Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F...Hallmark Holidays (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12477)

TheMalcolmConnection 05-15-2006 11:08 AM

F...Hallmark Holidays

I'm sure we all got to celebrate Mother's Day yesterday and isn't it bad ass that you get to spend your hard earned money on a day that not everyone can celebrate. Sure enough, there are plenty of people who can't celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving, and the list goes on, but DAMN things like Valentine's Day, Mother's and Father's day really chap my ass. It's like you may as well just count your bank account as $50 short for each of these holidays and $200 short for fucking Valentine's day.

ArtMonkDrillz 05-15-2006 11:18 AM

Re: F...Hallmark Holidays

Well someone's not getting a Happy Malcolm Day card this year.

skinsfanthru&thru 05-15-2006 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I'm sure we all got to celebrate Mother's Day yesterday and isn't it bad ass that you get to spend your hard earned money on a day that not everyone can celebrate. Sure enough, there are plenty of people who can't celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving, and the list goes on, but DAMN things like Valentine's Day, Mother's and Father's day really chap my ass. It's like you may as well just count your bank account as $50 short for each of these holidays and $200 short for fucking Valentine's day.[/QUOTE]

this past weekend I had my parents anniversary, my dad's b-day, and mother's day so I normally set aside a bit of my paycheck at the beginning of the month.
Christmas and Valentines day are the really ex$pensive ones cuz atleast your parents will forgive and let it slide if u only get them a card and something small whereas family members and gf's or spouses will never let u hear the end of it if u cheap out on x-mas or v-day.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-15-2006 11:23 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]Well someone's not getting a Happy Malcolm Day card this year.[/quote]\

HAHAHAHAHA! Very nice.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-15-2006 11:24 AM

[quote=skinsfanthru&thru]this past weekend I had my parents anniversary, my dad's b-day, and mother's day so I normally set aside a bit of my paycheck at the beginning of the month.
Christmas and Valentines day are the really ex$pensive ones cuz atleast your parents will forgive and let it slide if u only get them a card and something small whereas family members and gf's or spouses will never let u hear the end of it if u cheap out on x-mas or v-day.[/quote]

See? Isn't that some bullshit too? I don't think I'll ever give someone ELSE something for their anniversary. Like that's something you celebrate together I feel.

PSUSkinsFan21 05-15-2006 11:27 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]See? Isn't that some bullshit too? I don't think I'll ever give someone ELSE something for their anniversary. Like that's something you celebrate together I feel.[/quote]

Card at most....unless it's a big milestone one like 25 or 50.

ArtMonkDrillz 05-15-2006 11:28 AM

My sister got married this weekend and I didn't get her a present, I should probably do that at some point.

On a better note though, I was one of the groom's men and when I was introduced at the reception, what song do you think was playing? HAIL TO THE REDSKINS of course!!!! Both families were singing and going nuts, it was beautiful!
My sister even told me to wear my Skins hat in, which I did proudly. THe best part was the fact that her friend I was walking in with is a Dallas fan but she just had to take it.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-15-2006 11:29 AM

You had introductions at a wedding? That's bad ass. Sounds like a WWE event.

ArtMonkDrillz 05-15-2006 11:38 AM

Damn right, I should have worn a big ass gold belt in, it would have been better than the stupid tux vest.

PS - AfterHours Formal Wear sucks Balls!!!! Don't use them (especially if the wedding happens to be the same weekend as prom)

TheMalcolmConnection 05-15-2006 11:53 AM

I'm gonna' buy my own thing for my wedding.

BDBohnzie 05-15-2006 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz]Damn right, I should have worn a big ass gold belt in, it would have been better than the stupid tux vest.[/QUOTE]
Is that your flip pie belt or your beer pong belt?

ArtMonkDrillz 05-15-2006 12:39 PM

[quote=BDBohnzie]Is that your flip pie belt or your beer pong belt?[/quote]

it's actually the same belt (but let's keep that on the DL)

Monkeydad 05-15-2006 02:06 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]You had introductions at a wedding? That's bad ass. Sounds like a WWE event.[/quote]

We had them at mine too...complete with that rock song they play at sporting events where everyone yells "Hey!" They turned out the lights and had a spotlight, like at an NBA game. :D

Sorry, I can't think of the name of that song but you'd all know it.

Ok, looked it up..."Rock and Roll Part Two" by Gary Glitter. I think...:cheeky-sm

TheMalcolmConnection 05-15-2006 02:08 PM

Yeah, that's it.

I want to come in like Dumb and Dumber at my buddie's wedding. Wear the orange tux and do the whole schpeil.

BDBohnzie 05-15-2006 02:49 PM

I had 2 buddies of mine all lined up to do just that...and they backed out. they then proceeded to walk into the ceremony as the music started to have the bride walk down the aisle. everyone stood up, and it was 2 knuckleheads. it was priceless...

At our introductions, all the groomsmen had sunglasses on and carried in a beer.

PSUSkinsFan21 05-16-2006 09:43 AM

My wife and I were introduced to the PSU fight song (we're both alums).....it was great.

And I did After Hours because I had 6 guys all around the east coast and wanted a national chain.......big mistake. The Tux's were nice, but the price was absurd. Over $130 each? Ridiculous.

dmek25 05-16-2006 10:41 AM

was at a wedding where the entire bridle party came in wearing oakland raider inflatable helmets(the big oversized ones)the raiders suck but it was still kind of cool.al davis was invited but sent a letter,which was also cool

ArtMonkDrillz 05-16-2006 02:22 PM

[quote=PSUSkinsFan21]And I did After Hours because I had 6 guys all around the east coast and wanted a national chain.......big mistake. The Tux's were nice, but the price was absurd. Over $130 each? Ridiculous.[/quote]

you got off lucky, I had to pay $160 for my friend's wedding in January and then again for my sister's this past weekend. Screw you people, I will not be in your weddings unless I can wear my Art Monk jersey and shorts (unless there's an open bar and hot/easy bride's maids.)

TheMalcolmConnection 05-16-2006 02:28 PM

I'm going to have an open bar next year at our's. The bride's maids will be easy yes, but you'd have to have 5-6 beers in you to want them. I think my fiancee hung out with some of these girls because it made her look even hotter.

dmek25 05-16-2006 02:36 PM

somehow women know how to choose their friends.always being the best looking one of the bunch

TheMalcolmConnection 05-16-2006 02:38 PM

But does that mean the bride's maids never get married if they're all ugly?

ArtMonkDrillz 05-16-2006 02:41 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]But does that mean the bride's maids never get married if they're all ugly?[/quote]

no, there are guys out there with an ugly fetish, I'm convinced. Haven't you ever seen some of the scags hanging off the arms of cowboys fans at FedEx?

TheMalcolmConnection 05-16-2006 02:53 PM

Grillz, there's a difference between having an ugly fetish and being stupid. ;)

BDBohnzie 05-16-2006 03:10 PM

I think my guys paid $85/each at Men's Warehouse...160 for a tux? Sucker...should have bought one at that price and rented the matching pieces (vest, etc).

BrudLee 05-16-2006 03:57 PM

Owning a tux is the best investment a man can make. You never know how often you [u]could[/u] wear a tux until you own one, and everyone looks good in it.

dmek25 05-16-2006 04:20 PM

a tux with q3 would be the ultimate

saden1 05-16-2006 04:48 PM

I say don't wast time, give me straight up cash...it's really thoughtful.

firstdown 05-16-2006 05:02 PM

[quote=BrudLee]Owning a tux is the best investment a man can make. You never know how often you [U]could[/U] wear a tux until you own one, and everyone looks good in it.[/quote]I purchased one for about $250 seven years ago and have worn it about 10 times well worth it. The only problem with wedding is that they want it to match so I still have to rent one now and then. The best part is all of my friends are married or just about all.