Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2008 -- What happens. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11221)

Daseal 03-02-2006 12:35 PM

2008 -- What happens.

Assuming no CBA (or equivillant) gets signed, and we're on our way to a capless 2007, what does this mean for 2008? I've heard that there would be a lockout -- why? I assumed 2007 - Infinity would be a capless season, until they signed another deal to start the salary cap back up, if that ever happens.

RedskinPete 03-02-2006 12:41 PM

Re: 2008 -- What happens.

[QUOTE=Daseal]Assuming no CBA (or equivillant) gets signed, and we're on our way to a capless 2007, what does this mean for 2008? I've heard that there would be a lockout -- why? I assumed 2007 - Infinity would be a capless season, until they signed another deal to start the salary cap back up, if that ever happens.[/QUOTE]

Upshaw said if the cap ever is goen the PA will "Never" vote it back in!

That Guy 03-02-2006 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Assuming no CBA (or equivillant) gets signed, and we're on our way to a capless 2007, what does this mean for 2008? I've heard that there would be a lockout -- why? I assumed 2007 - Infinity would be a capless season, until they signed another deal to start the salary cap back up, if that ever happens.[/QUOTE]

the owners would decide they don't want to pay the players as much money as they'd be getting, so, you lockout the players and hire scab for pennies in an effort to force every player to accept smaller paychecks.

The union can threaten that they would decertify and take the nfl to court for anti-trust issues for inssane gobs of money (and its a very real threat that they'd probably win, eventually).

Its going to turn into a total legal scrum once 2008 comes around.

BigSKINBauer 03-02-2006 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]the owners would decide they don't want to pay the players as much money as they'd be getting, so, you lockout the players and hire scab for pennies in an effort to force every player to accept smaller paychecks.

The union can threaten that they would decertify and take the nfl to court for anti-trust issues for inssane gobs of money (and its a very real threat that they'd probably win, eventually).

Its going to turn into a total legal scrum once 2008 comes around.[/QUOTE]
I'm a scab.
I want to play coach. I want no money, honest, just give me a chance. Please coach I will give it all i got. Will yah coach? Will yah?

come 2008 BSB starting MLB for the Washington Redskins.

Daseal 03-02-2006 01:12 PM

If we need a kicker, Im slightly better than Jose Cortez.

Redskins8588 03-02-2006 01:13 PM

So does this mean that they will be making a "The Replacements, part 2" movie?

Krills 03-02-2006 01:19 PM

Haha, I love that movie. Ever notice that is Washington versus Dallas?

jdlea 03-02-2006 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]If we need a kicker, Im slightly better than Jose Cortez.[/QUOTE]

That would probably make my list of the best kickers in the world go something like this:

1434: Daseal
1435: Jose Cortez

lol

JET 03-02-2006 01:40 PM

I was a benchwarmer at WR for a D3 college, I'll play for 70k a season...

That Guy 03-02-2006 01:59 PM

i got nothing better to do... the skins are a flag football team, right?

JWsleep 03-02-2006 02:08 PM

I'm Keanu Reavs and I'm ready to go. Just come to my boat and we'll set up the deal.

Have we added Gene Hackman to the staff yet, as second assistant head coach/Lex Luthor?

dmek25 03-02-2006 02:38 PM

i could be the waterboy as long as im close to the cheerleaders

dmek25 03-02-2006 02:52 PM

maybe schneed or that guy can answer this.its seems that the players only concern right now is getting to 2007 uncapped.in my opinion,the years after 2007 are the ones where the players are screwed,with the owners almost guaraunteeing alock out in 2008.this will drive salaries down and maybe put a chink in the goose that lays the golden egg(being the nfl powerhouse that it is)

That Guy 03-02-2006 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25]maybe schneed or that guy can answer this.its seems that the players only concern right now is getting to 2007 uncapped.in my opinion,the years after 2007 are the ones where the players are screwed,with the owners almost guaraunteeing alock out in 2008.this will drive salaries down and maybe put a chink in the goose that lays the golden egg(being the nfl powerhouse that it is)[/QUOTE]

players will sue the nfl under anti-trust legislatation for hundreds of millions and have a good shot of winning. No idea about the specifics (besides one way contracts and drafts being illegal unless a union exists to agree to them) and no prediction of the outcome.

It will be messy and danny may only have one shot at a SB before it goes to scabs or a lost season or labor peace or any of 15 different scenarios.

freddyg12 03-02-2006 03:50 PM

There wouldn't be a lockout if the nflpa goes forward w/its current plans to decertify the union if a new cba isn't agreed to. Since there would be no union, there's no one to lock out.
Essentially what happens in 2008 if a new cba isn't agreed to is in essence labor regulations start from scratch. Any rules the owners set could be subject to anitrust suits by the players (collectively, but not as the nflpa), e.g. players could sue if the owners implement a draft and they'd likely win. What industry actually drafts workers? The US military doesn't even draft anymore.