Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   March Madness - bring it on! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11373)

BigSKINBauer 03-12-2006 01:34 AM

Re: March Madness - bring it on!

you can ask anyone I know, actually you can't, I had BC winning the ACC tourney before it started. I actually want them to win because they beat Maryland. hopefully the voters are merciful. I don't want BC to win because they are the new ACC team and it is embarassing. I know some people going to duke and BC. One of best friends is going to BC so I guess I'll make him happy and cheer for them. As much as it is possible. **** DUKE. Selection sunday is tommorrow. any chance for maryland?

onlydarksets 03-12-2006 07:50 AM

Honestly, I doubt it. The ACC just isn't that deep this year. A 6th place finish in what is, at best, the 3rd best conference in the country doesn't help the at-large bid.

BigSKINBauer 03-12-2006 06:02 PM

I do too. We will see as each region is announced soon.

drew54 03-12-2006 06:05 PM

Go Hawkeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigSKINBauer 03-12-2006 06:24 PM

all of UMD is watching TV but it will be a sad outcome I suppose. :( Stupid(literally) mccray

BigSKINBauer 03-12-2006 06:41 PM

there is the field
[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney06/news/story?page=2006matchups[/url]
so far its all done but Minneapolis but that will be uploaded soon

onlydarksets 03-12-2006 06:47 PM

No Maryland. It happens.

I haven't had a chance to review the brackets yet, but I like that they setup a potential BC-Cuse showdown in the finals! ;)

BigSKINBauer 03-12-2006 07:29 PM

Yep. I'm starting to fill it out and have BC going to Indianapolis and losing to Uconn So far but I have a lot of fixing to do. My pennstate obviously did not get in but I got my Wisconsin in there but I have them losing to villa. in the second.

People post your upsets:
Right now I got Wisc-milwaukee over oklahoma. I got George Town going to play BC in the elite 8 with BC winning. i am working more closely on Minnneapolis for some reason right now but I'll see soon later.

SmootSmack 03-12-2006 10:58 PM

How did Tennessee get a #2 seed. And how did GW get a #8 seed facing UNCW in round 1 and probably Duke in round 2? Crazy

onlydarksets 03-13-2006 07:44 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]How did Tennessee get a #2 seed. And how did GW get a #8 seed facing UNCW in round 1 and probably Duke in round 2? Crazy[/QUOTE]

The GW seeding jumped out at me, too - that was a slap in the face to GW. I know they are a mid-major, but they went 26-2. and were ranked in the top 10 until their loss to Temple.

Schneed10 03-13-2006 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=onlydarksets]The GW seeding jumped out at me, too - that was a slap in the face to GW. I know they are a mid-major, but they went 26-2. and were ranked in the top 10 until their loss to Temple.[/QUOTE]

The injury to Pops has everything to do with it. Without him, an 8 seed sounds about right to me.

onlydarksets 03-13-2006 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=Schneed10]The injury to Pops has everything to do with it. Without him, an 8 seed sounds about right to me.[/QUOTE]

There's no way to know why the committee does anything it does. I think an 8 seed in the top bracket is ludicrous (it's basically one step away from a 9 seed), but we'll probably have to agree to disagree.

itvnetop 04-03-2006 09:25 PM

is anyone watching the final? The only time I'd ever root for an SEC team... gators, kill the 'ruins!!!

itvnetop 04-03-2006 09:29 PM

Florida out with a quick start... chomp 'em up!

itvnetop 04-03-2006 10:17 PM

'Ruins down 11 at halftime!