Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Could Donnie Edwards be a Skin??? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12074)

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 04-12-2006 03:30 PM

Could Donnie Edwards be a Skin???

I was reading the rumors on profootballtalk and there is talk that Donnie Edwards of the San Diego Chargers is on the trading block. I think that this could be a match made in heaven for us. Especially in our system which we could convert Marshall back into his natural position of OLB. Only and I mean only if the price is right to get him.

diehardskin2982 04-12-2006 03:36 PM

Re: Donnie Edwards a Skin

i agree if the price is right

bigm29 04-12-2006 03:48 PM

we have nothing to trade away, plus his contract is probabaly huge

diehardskin2982 04-12-2006 03:50 PM

one thing I have learned in the Dan Snyder era never count anything out.

PSUSkinsFan21 04-12-2006 03:52 PM

Agreed with bigm29: we have nothing to offer them and there's no way we have the cap room to sign him to the long-term deal he would require.

Dirtbag59 04-12-2006 03:54 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982]one thing I have learned in the Dan Snyder era never count anything out.[/quote]

I second that.

Riggo44 04-12-2006 03:58 PM

Dream on. That would be great. But it won't happen. There are other teams that would be willing to pay and trade more then we could.

diehardskin2982 04-12-2006 04:08 PM

that is probrally what you said at the possibility of getting randel el, archuleta, lloyd, carter and furia in the same year

Schneed10 04-12-2006 04:20 PM

Can I be a pain in the ass and point out that this thread is really named poorly? I saw the thread's title and I thought we signed this guy. It should read something like "should we get Donnie Edwards" or something.

Beemnseven 04-12-2006 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10]Can I be a pain in the ass and point out that this thread is really named poorly? I saw the thread's title and I thought we signed this guy. It should read something like "should we get Donnie Edwards" or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But I didn't want to be pain in the ass either.

Riggo44 04-12-2006 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982]that is probrally what you said at the possibility of getting randel el, archuleta, lloyd, carter and furia in the same year[/QUOTE]
No not really. I have been sayiing we would get El since last year.Of corse I only said it to piss of my best friend that is a steelers fan.
Let me just say I was laughing my ass off when we really did sign him.

diehardskin2982 04-12-2006 04:29 PM

my point is signing 5 star players in one year is unheard of and nothing is unachievable with this team

PSUSkinsFan21 04-12-2006 04:31 PM

[quote=Beemnseven]Yeah, I thought the same thing. But I didn't want to be pain in the ass either.[/quote]

Me too. I probably wouldn't have bothered clicking on it if it wasn't titled the way it is.

Schneed10 04-12-2006 04:31 PM

Anyway, addressing the matter at hand, I'd like to see us keep our 2nd rounder and draft a young player. We've got our fair share of big salaries on the payroll already, I'd like to see us balance it out by drafting a rookie with that 2nd rounder who hopefully develops into a reliable starter for rookie money.

I also would rather that we give Chris Clemons and Khary Campbell a shot to fill that spot. If we drafted somebody at LB with our 2nd rounder, that would not preclude Clemons and Campbell from getting their shot. Bringing in Donnie Edwards would effectively close the door on Clemons and Campbell. I think it's really good for team morale when coaches show faith in the players they have on hand, and show faith in their own abilities to coach them up and get them playing well. When reserve players are allowed to compete for a promotion to the starting lineup, I think it sends a message to the entire team that hey, if I work hard and prove that I can handle things, the coaches will be willing to give me a shot around here. I think that's motivating, and it makes every reserve feel like they're a real part of the team.

Sometimes you want to acquire help at a position when you know that your reserves suck. Like at WR, we needed help because Taylor Jacobs sucks and doesn't deserve a crack at the starting lineup. But with LB, I think Clemons and Campbell deserve a look, and I think it's an investment in overall team morale to give them a chance.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-12-2006 04:33 PM

True. I WAS opposed to Clemons being a starter, but after watching some film on him, he really does play like a beast.