Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   F... "Minor Procedures" (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/12214-f-minor-procedures.html)

BrudLee 04-24-2006 06:52 AM

F... "Minor Procedures"

I had a little elective surgery last Thursday, the kind where some guy always says "Oh, I was at work two hours later - no biggie." So, even though the doctor said three days of rest and very light duty, I was moving around the next day.

Now, I've got soreness, bruising, swelling - and no decent painkillers (since it was just a "minor procedure").

Schneed10 04-24-2006 08:11 AM

Re: F... "Minor Procedures"

[quote=BrudLee]I had a little elective surgery last Thursday, the kind where some guy always says "Oh, I was at work two hours later - no biggie." So, even though the doctor said three days of rest and very light duty, I was moving around the next day.

Now, I've got soreness, bruising, swelling - and no decent painkillers (since it was just a "minor procedure").[/quote]

Better off with a short procedure than an unnecessary overnight hospital stay which drives up the costs of healthcare for all of us.

But as for your pain, yeah, f that is right. I had wisdom teeth pulled a few years back, they had to saw one out of my jaw because it was so impacted. My entire head was aching for two weeks. F that.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-24-2006 08:56 AM

Speaking of those minor procedures, I have a question for anyone who might know. I twisted the shit out of my ankle about 2 months ago. I still feel a little tenderness in it and I've heard it takes months to completely get better. It's not even really sore, it just feels different from the other one. Should I wait for the 6-12 month period to go by or should I go in and have it checked out?

Schneed10 04-24-2006 09:14 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]Speaking of those minor procedures, I have a question for anyone who might know. I twisted the shit out of my ankle about 2 months ago. I still feel a little tenderness in it and I've heard it takes months to completely get better. It's not even really sore, it just feels different from the other one. Should I wait for the 6-12 month period to go by or should I go in and have it checked out?[/quote]

I'd have it looked at. I assume you have health insurance.

It's probably nothing, but it can't hurt to have it looked at. At worst you'll have to take off a day of work to go get an x-ray or MRI. And if they find something wrong you'll be glad you got it checked out and fixed rather than walking around with a bum ankle.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-24-2006 09:15 AM

I've been thinking about that. Like I don't know a whole lot about medical stuff, so I'm wondering if after a severe sprain if you have like scar tissue or what. I hardly notice it, but it's one of those things that SHOULD be fine.

jbcjr14 04-24-2006 10:19 AM

I would get it checked out, you could have torn some ligaments or something if still tender after 2 mos.

dmek25 04-24-2006 10:30 AM

tmc,you best bet is getting drunk and ignoring it(hopefully it will go away:))if you stretched the ligaments,or tendons,it could be up to a full year until it starts feeling better.you might want to get it checked just in case

BDBohnzie 04-24-2006 10:42 AM

get the ankle checked out. it's probably nothing, but if it's still tender after 2 months, doesn't hurt to get checked out. i have bad ankles, and yes it takes a while, but you should have had some improvement by now.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-24-2006 10:55 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Just some more information: Without a doubt it's feeling TONS better. When I first did it, I couldn't wear my shoes on the foot. I was back playing basketball with a brace two weeks later. Now I don't wear the brace but I can just tell it's "off" somehow from the other one. I'll get it checked. Thanks again ya'll.

gibbsisgod 04-25-2006 07:22 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]Speaking of those minor procedures, I have a question for anyone who might know. I twisted the shit out of my ankle about 2 months ago. I still feel a little tenderness in it and I've heard it takes months to completely get better. It's not even really sore, it just feels different from the other one. Should I wait for the 6-12 month period to go by or should I go in and have it checked out?[/quote]i had a bad one once that took about 4 months to heal all the way. had to wear a brace for the first two months.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-25-2006 08:33 AM

Excellent. Good to hear people with similar experiences. Not that it's good when it happened, but I was just really worried about it.

BDBohnzie 04-25-2006 10:30 AM

And if you've sprained it bad enough, I'd wear a brace from now on when playing basketball...just for the added support. I had problems with my left ankle several years ago playing softball, so now I wear it all the time when playing.

jamf 04-25-2006 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=BrudLee]I had a little elective surgery last Thursday, the kind where some guy always says "Oh, I was at work two hours later - no biggie." So, even though the doctor said three days of rest and very light duty, I was moving around the next day.

Now, I've got soreness, bruising, swelling - and no decent painkillers (since it was just a "minor procedure").[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear that man. I didnt know they considered a Penile implant a minor procedure
;)

TheMalcolmConnection 04-25-2006 01:34 PM

Ha! Zing.