Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL News (4/19) Redskins wastch GMU's J. Lewis, Lelie is whiny, K Hamilton not nice (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12174)

That Guy 04-20-2006 01:07 AM

NFL News (4/19) Redskins wastch GMU's J. Lewis, Lelie is whiny, K Hamilton not nice

[B]Redskins | Team to attend J. Lewis workout[/B]
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:11:41 -0700

The Washington Post reports the Washington Redskins will attend the workout being held Thursday, April 20, by George Mason basketball player Jai Lewis. He has spent four days training with Walt Cline, Velocity Sports Performance's director of athlete development, and former NFL TE Leonard Stephens. In the morning, Lewis will fill out paperwork and take written tests, including the Wonderlic. In the afternoon, he will be weighed and measured; will be tested in the 40-yard dash, vertical jump and standing broad jump; and will perform agility and position drills for tight ends and linemen.

[B]Broncos | Lelie wants to be No. 1 WR or traded[/B]
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:21:30 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos WR Ashley Lelie said he would like to play where he has a chance to be the No. 1 receiver, according to two NFL sources. Lelie, who is in the last year of his current contract, is unlikely to move up on the depth chart with WR Rod Smith as the No. 1 receiver. If Lelie is not traded, the 2006 season will likely be his final season with the Broncos. Lelie's agents are evaluating interest for a trade.
[B]
NFL | Police and courts: K. Hamilton[/B]
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:49:44 -0700

Peggy Wright, of the Daily Record, reports former New York Giants DL Keith Hamilton admitted he used excessive corporal punishment on his 12-year-old son in February by beating the boy with an electrical cord because he got a poor report card at his private school. Hamilton will avoid any time in jail for his plea to a third-degree charge of endangering the welfare of his son Feb. 1 at his home in Montville, New Jersey. He is already serving a probationary sentence in Morris County, New Jersey, for a drug offense. His plea new bargain calls for him to be sentenced in June to three additional years of probation, anger management and parenting counseling.

lelie isn't a #1 cause he kinda sucks. They tried throwing to him a million times a game in 2004 and it ended up generating a lot of ints and not very many extra catches. No good team would have him as a #1, so what he's really saying is that he wants to get paid to be a loser. I don't get the deal with WRs.

K. Hamilton is obviously not a great guy. Just more proof that being rich doesn't make you a better person or solve all your problems.

the Skins barely paid any attention to J. Lewis until a few weeks ago. Now it looks like our interest is growing (the steelers have watching J Lewis forever). I'm not sure on his speed and he doesn't jump, so i'd assume DE is his more natural position, though TEs have a much easier time getting on the field without nearly as much talent. I'm sure he'll get a couple shots in the NFL, but i'm NOT sure he'll ever be a solid contributor or even make it onto the field.

RiggoRules 04-20-2006 01:54 AM

Re: NFL News (4/19) Redskins wastch GMU's J. Lewis, Lelie is whiny, K Hamilton not nice

There are roughly 5 times as many jobs in the NFL as there are in the NBA -- an unreported aspect of the recent migration of basketball players to the NFL. At the end of the day, whether you are talking about Lewis or Big Baby (LSU), you're looking at a long term project that is more likely than not to go nowhere, but does have potential big payoff.

From a Skins perspective, I don't think there is a college basketball player that will be better than Cooley for several years.

dmek25 04-20-2006 06:44 AM

Re: NFL News (4/19) Redskins wastch GMU's J. Lewis, Lelie is whiny, K Hamilton not nice

thatguy you obviously dont have kids.i cant see why the cops got involved in this personal matter.as for lelie,denver tried their damnest to make him a #1,but he has one problem,he sucks.after watching lewis,he sure looks like he would be a bull on the field,but looks like his 40 time will be REALLY slow

That Guy 04-20-2006 08:39 AM

Lewis is dropping weight right now and has been working on his 40 time... I watched a segment on his NFL workout prep last night. He looked REALLY slow when running his 40s though.

and i don't know about you, but my parents never beat me over a report card (especially not to the point where cops got involved), and my parents never had drug charges filed on them either.

MTK 04-20-2006 08:41 AM

Hamilton is a bum.

Lelie is a nice option as a #2/#3, the guy has speed but not much else.

BrudLee 04-20-2006 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25]thatguy you obviously dont have kids.i cant see why the cops got involved in this personal matter.[/QUOTE]
Well, [U]I do[/U] have kids.

If, while serving probation for a drug offense, I ever beat my children with an electrical cord for getting low grades, I hereby give any of you permission to run me over with your car. Twice.

I'm not a big hitter - though I understand the effectiveness of corporal punishment. Whipping a child with an electrical cord is lower than I care to mention, and Keith Hamilton is a scumbag for doing it.

MTK 04-20-2006 09:48 AM

[quote=dmek25]thatguy you obviously dont have kids.i cant see why the cops got involved in this personal matter.[/quote]

Some kid is getting beat with an electrical cord, by his father who is on probation for a drug offense no less... and you can't see why the cops are involved?

Wow.

dmek25 04-20-2006 10:35 AM

i didnt see the part about the drug offense,but my dad used to beat me with a belt and never got arrested.

BrudLee 04-20-2006 10:41 AM

dmek -

If your dad used to spank you using an implement in response to wrongdoing, and never injured you, then his behavior was legal - if not a little skeevy.

The Hamilton case appears to have been a little more aggressive, where there was apparent injury to his child. That is a different animal altogether.

By the way, I got walloped plenty, as did my siblings, as a child. The current protections for children were not in place then.

dmek25 04-20-2006 11:53 AM

my fault for chiming in without all the facts.venting alittle because my kids are acting up

warriorzpath 04-20-2006 12:40 PM

Just say no to hitting your kids. One day your kids will eventually grow up and then YOU realize how badly YOU behaved.

EXoffender 04-20-2006 01:07 PM

[quote=dmek25]i didnt see the part about the drug offense,but my dad used to beat me with a belt and never got arrested.[/quote]That explains your posts.

dmek25 04-20-2006 04:28 PM

i dont see the part about j/k?