Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Antonio Bryant (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11071)

Dirtbag59 02-14-2006 01:53 AM

Antonio Bryant

Heres a possible #2 guy that I haven't heard a lot about on the forum. He had 69 catches for over a 1000 yards with Dilfer and Frye throwing to him and apparently the Browns don't want to pay him big money (which from now on should be Synders nickname). Remember a few years ago he was going to be the Cowboys next big thing at Wide out. With that said I'm pretty sure he would relish the oppurtunity to play the Cowboys twice a year (especially since he had a fallout with Bill Parcells). Plus the DC area is kinda close to Pittsburgh where he played college ball. Is this our guy or what? Oh yeah did I mention the guys 6'2?

BigSKINBauer 02-14-2006 01:59 AM

Re: Antonio Bryant

I'd take him. The browns said something like they were going to let him explore the market and the way they said it it seemed like that is what antonio wanted. Antonio's agent said that it was humorous. NOthing antonio said could imply that he wanted to leave the browns. I don't know if they will make-up and kiss but if not i will be waiting for us to fly him a jet on March third

skinsttw 02-14-2006 02:09 AM

He would be a good fit for our team. don't know much about his attitude.

jamf 02-14-2006 02:29 AM

He is a cancer.

thats why dallas gave up on him; thats why clevelend is letting loose.

RedskinPete 02-14-2006 03:26 AM

[QUOTE=jamf]He is a cancer.

thats why dallas gave up on him; thats why clevelend is letting loose.[/QUOTE]

Well maybe Gibbs is the cure? Has he been a problem for the Browns? I know that the Browns have let players go in the past that move on to other team and did very well. Just look at Denver's front D line! Anything Dallas dose is not God gift to all football and what the Browns do is not saying anything as well. I am not saying he is our man for the #2 WR! Just saying people can change!

Luxorreb 02-14-2006 04:58 AM

Ofcourse I say bring him in let him talk to Gibbs, Saunders and the crew. If he signs at a minimum he could be signing on to get to the Superbowl! People know that the Redskins will only get better next season. Choice is simple to most FAs if ya want money goto the Cards or Texans. If ya want a ring Washington is a big possibilty. I'm always afraid of ex Cowboys. Ex Cowboys sons are fine, but Deion will forever leave a bitter, terrible taste.

Redskins8588 02-14-2006 05:36 AM

If he is such a cancer then why did he have a decent year with cleveland? After he left dallas he seemed to be fine. Maybe he did not like the way fat ass "TUNA" was treating him in dallas... I think that he would be a fine fit here. Yeah he blew up on Parcelles, so what? You didn't hear him blowing up on Davis or Romeo. Also, he is young this is only like his 4th or 5th year. I say that we should at least give him a look.

How can you compare Bryant, who is entering his 5th year, to an old washed up deion who was in his 12th year? Big difference...

dmek25 02-14-2006 06:27 AM

his attitude is t.o. like.jamf im with you,our team is getting close and we dont need him

backrow 02-14-2006 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=Luxorreb]Deion will forever leave a bitter, terrible taste.[/QUOTE]

Deion was a Falcon/49er/Brokeback Mountain Cowboy before his stint with the B&G.

EEich 02-14-2006 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=Redskins8588]If he is such a cancer then why did he have a decent year with cleveland?[/QUOTE]

Think about what you write.

#56fanatic 02-14-2006 08:16 AM

The dude is a head case. If he doesn't get balls thrown to him he acts like another TO, without the talent. If he didn't respect Parcells, what makes you think he will respect anyone on our staff. Thats why Dallas chucked him, thats why we should leave him alone. All he wants is the money. Its amazing how some of these guys play halfass until contract year. then have a pretty decent year, wine and cry about getting paid, so they can feed their family, and then just collect the checks and play halfass again. Thats what this guy is all about.

MTK 02-14-2006 08:47 AM

He had a good year with no-name QB's in Cleveland but the fact they are so willing to let him walk has to tell you something.

Schneed10 02-14-2006 08:59 AM

This guy is not the answer. He got in a physical confrontation with Parcells during a practice. Threw a towel in his face and cursed at him.

That's not what we want on our team. The guy obviously does not respect authority like he should. Redskin players should want to work hard in practice, they shouldn't resent a coach when he pushes them to work hard. Bryant is not what we want.

Give me David Givens.

PSUSkinsFan21 02-14-2006 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=#56fanatic]The dude is a head case. If he doesn't get balls thrown to him he acts like another TO, without the talent. If he didn't respect Parcells, what makes you think he will respect anyone on our staff. Thats why Dallas chucked him, thats why we should leave him alone. All he wants is the money. Its amazing how some of these guys play halfass until contract year. then have a pretty decent year, wine and cry about getting paid, so they can feed their family, and then just collect the checks and play halfass again. Thats what this guy is all about.[/QUOTE]

Amen. I have no interest in Bryant whatsoever.

scowan 02-14-2006 09:23 AM

Guys, it is just like going to work for another lesser company in the same industry. Places like Cleveland and New Orleans and Arizonia are where washed-up player go to end their careers. I would not take anyone from any of those teams. That is unless we could get somehow get one of the Arizonia receivers!