if Dockery or draft doesn't give us anything...I think Hutchinson will be out of our price range

DT; Ma'ake Kemoeatu, i think would be a great pick up for depth/ possibly take over starting DT for Joe... I would also look at Bernard from Sea, but i think he's going to get to many bids out of our price range

Safety: I'd like to see us pick up Bashir or Demps if we lose clark

3/4th CB: wouldnt' mind seeing Thomas from Buffalo...

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

some great ideas..

how about shaun williams from the giants if he checks out medically?

raheem brock, a solid def end from indy

marc boerigter- possession receiver from kc

mamalamea- true tight end from the rams

ashworth.. the tackle from new england

schobel--- tight end from cincy

archuleta-- safety from the rams

some would be more than the others, but none should break the bank

clancy, the giant def tackle

shallyshal 02-10-2006 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]davenport is better than betts, but i dont think we'll be adding his salary is all. and nemo did make the roster and play (special teams, though he did get 1 carry in a real game (3yards)).[/QUOTE]

i thought that davenport had a fumbling issue ??

dmek25 02-10-2006 07:09 PM

no way davenport is better than betts.hes injury prone,fumbles too much,and i dont think he plays special teams(or at least not as well as betts)

70Chip 02-11-2006 12:55 AM

I was watching the tape of the Dallas and Seattle games again and it struck me that our O-Line went in the tank without Thomas. I think we could have run the ball on Tampa and Seattle with him in there. We need O-Line depth generally and on the interior especially. I would almost say that this is as important as WR because when we can run the ball, our passing game is almost acceptable even with current personell. (No disrespect is meant to Ray B. He made no glaring erors but he just couldn't cover the same ground as 77)

That Guy 02-11-2006 05:21 AM

[QUOTE=724Skinsfan]So why go to another team to make the veteran minimum and be that teams #3?[/QUOTE]

i didn't mean vet min as much as jut a cheap contract overall. We're a winning team, they'll be better than low draft choices and they'll probably have a better opportunity here since we didn't draft WRs last year.

Skins_4_Lyfe 02-11-2006 05:06 PM

I've got my eye on...

S: Gregg Blue (will complement ST,fast, great athlete)

WR: Derek Hagan, Martin Nance, and Morice Stovall

CB: Alan Zemaitis (Good size, run support, sure tackler, nose for the ball)

TE: Anthony Mix (Great size, hands, can move, improving blocker)

RB: Anybody with size (I'm tired of overusing Portis...He is not Riggins...if we
want to be a "run first" team we have to get others involved. Running teams tend
to get their back-ups around 8-10 carries a game; ours (combined) average
4.5...He takes alot of unnecessary pounding. His health in the playoffs could be to
blame for our lack of offense.)

DE:I say we seek a pass rusher via free agency or the draft (Victor Adeyanju), Daniels
stepped up late last season and I've allways thought of Wynn as a back-up; I
doubt if he'll be 100% with the fractured forearm.