Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   March Madness - bring it on! (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/11373-march-madness-bring-it-on.html)

onlydarksets 03-10-2006 08:35 AM

March Madness - bring it on!

Call me a heretic, but this is my favorite time of year - bar none. Is anyone else pumped about the tourneys?

Syracuse (my hometown team) is [u]scorching[/u] right now! Thanks to a couple of tight wins, they're probably in the field of 65. BC (my alma mater) had a first round bye, but is ready to [u]trounce[/u] the Maryland Turdpins tonight.

Bring it on!

SmootSmack 03-10-2006 10:16 AM

Re: March Madness - bring it on!

[QUOTE=onlydarksets]Call me a heretic, but this is my favorite time of year - bar none. Is anyone else pumped about the tourneys?

Syracuse (my hometown team) is [u]scorching[/u] right now! Thanks to a couple of tight wins, they're probably in the field of 65. BC (my alma mater) had a first round bye, but is ready to [u]trounce[/u] the Maryland Turdpins tonight.

Bring it on![/QUOTE]

Uh oh! Your Orange versus my Hoyas tonight! Today we are Warpath brothers...tonight you're the enemy! Hoya Saxa!

onlydarksets 03-10-2006 01:45 PM

It's an old-school matchup! We used to go to the Cuse games at Georgetown every year back in the mid-late 80s when both teams were just incredible year-in, year-out. This won't be quite that same matchup, but it's Boeheim v. Thompson (III) again!

Redskins_P 03-10-2006 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Uh oh! Your Orange versus my Hoyas tonight! Today we are Warpath brothers...tonight you're the enemy! Hoya Saxa![/QUOTE]

JT3 baby!!!! Hoyas basketball is back! So is the Big East.

Hoya Saxa!

BigSKINBauer 03-10-2006 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=onlydarksets]Call me a heretic, but this is my favorite time of year - bar none. Is anyone else pumped about the tourneys?

Bring it on![/QUOTE]
my friend got into BC and wouldn't go there only if he got into G-Town because it is local. He wants to do law. I have bet $10 with him on Maryland. How did you like it up at BC dark?

I am the underdog. its not fair! he owes me $15 for the USC texas game

onlydarksets 03-10-2006 08:02 PM

OK - it ain't looking too good for the Orange at the half. 21-36? C'mon! How about we start hitting some shots?

onlydarksets 03-10-2006 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer]my friend got into BC and wouldn't go there only if he got into G-Town because it is local. He wants to do law. I have bet $10 with him on Maryland. How did you like it up at BC dark?

I am the underdog. its not fair! he owes me $15 for the USC texas game[/QUOTE]

BC was a LOT of fun - there's nothing like going to school in the biggest college town in the country. Of course, that was back when just any crappy old fake ID would get you into the bars ;)

SmootSmack 03-10-2006 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=onlydarksets]OK - it ain't looking too good for the Orange at the half. 21-36? C'mon! How about we start hitting some shots?[/QUOTE]

damn...damn....damn. Damn that McNamara! Oh well, time to change my sig

onlydarksets 03-10-2006 09:27 PM

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! G-Mac is unstoppable!

onlydarksets 03-10-2006 09:29 PM

Sorry, TAFKAS - G'Town just folded in the second half. They had the perfect game plan, too. G-Mac just got hot, I guess!

Mattyk 03-10-2006 10:00 PM

SU is rollin', perfect time to get hot!

So much for Gerry being overrated

onlydarksets 03-11-2006 08:31 AM

Sorry, BSB - my boys had to take care of your Terps, too. Watch out everyone - look for a Cuse-BC matchup in the NCAA finals!!!!

onlydarksets 03-11-2006 08:32 AM

TAFKAS, you are a man of your word. I look forward to future wagers of increasing humiliation.

BigSKINBauer 03-11-2006 11:55 AM

that didn't feel like an ACC tourney game. I wonder if there is any chance they get in now...:(

onlydarksets 03-12-2006 01:03 AM

Holy crap - can we rename this thread "ODS's teams are unstoppable!"? Way to go Cuse and BC!!!!! Bring on Duke! (ok, that may be a stretch, but I think it's understandable that I think my teams are unbeatable right now, right?)