Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Idea for 2007 Mock Draft (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12323)

81forHOF 04-30-2006 03:10 PM

Idea for 2007 Mock Draft

I liked the idea of the Mock Draft this year but I saw that it started to fizzle in the 2nd round. I had an idea that would make the whole thing more interesting and keep people involved for the whole 7 rounds!

Make a contest out of it. Come up with a scoring system that is loosely like this:

Correct player picked at right location = 5 points
Correct player taken at different spot in draft = 4 points
Correct position taken at right spot (but player wrong) = 3 points
Correct position taken somewhere else in draft (example = you have your team taking a certain RB in the 1st round but they do not, instead they address that need later in the draft with a different player) = 1 point

People can keep track of thier own points and we'll double check the winners score. Everybody throws in $10 per team and we'll give out prizes like:
1st place = $200
2nd place = $75
3rd place = $45

The person who studies his team's needs best will have an definate advantage to take home the dough. This will give us a very well researched Mock Draft!

Now the people picking early will have an advantage (although it would not have helped this year) so we would need an honest administrator to pull the team names out of a hat.

I'll see if I can get That Guy involved since he did such a good job with this years Mock. I know we got a whole year before this can go down but I thought I'd throw it out there while we are all draft crazy. I have never heard of a Mock Draft contest before so we could be starting something that catches on!

EXoffender 04-30-2006 03:15 PM

Re: Idea for 2007 Mock Draft

Great timing. You'll have that string tied around your finger for almost a year.

GTripp0012 04-30-2006 05:45 PM

I like that idea, although someone else should lead the way next year.

diehardskin2982 04-30-2006 07:08 PM

only problem with that is one teams pick depends on anothers pick before it. Also gtripp put together the mock draft not thatguy

GTripp0012 04-30-2006 07:12 PM

That Guy did most of the work, he created the draft boards, rules sheets and prospect links. I merely had the job of keeping things moving...

diehardskin2982 04-30-2006 07:24 PM

plus shorten the time it takes to make the pick decision some people forgot they even had a team. also what was up with everyone wanting the hershal walker/ ricky williams type trades for some one to move up?

GTripp0012 04-30-2006 07:45 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982]also what was up with everyone wanting the hershal walker/ ricky williams type trades for some one to move up?[/quote]I guess some GM's were afraid they'd get fired if they passed on once in a lifetime talent.

81forHOF 04-30-2006 07:48 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982]plus shorten the time it takes to make the pick decision some people forgot they even had a team. also what was up with everyone wanting the hershal walker/ ricky williams type trades for some one to move up?[/quote]

With money on the line people should keep it more real and go with what thier team is most likely to do.

As for who would run it, anyone but me is who I had in mind.