Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cooley & Campbell hard at work (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11428)

MTK 03-11-2006 11:21 PM

Cooley & Campbell hard at work

At the Wizards game tonight with Archuleta and Randle El :biggthump

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060312/capt.vzn10603120259.pistons_wizards_basketball_vzn106.jpg[/img]

BigSKINBauer 03-11-2006 11:31 PM

Re: Cooley & Campbell hard at work

thats awesome. i like to see our boys recruiting. I just watched the game now that i know exactly where they would be sitting. I watched through the entire first half and they were not there and kept on fast forwarding. I saw that there were care packages in 4 seats and at 3:06 in the third the seats were empty and at 2:51 there they were!!!!#$@!

I am going to look through it and see if they got excited over the domination that was March 11, 2006 @ Verizon Center.

BigSKINBauer 03-11-2006 11:48 PM

I watched the entire time they were there over. Cooley got up and went back a row to talk to someone and Adam spread out and took both seats up with his ass squarely in the middle. Cooley and archuleta were talking the entire time and there was a split b/w them and randell and Campbell. Campbell did absolutely no talking with Randel from what I saw. The coaches of the Pistons were pissed yelling and throwing shit around right next to El. They never cheered and they left before 8:09 in the forth. They stayed an amazing 10 game minutes!

SmootSmack 03-11-2006 11:57 PM

Interesting that Campbell was chosen as one of the people to help recruit our FAs, instead of someone who actually plays.

Is that a sign of things to come this season for Campbell? Am I reading too much into this?

MTK 03-12-2006 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Interesting that Campbell was chosen as one of the people to help recruit our FAs, instead of someone who actually plays.

Is that a sign of things to come this season for Campbell? Am I reading too much into this?[/QUOTE]

Cooley and Archuleta share the same agent, perhaps Randel El and Campbell do too?

drew54 03-12-2006 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Interesting that Campbell was chosen as one of the people to help recruit our FAs, instead of someone who actually plays.

Is that a sign of things to come this season for Campbell? Am I reading too much into this?[/QUOTE]

He is the future. That and he probably is sticking around the DC area and busting his @ss to get better and be the starter.

Earlier this week in one of the Redskins.com podcasts, Louis Riddick called him a superstar in the making. I have a feeling that if he shows up in preseason and plays at a level close to Brunell, then we will have a new starter in DC.

hooskins 03-12-2006 12:07 AM

If Campbell didn't even talk to Randel El and they didnt even stay one full quarter, then what was the whole point? I mean if they went out clubbing or something afterwards then thats good, but otherwise Randel El isnt any close to being a Skin.

That Guy 03-12-2006 12:08 AM

maybe those two were just doing workouts or something and danny asked them to come along... maybe they were just around the area and got called up.

cooley and adam have the same agent, so it looks like they know each other fairly well. not sure on a campbell connection (though it'd make sense he'd be working out, he got his deal done and actually got to redskin park early to start learning the playbook before training camp. That's VERY encouraging, cause ramsey held out and lost a lot of time, the opening day starting spot and basically an entire year to cement himself here. It may also factor into his new relegation of status to career backup.

The WORST thing a guy can do is hold out, unless the $20k difference is worth ruining an entire year and a chance to leave a good first impression).

SmootSmack 03-12-2006 12:15 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Cooley and Archuleta share the same agent, perhaps Randel El and Campbell do too?[/QUOTE]

They have different agents, but they could be from the same agency

Warpath 03-12-2006 12:30 AM

I think its kinda crazy to see all those guys togfther in public. Its kinda encouraging to me. THink about it, if you went to an interview away from home would you go out with other people that worked there if the interview didnt go well? Id say the Skins have a pretty good shot at getting both of them if they can spare the money.

That Guy 03-12-2006 12:52 AM

[QUOTE=Warpath]I think its kinda crazy to see all those guys togfther in public. Its kinda encouraging to me. THink about it, if you went to an interview away from home would you go out with other people that worked there if the interview didnt go well? Id say the Skins have a pretty good shot at getting both of them if they can spare the money.[/QUOTE]

in the end its about the money. I don't think many people leave the redskins interview unimpressed. but for randle-el, the money would not only have to beat chicago, but also his local ties and the starting opportunity would also have to be equal. Right now chicago is shooting at least 2/3, though money is obviously far more important in most cases.

70Chip 03-12-2006 01:00 AM

Maybe those guys were hoping that Cooley would introduce them to some cheerleaders. BTW, Cooley's appearance seems very slovenly. The coaches better keep a close eye on his ass.

jdockser 03-12-2006 01:48 AM

what is that i see? chris cooley supporting our nationals? maybe he is planning to stick in DC for a while.

RedskinPete 03-12-2006 07:10 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]At the Wizards game tonight with Archuleta and Randle El :biggthump

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060312/capt.vzn10603120259.pistons_wizards_basketball_vzn106.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

You got to love these guys!!! :towel: :towel: Come on in the family is great!! :headbange

drew54 03-12-2006 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=jdockser]what is that i see? chris cooley supporting our nationals? maybe he is planning to stick in DC for a while.[/QUOTE]

I remember last year I saw some pictures of him wearing a Nats hat while doing charity work in the DC area. He is the man, after this offseason we should sign him up long term.