Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL News (4/20) - Ray Lewis whines, Broncos tried 3 times to trade up in the draft (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12193)

That Guy 04-21-2006 03:25 PM

NFL News (4/20) - Ray Lewis whines, Broncos tried 3 times to trade up in the draft

[B]Ravens | R. Lewis not endorsing Billick[/B]
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:18:20 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis declined to give Ravens head coach Brian Billick a vote of confidence during a television interview Wednesday, April 20. In an interview with Comcast SportsNet, Lewis was asked if keeping Billick was a move in the right direction for the Ravens. Lewis paused before responding with "no comment." In another interview with ESPN, Lewis criticized the team for not providing him with two big defensive tackles that could shield him from blockers. Lewis also told ESPN that he has never asked for a trade from team. "The issue is: Are you going to let me do what I do?" Lewis said after mentioning he sees other linebackers having the opportunity to run free to make the tackle. "And if not, let me go."

[B]Broncos | Team rebuffed trying to move up in the NFL Draft[/B]
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:40:01 -0700

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports an unnamed team was the third team to turn down the Denver Broncos' offer of two first-round draft picks for their first-round pick in the NFL Draft. The team was draft somewhere in the top five of the draft, other than No. 3 or No. 5.

[B]Titans | Team says no to NFL Draft trade[/B]
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:35:43 -0700

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Tennessee Titans turned down the Denver Broncos' offer of two first-round draft picks for the Titans' selection at No. 3 in the NFL Draft.

[B]Packers | Team says no to NFL Draft trade[/B]
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:26:15 -0700

WBAY, citing the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Green Bay Packers turned down the Denver Broncos' offer of two first-round draft picks for the Packers' selection at No. 5 in the NFL Draft.

gibbsisgod 04-21-2006 03:28 PM

Re: NFL News (4/20) - Ray Lewis whines, Broncos tried 3 times to trade up in the draft

so that guy, who do you think it was.... the jets?

GTripp0012 04-21-2006 03:28 PM

Re: NFL News (4/20) - Ray Lewis whines, Broncos tried 3 times to trade up in the draft

I guess they wanted VD, but aren't gonna get him now. I wonder why they wouldn't look to San Fran's 6th pick. They want out. Maybe they were the 3rd team.

That Guy 04-21-2006 03:30 PM

I woner who they'd be targetting... a QB maybe? bush and mario williams would most likely be gone, at #5, Db'F and one QB would be gone too.

vernon davis? that makes the most sense. they tried to make putzier a go to guy like they tried to shove throws at lelie, and it also just didn't work. They are a pretty good team, so adding one amazing piece would probably be better than minor upgrades.

That Guy 04-21-2006 03:31 PM

Re: NFL News (4/20) - Ray Lewis whines, Broncos tried 3 times to trade up in the draf

[quote=gibbsisgod]so that guy, who do you think it was.... the jets?[/quote]

yeah, the saints aren't going to move down that far i don't think... and it said top 5, but not 3 or 5 ;)

#15 + #22 = 1830 points. #3 = 2200 points, #4 = 1800 points, #5 = 1700 points. Again, the charts aren't set in stone, but for those that wanted to know.

GTripp0012 04-21-2006 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]I woner who they'd be targetting... a QB maybe? bush and mario williams would most likely be gone, at #5, Db'F and one QB would be gone too.

vernon davis? that makes the most sense. they tried to make putzier a go to guy like they tried to shove throws at lelie, and it also just didn't work. They are a pretty good team, so adding one amazing piece would probably be better than minor upgrades.[/QUOTE]
Vince Young would be a great fit in Denver. Of course they are taking a huge risk going behind the Titans pre draft.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-21-2006 03:36 PM

Re: NFL News (4/20) - Ray Lewis whines, Broncos tried 3 times to trade up in the draf

[quote=GTripp0012]I guess they wanted VD, but aren't gonna get him now. I wonder why they wouldn't look to San Fran's 6th pick. They want out. Maybe they were the 3rd team.[/quote]

I don't think anyone WANTS VD. It just kind of happens.

GTripp0012 04-21-2006 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I don't think anyone WANTS VD. It just kind of happens.[/QUOTE]
lol. But these are the Broncos!

gibbsisgod 04-21-2006 03:41 PM

vd would fit in nicely with ron mexico and the AF

TheMalcolmConnection 04-21-2006 03:54 PM

YEAH. Maybe the Falcons already have VD.

offiss 04-21-2006 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I don't think anyone WANTS VD. It just kind of happens.[/QUOTE]
:goodjob: :laughing-

dmek25 04-21-2006 06:03 PM

hey offiss,where ya been?i saw an interview with ray lewis today and he said he doesnt want out of baltimore but,more than once said if they arent going to use him right,maybe its time to go.he doesnt want to play in the 3-4 defense that ravens used last season.i say if i make the kind of money he is making,ill play defense by my self

That Guy 04-21-2006 06:35 PM

[quote=dmek25]hey offiss,where ya been?i saw an interview with ray lewis today and he said he doesnt want out of baltimore but,more than once said if they arent going to use him right,maybe its time to go.he doesnt want to play in the 3-4 defense that ravens used last season.i say if i make the kind of money he is making,ill play defense by my self[/quote]

the ravens switched to a 4-3 last year.

Monk-Fan 04-21-2006 09:32 PM

Imagine Ron Mexico and VD on the same team, i can hear the call now-" Ron Mexico just threw his third touchdown pass of the day to VD, burning the defense for 6 more....... Boy this pass catch combo is on fire"