Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hookah! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11915)

Daseal 04-03-2006 01:27 AM

Hookah!

Hey Guys,
Ever since moving to Northern Virginia from the country one of the big things to do at many college campuses now, especially up here, Hookah bars are huge? Anyone else somewhat addictive? I just got a sweet new hookah for my birthday and I'm loving it right now.

Also, looking for a good place to get shisha (or tobacco, not sure of the correct terminology)

That Guy 04-03-2006 01:39 AM

Re: Hookah!

[quote=Daseal]Hey Guys,
Ever since moving to Northern Virginia from the country one of the big things to do at many college campuses now, especially up here, Hookah bars are huge? Anyone else somewhat addictive? I just got a sweet new hookah for my birthday and I'm loving it right now.

Also, looking for a good place to get shisha (or tobacco, not sure of the correct terminology)[/quote]

some of my friends took me to one that's in alexandria a couple times. Place is packed, run by arabs and they've got egyptian tv running and arabian CDs for sale etc. I don't really see the point though, i don't smoke and this is just tabacco another way... I guess it healthier.

Anyways, that's probably the one to go to since its where all the middle-easterners go for theirs. They've got a million flavors too.

Daseal 04-03-2006 01:44 AM

You probably went to Prince, which, in my opinion, is trash.

There's a morocan place in Vienna that we normally go to. Laid back place, take a crew there, get a couple hookahs, play cards. The tea at any hookah place it to die for! I'm not a smoker really either, I have the occassional cigar and do hookah from time to time.

MTK 04-03-2006 09:57 AM

Do people really smoke tobacco outta those things nowadays??

What a shame.

;)

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-03-2006 09:58 AM

dewd...it's a BONG!

lol

TheMalcolmConnection 04-03-2006 10:12 AM

Yeah, my friend has one and says he smokes tobacco out of it. Liar.

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-03-2006 10:18 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Yeah, my friend has one and says he smokes tobacco out of it. Liar.[/QUOTE]

It's the empty box of twinkees next to it that gives you that impression?

lol

MTK 04-03-2006 10:19 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]Yeah, my friend has one and says he smokes tobacco out of it. Liar.[/quote]

Does 'friend' mean you by chance? :)

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-03-2006 10:22 AM

yeah, I have a "friend" that has one too...I think.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-03-2006 10:39 AM

[quote=Mattyk72]Does 'friend' mean you by chance? :)[/quote]

Give me a break, I don't use that pipe.

Because you can't smoke crack out of it.

Redskins_P 04-03-2006 11:20 AM

I lived w/ two Arabs and one of them had a hookah. I remember I would smoke that shit daily, but then it just got old.

Daseal I think I know the place you're talking about. Theres a lebanese place in Tysons thats pretty good too. You can buy the tobacco there as well. If you're looking for a place to buy all that stuff, just go to any Arab market in Vienna (they're like 5 of them) and they'll have it. Double apple is the best flavor.

Matty, the cool thing about the hookahs is that you can "mix" the tobacco w/ "other things" and just sit back and toke. All you can smell is the tobacco. We've done that in a couple of hookah bars and haven't gotten caught.

But I'm w/ you. No point in smoking a hookah if you're not going to get a buzz at least.

MTK 04-03-2006 11:22 AM

When I went to Vegas last year there was this hookah bar I wanted to check out, just never got around to it.