Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Office (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11387)

MTK 03-10-2006 10:01 PM

The Office

Anybody else hooked on this show?

I think it's hilarious

TheMalcolmConnection 03-10-2006 10:11 PM

Re: The Office

Love it. Do you think a lot of it is improv? There's no way writers think up some of this stuff.

EternalEnigma21 03-10-2006 10:18 PM

what channel is it on?

TheMalcolmConnection 03-10-2006 10:18 PM

Meh. I actually am not sure. I just flip around on Thursday until I find Earl.

MTK 03-10-2006 10:21 PM

NBC Thursday nights at 9:30.

MTK 03-10-2006 10:21 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Love it. Do you think a lot of it is improv? There's no way writers think up some of this stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think the same thing, that's what makes it so funny, it seems really loose and unscripted.

That Guy 03-10-2006 10:59 PM

its just awkward humor. The BBC first was better, but i don't really like either one.

MTK 03-10-2006 11:06 PM

I've tried watching the BBC one, I just don't get those crazy brits I guess

skinsfanthru&thru 03-11-2006 01:44 AM

I wasn't impressed but I liked My Name is Earl. it just sucks that it's now in the same time slot as CSI so I haven't seen it since the switch.

Warpath 03-11-2006 03:43 PM

Yea I love The Office. I rented all the BBC ones and I thought it was hilarious. I ernted them all before I knew that it was coming out in the U.S. The boss on the BBC one was really funny.

itvnetop 03-11-2006 10:24 PM

the boss (ricky gervais) and gareth in the british version were hilarious... i haven't seen the american one yet, but i bet carell is doing the character justice.

onlydarksets 03-12-2006 01:02 AM

The last episode ("Diversity") was great! It is awkward humor, but that's the point. You aren't sure whether to laugh or wince.

I thought the BBC version was a lot funnier than any of the American version episodes, but a couple of the recent US episodes have grown on me.

Earl is hilarious, too - Darnell rocks! ("My family emmigrated from Canada.")

BDBohnzie 03-13-2006 10:54 AM

While the BBC Version of The Office is better, the American version is definitely holding its own. The funniest one thus far was Dwight giving his speech at the conference, where was Salesman of the Year or whatever...

My Name is Earl is awesome. A few weeks ago, he was being courted by Christine Taylor (Ben Stiller's wife) on the "campus" of Frostburg State University.

PWNED 03-13-2006 11:02 AM

[QUOTE=onlydarksets]The last episode ("Diversity") was great! It is awkward humor, but that's the point. You aren't sure whether to laugh or wince.

I thought the BBC version was a lot funnier than any of the American version episodes, but a couple of the recent US episodes have grown on me.

Earl is hilarious, too - Darnell rocks! ("My family emmigrated from Canada.")[/QUOTE]

you mean crabman? thats hilarious that he just calls him that. also catalina is SMOKIN!!!!!

Cooley 350Z 03-13-2006 12:06 PM

Yeah, the American version is definately growing on me. The BBC version is great, but what I like is how the characters of Gareth & Dwight are so radically different from each other and still so funny despite the fact that they are filling the same roles on the 2 shows.

Much of it is improvised, which I think just makes it better. Ricky Gervais (the boss from the BBC version) is one of the Executive Producers as well.

ArtMonkDrillz 03-13-2006 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie]While the BBC Version of The Office is better, the American version is definitely holding its own. The funniest one thus far was Dwight giving his speech at the conference, where was Salesman of the Year or whatever...

My Name is Earl is awesome. A few weeks ago, he was being courted by Christine Taylor (Ben Stiller's wife) on the "campus" of Frostburg State University.[/QUOTE]

I think the producer went to Frostburg. Those losers suck at football, Salisbury beats them almost half the time!

SmootSmack 03-13-2006 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz]I think the producer went to Frostburg. Those losers suck at football, Salisbury beats them almost half the time![/QUOTE]

Yeah Greg Garcia, local guy. Intern for the Don and Mike Show, Board op for Tony K. on Sportstalk 980.

He was the creator of Yes, Dear also and on that show there was always Redskins gear lying around.

kingerock 03-13-2006 02:55 PM

I love the American version and am not sure on the British one. I tried watching all of season 1 and 2, but I just don't get some of the jokes because they are about British or European culture.

Michael Scott and Dwight are so freakin hillarious on this one though, I laugh until my side hurts.

redsk1 03-13-2006 03:36 PM

The show is great. The "diversity-indian poker" bit was great last week.

If you like "The Office" you gotta check out 40 Yr Old Virgin. Good stuff.

That Guy 03-13-2006 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=kingerock]I love the American version and am not sure on the British one. I tried watching all of season 1 and 2, but I just don't get some of the jokes because they are about British or European culture.

Michael Scott and Dwight are so freakin hillarious on this one though, I laugh until my side hurts.[/QUOTE]

that makes sense. I grew up watching monty python, doctor who, and (more importantly) the young ones, so i guess i caught more of the cultural jokes...

skinsfanthru&thru 03-14-2006 12:09 AM

[QUOTE=That Guy]that makes sense. I grew up watching monty python, doctor who, and (more importantly) the young ones, so i guess i caught more of the cultural jokes...[/QUOTE]

I'd never heard about it before the other day, but one of the cable channels has a new Doctor Who series That Guy just so u know. I just wish I could remember what channel it was on, but for some reason I'm thinking it's gonna be on the sci fi channel.

That Guy 03-14-2006 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]I'd never heard about it before the other day, but one of the cable channels has a new Doctor Who series That Guy just so u know. I just wish I could remember what channel it was on, but for some reason I'm thinking it's gonna be on the sci fi channel.[/QUOTE]

it's the sci fi channel, they're showing last years episodes (which i already downloaded, thanks intarweb!). It's really good though and worth a look if you might be interested. the budget is a bit lower than standard network (CSI etc) fare here though, but the acting's solid.

SmootSmack 03-14-2006 11:52 AM

Speaking of "My Name is Earl"

[URL=http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5271]Earl Meets Stewie[/URL]

firstdown 03-14-2006 12:31 PM

The three shows I try to catch every week are Men, Earl and The Office.