Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Chernobyl: Ghost Town (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/12274-chernobyl-ghost-town.html)

TheMalcolmConnection 04-27-2006 11:24 AM

Chernobyl: Ghost Town

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/chapter1.html[/url] A really cool and haunting website. Check it out.

Monkeydad 04-27-2006 12:20 PM

Re: Chernobyl: Ghost Town

I saw this several years ago.

Scary stuff. This is why you do inspections, however, the Soviets probably couldn't afford to fix anything even if they had known about it. They bankrupted themselves trying to build up their weaponry against us. President Reagan was a genius, he made them beat themselves.

I was born not far from TMI, just after the "accident" in March of '79.

I think I'm ok. :D

That Guy 04-27-2006 12:31 PM

yeah, that site's been up forever, just remember the story's not real. though many of the facts are right, most of the pictures are stock photographs of the area. She was just part of a tourist group and most of the pictures of her were taken completely away from the sites where she says she took them.

I think the sites been revised from the first time it went up, but just thought I'd throw it out there (slashdot covered it two years ago and she admitted her entire trip story was made up).

Monkeydad 04-27-2006 12:36 PM

[quote=That Guy]yeah, that site's been up forever, just remember the story's not real. though many of the facts are right, most of the pictures are stock photographs of the area. She was just part of a tourist group and most of the pictures of her were taken completely away from the sites where she says she took them.

I think the sites been revised from the first time it went up, but just thought I'd throw it out there (slashdot covered it two years ago and she admitted her entire trip story was made up).[/quote]

I never knew that. Thanks!

TheMalcolmConnection 04-27-2006 01:24 PM

[quote=That Guy]yeah, that site's been up forever, just remember the story's not real. though many of the facts are right, most of the pictures are stock photographs of the area. She was just part of a tourist group and most of the pictures of her were taken completely away from the sites where she says she took them.

I think the sites been revised from the first time it went up, but just thought I'd throw it out there (slashdot covered it two years ago and she admitted her entire trip story was made up).[/quote]

Is there still a Santa Claus? :(

Just let me believe...

dmek25 04-27-2006 02:47 PM

man,that is some scary stuff.just think,that almost happened here at t.m.i. buster,where are you from?im right down the road from t.m.i. in lancaster

That Guy 04-27-2006 03:15 PM

three mile island was nowhere close to what happened in chernobyl. It wouldn't have been good, but it wouldn't have destroyed the ecosystem for a trillion miles either.

btw, wildlife has returned around chernobyl and is able to cope with the high radiation (2nd and 3rd generation wildlife). They've suffered various mild mutations, but nothing that affects immediate survival (those that have are, you know, dead).

also the greenpeace guy (founder) finally admitted he was wrong about nuclear power... about 30 years too late, but its nice he finally came around.

jamf 04-27-2006 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=Buster]I saw this several years ago.

Scary stuff. This is why you do inspections, however, the Soviets probably couldn't afford to fix anything even if they had known about it. They bankrupted themselves trying to build up their weaponry against us. President Reagan was a genius, he made them beat themselves.

I was born not far from TMI, just after the "accident" in March of '79.

I think I'm ok. :D[/QUOTE]

I knew you were a foreigner once you said Reagan was a genius...;)

dmek25 04-27-2006 03:59 PM

thats funny:) i cant even think of a witty reply.besides,reagan was a pretty good actor(ok,i guess im reaching alittle)

Monkeydad 04-27-2006 04:21 PM

[quote=jamf]I knew you were a foreigner once you said Reagan was a genius...;)[/quote]

Ha, I can tell YOU'RE from California too. :laughing-

steveo395 04-27-2006 04:26 PM

[quote=jamf]I knew you were a foreigner once you said Reagan was a genius...;)[/quote]
hes not a foreigner

he said he was born near three mile island which was in Pennsylvania

and reagan was a genius

jamf 04-27-2006 04:52 PM

well. Clearly i am not a genius and you a bad judge of genius. in my opinion :)

That Guy 04-27-2006 05:50 PM

[quote=jamf]you a bad judge of genius.[/quote]

ironic?

dmek25 04-28-2006 06:43 AM

if reagan was a genius,then so is bush(ha ha)

Monkeydad 04-28-2006 10:56 AM

[quote=steveo395]hes not a foreigner

he said he was born near three mile island which was in Pennsylvania

and reagan was a genius[/quote]

Thanks for agreeing AND being able to read. :food-smil