Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vernon Davis? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11110)

cpayne5 02-20-2006 11:56 AM

Re: vernon davis?

[QUOTE=Skins_4_Lyfe][color=black]Why is everyone so high on Patten...he's mediocre at best and he doesn't complement Santana. We need a big, physical possession WR.[/color][/QUOTE]
Sure he complements Moss. Anyone who can keep defenses from doubling Santana 100% of the time complements him very well!

That Guy 02-20-2006 05:39 PM

[QUOTE=Skins_4_Lyfe][color=black]Why is everyone so high on Patten...he's mediocre at best and he doesn't complement Santana. We need a big, physical possession WR.[/color][/QUOTE]

patten in the lineup = 80+ more passing yards per game believe it or not.

Dirtbag59 02-27-2006 12:28 PM

Davis is insane. The guy just ran a 4.38 at the combine. Guy should play Wideout. Heres his lifting stats at Maryland

Bench - 460
Squat - 650
Power Clean - 350
Verticle - 40 Inches

What a speciman

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 02-27-2006 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=Dirtbag359]Davis is insane. The guy just ran a 4.38 at the combine. Guy should play Wideout. Heres his lifting stats at Maryland

Bench - 460
Squat - 650
Power Clean - 350
Verticle - 40 Inches

What a speciman[/QUOTE]

I saw that on NFL.com and thought that it must have been a misprint. His stock might have shot up into the top 15 of the draft. Jesus, a tight end who can run a 4.38? He is faster than little Moss. A 40-inch vertical? What is this guy on?

That Guy 02-27-2006 01:37 PM

why isn't he rated as high as KWII was? I mean, its not like davis is a soldier going out and injuring himelf on curbssides... If i needed a WR though, I think i'd take him over Santonio holmes.

12thMan 02-27-2006 01:45 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]why isn't he rated as high as KWII was? I mean, its not like davis is a soldier going out and injuring himelf on curbssides... If i needed a WR though, I think i'd take him over Santonio holmes.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of it with KWII was, to take nothing away from him, hype. You had people making comparisons to him and his dad, who revolutionized the position. Also, the fact that he came from the much heraled "U" I think added to how many rated him as an NFL prospect.

Sean Taylor is God 02-27-2006 01:59 PM

Davis ran a sub 4.4 40. that's insane. he should be a top ten pick and will have an immediate impact. MD players are well coached and have excelled at the next level. Merriman, Foxworth, even Novak. We should look at moving up to get Davis and Dqwell Jackson in the 2nd. what about trading ramsey and our second rounder for the jets first rounder?

That Guy 02-27-2006 02:00 PM

I just can't believe more hype wasn't given to his character issues. the dude's an idiot.

I think davis is a better TE and can almost guarantee his first two years will be better than KWII's :P

That Guy 02-27-2006 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=Sean Taylor is God]Davis ran a sub 4.4 40. that's insane. he should be a top ten pick and will have an immediate impact. MD players are well coached and have excelled at the next level. Merriman, Foxworth, even Novak. We should look at moving up to get Davis and Dqwell Jackson in the 2nd. what about trading ramsey and our second rounder for the jets first rounder?[/QUOTE]

um, ramsey is worth a 4th or a 5th, our 2nd rounder is #52, the jets have the #4 pick. that's NEVER happening. We'd have to give basically every pick this year and a starter to get into the first round. Not to mention, how do you trade your 2nd round pick and ALSO use it to take D'Qwell?

sounds like UMD homerism :P

TheMalcolmConnection 02-27-2006 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]I saw that on NFL.com and thought that it must have been a misprint. His stock might have shot up into the top 15 of the draft. Jesus, a tight end who can run a 4.38? He is faster than little Moss. A 40-inch vertical? What is this guy on?[/QUOTE]

The tears of little children.

And Red Bull.

PSUskinsfan11 02-27-2006 05:02 PM

pretty good turnout at the combine
6'3" 3/4 258?
4.38 40 (1st)
10'8" broad jump (1st)
42 inch vert (1st)
7 seconds in 3 cone drill (5th)
4.17 short shuttle (5th)

still don't know if I would give up all that we would need to, to pick him up though

That Guy 02-27-2006 05:50 PM

if you look at him as a freakish WR he looks much better (since TEs are generally taller with better ups).

offiss 02-28-2006 01:05 AM

I tell you what Davis could be a WR he's that good, I would love to see a CB try to match up with him on the outside, near impossible, this guy would carry both the football and a CB into the end zone, may be second coming of John Mackey, only faster. 4.37 at 6'3" and 255lbs I would love to get this guy but I know it wont happen, but this guy is going to be devastating!

Redskins8588 02-28-2006 01:46 AM

From what I saw of him at the combine and what they were saying about his blocking skills, along with his ball skills I would like to see us do what we had to to get him. I mean can you imagine trying to decide on who would be blocking and who would be running routs between him and Cooley? That would have to give opposing D's fits trying to guess what was comming at them...

That Guy 02-28-2006 05:52 AM

[QUOTE=Redskins8588]From what I saw of him at the combine and what they were saying about his blocking skills, along with his ball skills I would like to see us do what we had to to get him. I mean can you imagine trying to decide on who would be blocking and who would be running routs between him and Cooley? That would have to give opposing D's fits trying to guess what was comming at them...[/QUOTE]

cooley is a decent blocker, but nothing special... i think pope is a better fit just cause the price/performance to get up to a top 10 pick and then pay that pick would be crazy. Davis is killer though.