Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   F... working (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/11977-f-working.html)

Mattyk 04-05-2006 10:02 AM

F... working

Office Space just hits home for me, work sucks. Maybe I just haven't found something I really like to do yet, does anyone actually like working??

jbcjr14 04-05-2006 10:11 AM

Re: F... working

I only like working when its raining. Every other day sucks, so yes I say F...working as well.

cpayne5 04-05-2006 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Office Space just hits home for me, work sucks. Maybe I just haven't found something I really like to do yet, does anyone actually like working??[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I like my job. But, if I were a billionaire, I probably wouldn't be doing it.

BDBohnzie 04-05-2006 10:50 AM

I like my job, however I'm really lazy, so it works against me as I'd rather be sitting on a beach, drinking beers than here at work. I keep telling my wife it's time for us to befriend someone who can afford to drop a few million in the bank, so we can live off the interest.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-05-2006 10:51 AM

I like working. Probably because, if you couldn't tell, I have SCADS of free time to do whatever I want. Call it nerdy, but I actually do like fixing computers.

Back when I was a graphic designer, I HATED that job. I honestly was about to quit and go directly back to college. I saw the job here at W&L and knew that I knew about computers and I should give it a shot.

skinznut 04-05-2006 11:48 AM

I like my job only because I can do the work I have to do in less than an hour and can pretty much do whatever else I want the rest of the day and still get paid for it. Out of sight out of mind here.

Redskins_P 04-05-2006 11:51 AM

While I like my job and the company I work for........I'm a lazy SOB as well. So F.....work.

I could easily be at home right now either sleeping or playing madden on my PS2.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-05-2006 12:35 PM

I like my job but there r definitely days when I don't want to go to work either because of coworkers or the customers. the works can be easy and the pays decent so I can't complain but so much.

Beemnseven 04-05-2006 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Office Space just hits home for me, work sucks. Maybe I just haven't found something I really like to do yet, does anyone actually like working??[/QUOTE]

Hey Matty, read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. He writes about changing the mindset and philosophy of punching timeclocks, working for someone else -- it's pretty inspiring and lets the reader in on the secrets of generating income without working. It's a relatively quick read, and it makes you think.

Summo 04-05-2006 01:27 PM

My job is tolerable for the most part. When I have a full staff I don't do anything but touch myself all day and make graphics for this site. But as of late I've been short handed, but I do have a new hire starting Monday. So I estimate that buy next Wednesday I will have him trained and I will be able to go back to doing what I do best. :cheeky-sm

Mattyk 04-05-2006 01:35 PM

[quote=Beemnseven]Hey Matty, read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. He writes about changing the mindset and philosophy of punching timeclocks, working for someone else -- it's pretty inspiring and lets the reader in on the secrets of generating income without working. It's a relatively quick read, and it makes you think.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll check that out.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that my job is just something that keeps me busy from 9-5 and it pays the bills. I'm really trying to focus my efforts on finding things that I love to do outside of work, and that also generate some side income.

I've got a small business that I'm putting together with a buddy of mine, hopefully that will work out and give me the creative outlet I'm looking for. And who knows what may happen eventually. After all, I never dreamed this site would become what it has when I started up the measly Yahoo Club. So anything certainly is possible if I put some blood, sweat and tears into it.

jamf 04-05-2006 01:42 PM

I like the job but F... Being underpaid!

TheMalcolmConnection 04-05-2006 02:26 PM

[quote=skinznut]I like my job only because I can do the work I have to do in less than an hour and can pretty much do whatever else I want the rest of the day and still get paid for it. Out of sight out of mind here.[/quote]

You sound like you have a very similar job to me. What do you do?

skinznut 04-06-2006 12:04 AM

I work for a college facilities department.

gibbsisgod 04-06-2006 12:21 AM

f- the long hours, i started at 10am and wont get off until midnight