Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F...Hail Storms (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12189)

jbcjr14 04-21-2006 08:00 AM

F...Hail Storms

Three in one day here in Cowpuke Country. That's right, not just nickel size, we had some the size of baseballs! Thank God my car is parked in a garage, there were a few people here that were not so fortunate...it looked like a war zone out there.

Hope people saved some $$ for their insurance deductible!

F Hail!

TheMalcolmConnection 04-21-2006 08:22 AM

Re: F...Hail Storms

Speaking of which, I'm glad we already had a thread about it.

jbcjr14 04-21-2006 09:55 AM

Right, we don't need another insurance thread.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-21-2006 10:04 AM

I know. I was just reminding everyone of how funny THAT thread was as well.

But yes, don't tempt the wrath of mother nature.

jbcjr14 04-21-2006 10:06 AM

It seriously looked like a damn war zone on tv in some of those mall parking lots. You are correct, never underestimate the power of Mother Nature.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-21-2006 10:10 AM

Yeah, I've never been a huge fan of hail or any other type of precipiation for that matter. I STILL haven't been able to hang out on my new back deck because of rain EVERY WEEKEND.

firstdown 04-21-2006 04:20 PM

[quote=jbcjr14]Three in one day here in Cowpuke Country. That's right, not just nickel size, we had some the size of baseballs! Thank God my car is parked in a garage, there were a few people here that were not so fortunate...it looked like a war zone out there.

Hope people saved some $$ for their insurance deductible!

F Hail![/quote]A buddy of mine was driving on the interstate when he ran into a hail storm with hail that large. He pulled over as his front wind shield was smashed in got on the floor of his truck and gave me a call. He was flipping out and it sounded like people where throwing rocks at his truck. It lasted for about 3 to 4 minutes and it was pretty funny as he panicked a little worring that it would smash in all his windows and start bounding on him. I thank him for letting me hear all the excitement and he drove home with the smashed in windshield. The next day he had the windshield replaced and drove over to my house. The truck was beat to H*!! and it ended up doing over $7,000 worth of damage. I only wish I could of recorded the call it would have provided lots of laughes with all our friends. We have a inside joke on him as we were fishing one day and ran through a bad storm and he said the rain hurt so every time it rains he has to catch a bunch of crap from us already.

dmek25 04-21-2006 06:09 PM

tmc,what kind of deck do you have?did you use that trex decking?

jbcjr14 04-22-2006 09:55 AM

Firstdown....if you have never experienced it, it truely is not a pleasant experience. Especially when it starts penetrating the only cover you got. When golf ball to grapefruit size hail is falling several thousand feet from the sky, your ass would be shitting bricks too if you didn't have any cover.

That is a funny story though.