Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F...The PS3 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12489)

jbcjr14 05-16-2006 03:35 PM

F...The PS3

$600???? Are you outta your friggin minds? That is just sickening to think people will buy this machine.

Go with the xbox360 if you want gaming and boycott the Japanese.

TheMalcolmConnection 05-16-2006 03:36 PM

Re: F...The PS3

And support another evil empire. LOL

TheMalcolmConnection 05-16-2006 03:37 PM

You know that people will pay it too. I gotta' say, after seeing some videos from the PS3, it looks AMAZING.

mooby 05-16-2006 03:37 PM

lol pick your poison. I think i'm gonna wait until the price goes down, then try and get a ps3. I'm gonna wait until the price is at least 250, no matter how long it takes.

BigSKINBauer 05-16-2006 03:39 PM

forever?

I am not get any of them. Hopefully someone in my dorm will have one and I'll mooch of them.

That Guy 05-16-2006 03:48 PM

[url=]http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/05/16/1843222 Everyone Still Rumbling About PS3[/url] [Slashdot.org]

[URL="http://curmudgeongamer.com/2006/05/history-of-console-prices-or-500-aint.html"]Curmudgeon Gamer has created graphs showing inflation-adjusted console costs[/URL]

neo-geo and 3do cost a lot more in relative terms... of course, both failed miserably. looks like the release games are going to be a bit dinky since mosts devs haven't gotten kits yet (so they can't optimize the games for the cell processor, and consequently, they'll play crappier and look worse then they should).

firstdown 05-16-2006 03:55 PM

I still have pong and all four games are great.

MTK 05-16-2006 04:25 PM

It's interesting to see that the Xbox and Nintendo are almost teaming up, Microsoft is telling consumers to buy a Xbox and a Nintendo Wii for the same price of one PS3.

The new Wii controller is making a lot of heads turn, should be interesting to see how well it integrates with games.

That Guy 05-16-2006 05:16 PM

positional controllers have been around since 1987 or so for game consoles, but the tech's just never been good enough to overcome the burden before. Devs already understand the concepts of the Wii controller far better than things like the DS stylus or whatnot, so i think, even at launch, they'll already have games using it fairly well.

FRPLG 05-16-2006 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=mooby]lol pick your poison. I think i'm gonna wait until the price goes down, then try and get a ps3. I'm gonna wait until the price is at least 250, no matter how long it takes.[/QUOTE]
By the time it is 250 xBox will be about to come out with their newest xbox version for 3-400 bucks. Sony is screwing this one up. They are going to sell these pretty good I think but they are potentially sacrificing their long term fan base by missing the price point. People dont want to spend 600 bucks only to have to replace it in 3 years.

ArtMonkDrillz 05-16-2006 08:33 PM

I'd love to get one when it comes out, but I also need to drive; can't afford to do both. Driving in real life wins out over driving in a video game.

hooskins 05-16-2006 09:03 PM

F the XBox 360 and anyone who tries to F around with PS in general. Microsoft aint got nothing in consel gaming. Seriously beside a FEW good Xbox only games, the only reason to ever get that POS is for Halo. The only game that gives Xbox some credibility. Otherwise the majority of the same games can be found on the PS systems, and PS3 as well. Sony has deals with many exculsive series, and they pretty much dominate Xbox is all fields(maybe not shooter-halo), and esp RPG, Xbox has nothing whatsoever . Plus Sony isnt retarded like Xbox; in such a rush for an early start, Bill Gates and Comp, released a system with many gliches, and problems, just to try to get a jump on competition. Werent PS2 and XBox like 300-400 when they first came out? Whatever if Sony can sell their product that high, let them, that just means the system is gonna be amazing. Eventually prices will fall down, and PS3 will be a good buy.

hooskins 05-16-2006 09:05 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]I'd love to get one when it comes out, but I also need to drive; can't afford to do both. Driving in real life wins out over driving in a video game.[/quote]

A word of wisdom, never ever buy the system when it first comes out, wait for a couple weeks or months, and see if there are glitches. If not then good, but alot of times the first version of the system may have problems. And usually the first games that are released on the date of the system release are not really that good. You must have patience and wait.

skinsfanthru&thru 05-16-2006 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=hooskins]F the XBox 360 and anyone who tries to F around with PS in general. Microsoft aint got nothing in consel gaming. Seriously beside a FEW good Xbox only games, the only reason to ever get that POS is for Halo. The only game that gives Xbox some credibility. Otherwise the majority of the same games can be found on the PS systems, and PS3 as well. Sony has deals with many exculsive series, and they pretty much dominate Xbox is all fields(maybe not shooter-halo), and esp RPG, Xbox has nothing whatsoever . Plus Sony isnt retarded like Xbox; in such a rush for an early start, Bill Gates and Comp, released a system with many gliches, and problems, just to try to get a jump on competition. Werent PS2 and XBox like 300-400 when they first came out? Whatever if Sony can sell their product that high, let them, that just means the system is gonna be amazing. Eventually prices will fall down, and PS3 will be a good buy.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but when a company is putting out a system before the developers are comfortable putting out anything for it like sony is doing, I would call that a bit retarded. The defective 360's were also blown out of whack as so far they've had less than 3% of their launch systems be defective. and higher price does not equal higher quality. I think the PS3 will probably be the best system in about 2 years but that will not happen until the devopers fully know how to use the cell processor and it's thread structure to fully use the systems power. Until then some developers will more than likely cut some corners and simpilify the programs of their games to meet their deadlines. I'll be happy with my Wii and 360 and will get a PS3 in about 2 years when they have a bunch of games out and the price is significantly lower than what equates to 2 car payments for me for just the system alone.

That Guy 05-16-2006 11:16 PM

xbox has a lot of good exclusive titles, they have xbox live (which is the whole point of getting one since its WAY better than what sony or nintendo have).

as far as rpgs, i believe FF online is coming to xbox, and oblivion is supposed to work on it too.