Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F...Lawn Care (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=11949)

jbcjr14 04-04-2006 11:56 AM

F...Lawn Care

Just hate mowing the damn lawn, fertilizing, and all the other spring time horseshit that goes along with it.

F Mowing the Lawn!

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-04-2006 11:58 AM

Re: F...Lawn Care

Try thatching!
I'm tatching my front yard this week and it's hard as hell and will, get this....Make The Grass Grow!
What the hell am I doing this for?

jbcjr14 04-04-2006 12:00 PM

Yes SBF, I did that crap this past weekend - all to make it grow so I have to mow it....that's just f'd up!

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-04-2006 12:01 PM

I was telling the kid next door how stupid it was. He agreed.

I am building a very cool 12'x12' shop/shed out back that I'm enjoying working on.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-04-2006 12:01 PM

F Painting. I moved into my new house on Monday and the first room I've started painting is my Redskins room.

For those of you who have one, I'm painting over white with the top grade paint from Lowe's and it's taking me FOUR FREAKIN' COATS.

jbcjr14 04-04-2006 12:02 PM

Malcolm - I am no moderator, but F painting should probably have its own thread. I can forsee a ton of replies to that one.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-04-2006 12:04 PM

I mean, I love the end result, but seriously I'm going to start doing heroin if I don't get this done. I'm about to pay a guy $300 to paint the rest of the rooms of my house just to save the headache.

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-04-2006 12:04 PM

Check out my shop!
I have the piers poured and set and floor done. Gonna raise the walls and roof soon.
[url]http://www.boastingrights.com/mike/2006shop/95.jpg[/url]

jbcjr14 04-04-2006 12:05 PM

Nice work SBF....just as a unrelated question, how old is that damn dog?

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-04-2006 12:06 PM

Skipjack is a 5 year old Chesepeake Bay Retriever.
Super dog!!!!

He's a Redskins fan too!

TheMalcolmConnection 04-04-2006 12:07 PM

[quote=Sammy Baugh Fan]Check out my shop!
I have the piers poured and set and floor done. Gonna raise the walls and roof soon.
[URL="http://www.boastingrights.com/mike/2006shop/95.jpg"]http://www.boastingrights.com/mike/2006shop/95.jpg[/URL][/quote]

Nice shop. Eventually I'm going to have to get another home improvement loan from where I work to flatten out my back yard. I have 2.25 acres, but only about .5 of that is flat.

jbcjr14 04-04-2006 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Nice shop. Eventually I'm going to have to get another home improvement loan from where I work to flatten out my back yard. I have 2.25 acres, but only about .5 of that is flat.[/QUOTE]

Haha...F the mountains!

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-04-2006 12:08 PM

I could leave it as a stage and just add a BRASS POLL!

lol
Homeownership rocks man. I agree

TheMalcolmConnection 04-04-2006 12:12 PM

[quote=jbcjr14]Haha...F the mountains![/quote] F the potholes that made me almost wreck my four-wheeler!

jbcjr14 04-04-2006 12:13 PM

Yes, I must agree on the potholes - they just f'ing suck! Especially in Western Virginia!

FRPLG 04-04-2006 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]F Painting. I moved into my new house on Monday and the first room I've started painting is my Redskins room.

For those of you who have one, I'm painting over white with the top grade paint from Lowe's and it's taking me FOUR FREAKIN' COATS.[/QUOTE]
Shoulda dark primed baby. Woulda saved money and energy.

MTK 04-04-2006 01:07 PM

I can definitely 2nd F Painting.

I moved in my house in December, we've painted the entire house, just have one room left and that's my Redskins room.

Painting sucks giant hairy nut sack.

Be Tuat 04-04-2006 01:10 PM

Yep, Priming before you paint save time and energy. Priming will probably gives you the base to bring out a truer red color than the white paint.

jbcjr14 04-04-2006 01:12 PM

F the primer too! Hire someone to do that shit!

Summo 04-04-2006 01:12 PM

I actually enjoy painting. It's alot easier though if you use a top quality paint like Benjamin Moore.

BigSKINBauer 04-04-2006 01:19 PM

I liked to mow lawns because I got money for each one that i did. $20 from some people. Nice old man gave me 20+8 tip. That was a long time ago. Last time that I helped painting I thought it was pretty damn fun. I guess when you don't HAVE to do it it becomes fun.

jdlea 04-04-2006 01:46 PM

I actually don't mind Lawn Care. I worked at a golf course for a long time in MD. MWF all I did was drive a tractor around all day, listen to music, work outside, wasn't so bad. Other than getting up at 5:30 in the morning...that's kinda ridiculous.

MTK 04-04-2006 01:51 PM

Speaking of lawn care, in a few weeks I'm going to get started working on mine. I don't have a green thumb at all, how do I go about sprucing up the lawn?? It's kinda patchy in a few spots, and it looks like the previous owners had sand down for their kids in one spot. I'm guessing I'll need to get rid of the sand.

Any idea how much a landscaper is? I'm really not interested in doing a ton of yard work.

jdlea 04-04-2006 01:59 PM

Depends on the rest of the grass and depends how large of a spot we're talking about. But at the golf course we usually mixed in granular fertilizer with sand to get it to grow back in divots. Or, depending on how much you'd be willing to spend, you could probably sod over the sand, but that would be tricky based on how deep the sand is and such.

Summo 04-04-2006 02:44 PM

I have a friend that does landscaping at cemeteries and he gave me a tip that works. He told me to put my grass seed in the freezer a couple of days before you spread it, this way when you do spread it and it starts to thaw the moister works from the inside out and makes it grow faster and stronger. I tried it and by golly it worked!!

Hogroll 04-04-2006 03:00 PM

[quote=Sammy Baugh Fan]Try thatching!
I'm tatching my front yard this week and it's hard as hell and will, get this....Make The Grass Grow!
What the hell am I doing this for?[/quote]

How about thatching AND airiating (sp?)! Living at the northern tip of the Chesapeake, my yard is nothing but a 3 foot clay cap. Every month from now until August I have to dump sand out of a spreader on my yard just to try and break down the clay. In 2 weeks... mushroom soil and a bobcat!

jbcjr14 04-04-2006 03:25 PM

Tip for grass growing....TOP SOIL mixed with a little grass seed and sand goes a long way to helping the bare spots. Of course, that is for warm weather grasses and seeing how you are in NY this tip won't help you a bit.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-04-2006 03:26 PM

[quote=Hogroll]How about thatching AND airiating (sp?)! Living at the northern tip of the Chesapeake, my yard is nothing but a 3 foot clay cap. Every month from now until August I have to dump sand out of a spreader on my yard just to try and break down the clay. In 2 weeks... mushroom soil and a bobcat![/quote]

I have all that clay myself. Is that how you get rid of it? I had a friend say to sprinkle some top soil down bit by bit, so eventually I get a good base.