Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   12:01 am: source info (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11388)

shallyshal 03-10-2006 10:59 PM

Re: 12:01 am: source info

[QUOTE=SKINFANFOLIFE]Your Right But Isn't Carter Prone To The Injury Bug[/QUOTE]

not really. it is peterson who was injured and lost most of a season.

i did not realize that carter was the son of reuben carter, the old nose tackle. good genes...

shallyshal 03-10-2006 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=SKINFANFOLIFE]NEVER MIND PETERSON.

[b]Redskins | Team won't make a major move to sign Peterson[/b]
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:35:42 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">[color=#0000ff]Washington Redskins[/color] were not poised to be a major player in the race to sign free agent LB [url="http://www.kffl.com/player/1575/nfl"][color=#0000ff]Julian Peterson[/color][/url] (49ers), according to representatives for players on the linebacker market.[/QUOTE]

no problem. peterson cannot play def end... carter can...he is our man

SmootSmack 03-10-2006 11:05 PM

A less reliable "source" of mine says DC native and current Falcons K Todd Peterson may want to come here. Skins may not want him though

SKINFANFOLIFE 03-10-2006 11:07 PM

Do You Really Think That Peterson Would Be Stiff Competition For Hall?

That Guy 03-10-2006 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Just talked to a reliable "source" of mine and here's a quick and dirty summary:

-He expects the Skins to be very aggressive in free agency. Not quite like 2000, but much more aggressive than we've seen in the last few years. Skins will make several early splashes, Redskins One will be very busy. Skins will look to address most of their needs in free agency.
[/QUOTE]

few years? 2 years ago we brought in about 26 new players and turned over so many positions (QB, RB, TE #1, SS, FS, CB #1, LOLB, MLB, DE #2, DT #1, CB #3).

I doubt this year will be quite like that ;)

MTK 03-10-2006 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=shallyshal]it usually doesn't work that 2 vet kickers will be brought to camp. i don't see the skins signing peterson or longwell and keeping hall for the competition. that means we get someone like kimrin (i know he is signed elsewhere) or novack (ditto) to give hall a false sense of competition.. unless we sign someone like edinger or bryant, it won't be a realistic competition and then we will settle on hall by default because rookies or inexperienced kickers don't make pressure kicks inthe real season.

i would rather either say hall is the man, or cut him and sign either longwell or vinateri (if parcells hasn't already got him). these competitons are bs..

as for punter, we simply cannot afford to lose the field position battle all winter to the nfc east teams. they need to go after zastudil if possible.. or take rouen as a fall back. we have tried groom and frost and... well you know the difference between a vet like tupa and a youngster. it was like night and day the past 2 years..[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about a vet going to camp with Hall?

Look for a young (and cheaper) leg to possibly beat him out, but it all depends on Hall's health.

SmootSmack 03-10-2006 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=shallyshal]not really. it is peterson who was injured and lost most of a season.

i did not realize that carter was the son of reuben carter, the old nose tackle. good genes...[/QUOTE]

Wow. I didn't know that either. The same Rubin Carter that we beat in Super Bowl XXII, the same Rubin Carter that coached our D-Line in 1999 and 2000.

SKINFANFOLIFE 03-10-2006 11:12 PM

I Doubt That It Will Be Like 2 Years Ago But I Do Count On Some Big Names.
Washington Post Is Saying Were Gonna Contact Andre Dyson Of The Seahawks And Darren Howard Of The Saints.

SmootSmack 03-10-2006 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=SKINFANFOLIFE]Do You Really Think That Peterson Would Be Stiff Competition For Hall?[/QUOTE]

I don't know that Hall will be here for him to compete with. There must be some Zendejas brother out there.

That Guy 03-10-2006 11:13 PM

D campbell means we'd be drafting 2 of the following CB/OL/WR/DE/DT in rounds 2 and 3.

I think they want to draft DL bad, so they'll try to cover as many cheap needs as possible in free agency. I would have liked a guy like pope or klop though ;)

edit: i'm sorry some of my posts are sucking tonight. I'm tired and i can tell they aren't that good.

That Guy 03-10-2006 11:15 PM

there are 2 amazing kickers coming out of college next year (one went 4/6 on [b]57+ yard FGs[/b] last year).

since we need someone now, i'd assume longwell is the best choice since he's the youngest "good" kicker available.

Big C 03-10-2006 11:26 PM

my source just told me that he had a very reliable source of a source of a sources source that matt bowen has already been cut

shallyshal 03-10-2006 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Wow. I didn't know that either. The same Rubin Carter that we beat in Super Bowl XXII, the same Rubin Carter that coached our D-Line in 1999 and 2000.[/QUOTE]

the one and the same... i have been shuttling between about 5 websites tonight and read that on one of them. i did not know it either before tonight

shallyshal 03-10-2006 11:30 PM

[QUOTE=SKINFANFOLIFE]I Doubt That It Will Be Like 2 Years Ago But I Do Count On Some Big Names.
Washington Post Is Saying Were Gonna Contact Andre Dyson Of The Seahawks And Darren Howard Of The Saints.[/QUOTE]

those guys would be fine with me also.. dyson played well for the seahawks
even on a twisted ankle

SmootSmack 03-10-2006 11:31 PM

What's this I hear about the Bills being interested in Robert Royal? I don't think we'll really miss him though