Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F... Freud. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12377)

Daseal 05-03-2006 02:14 AM

F... Freud.

And F... 3 page papers worht 40% of your grade. I'm 2/3s done and Freud has me at a standstill. I just want to go to bed!

Duffman003 05-03-2006 02:20 AM

Re: F... Freud.

just talk about how he loved coke

saden1 05-03-2006 02:20 AM

40% for a single paper? Damn, is it at least an iterative paper?

SmootSmack 05-03-2006 03:29 AM

I had an accounting exam once, it was a three part question. Each part based on the answer to the previous part. And it was worth 100% of our grade.

BigSKINBauer 05-03-2006 06:31 AM

lol, being my last semester in high school we don't do much. Our test was worth 60% of our grade. I failed it knowing there would be a re-take because i wasn't getting that stuff. I did fail it but i think i did better on the retake but i don't know yet.

BDBohnzie 05-03-2006 10:08 AM

3 page, double spaced paper on Freud? I'm sorry, maybe it was because I was a history major and wrote papers constantly, but you should have been able to whip that out in an hour or so. the 40% part is kinda sketchy, but as long as you keep focus and state all your facts, it should be no problem mon.

cpayne5 05-03-2006 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie]3 page, double spaced paper on Freud? I'm sorry, maybe it was because I was a history major and wrote papers constantly, but you should have been able to whip that out in an hour or so. the 40% part is kinda sketchy, but as long as you keep focus and state all your facts, it should be no problem mon.[/QUOTE]
My wife is the same way. She's gotten to the point where she can write 5 pages an hour without hesitation. When I was in school (Computer Science, so the curriculum wasn't focused on papers), I was lucky to do 1 page an hour. Writing papers just wasn't easy for me. I always did well on them, but I couldn't crank them out easily.

MTK 05-03-2006 11:32 AM

[quote=BDBohnzie]3 page, double spaced paper on Freud? I'm sorry, maybe it was because I was a history major and wrote papers constantly, but you should have been able to whip that out in an hour or so. the 40% part is kinda sketchy, but as long as you keep focus and state all your facts, it should be no problem mon.[/quote]

Seriously... 3 pages?? That's it?

I think the shortest paper I wrote in grad school was 8-10 pages, and even that's a breeze.

This past semester I had a 60+ page monster for one class, and a group project for my other class that was 60+, now that's a pain.

SmootSmack 05-03-2006 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Seriously... 3 pages?? That's it?

I think the shortest paper I wrote in grad school was 8-10 pages, and even that's a breeze.

This past semester I had a 60+ page monster for one class, and a group project for my other class that was 60+, now that's a pain.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Amateur! My last grad school paper was a 250+ page 3-person group project

MTK 05-03-2006 12:24 PM

[quote=TAFKAS]Ha! Amateur! My last grad school paper was a 250+ page 3-person group project[/quote]

Oh yeah? I had to write a 10 kajillion page paper once, and then another time I wrote a 100 bazillion page paper that I had to do an 8 hour presentation on! Beat that! :)

SmootSmack 05-03-2006 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Oh yeah? I had to write a 10 kajillion page paper once, and then another time I wrote a 100 bazillion page paper that I had to do an 8 hour presentation on! Beat that! :)[/QUOTE]

I had to do the same, except the 10 kajillion page paper was in Aramaic, and the 8 hour presentation was a bit difficult because I had to be a mime

so...how's the paper coming along Daseal?

BigSKINBauer 05-03-2006 12:33 PM

but daseals three pages are worth 40% of his grade. That sucks. It actually becomes hard to shorten things to 3 pages and when it is worth 40%!.

i wrote a 2 and a half page paper on frued last year and it was horrible but it was easily graded and everyone that actually tried got an A or B.

MTK 05-03-2006 01:41 PM

[quote=BigSKINBauer]but daseals three pages are worth 40% of his grade. That sucks. It actually becomes hard to shorten things to 3 pages and when it is worth 40%!.[/quote]

True, sometimes being short and sweet is much more difficult.

BDBohnzie 05-03-2006 04:01 PM

Yes it does become hard to shorten, and 40% can make or break, but at the same time, as long as the facts are there, it shouldn't be any problem.

I can't compete with 10 kajillion, but 3 of my 4 history papers on file at Salisbury are over 10 pages in length, 2 over 20. None on Freud, but my last one was how the Depression was affected by Major League Baseball.

Daseal 05-03-2006 04:58 PM

The length certainly doesn't bother me one bit. Its actually harder to write 3 pages tan anything else. Oh well, it's done!