Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   An A+ to.....(insert name) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12536)

SmootSmack 05-24-2006 09:49 PM

Re: An A+ to.....(insert name)

[QUOTE=Schneed10]Other A+ guys:

Albert Pujols - will one day rescue baseball from steroids, as he'll blow by Hank Aaron without the help of steroids.[/QUOTE]

Just to play devil's advocate. How do you know he's not on roids?

Gmanc711 05-24-2006 10:16 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Just to play devil's advocate. How do you know he's not on roids?[/QUOTE]

This is the problem with baseball right now, and the technology of the drugs in general. I'll start by saying i'm a big (not like redskins level) but a solid St. Louis Cardinals fan, and Pujols is my favorite player to watch. He has gone on record as saying "Baseball can test me every single day if they want too". Now I belive Pujols when he makes that statement and I do think he is doing this naturally. But with the technology that we have today in medication, its very possible that someone has come up with a performance enhancing drug that is undetectable right now. As much as people think we are going to "get out" of the steroids era, I really dont think we can. Theres just too much technology and as long as someone can come up with an undetectable drug there will be people to take it. Again, thats not at Pujols, as I think he's clean. But as for the sport in general, I think its going to take more than what they have already established to rid the sport of steroids.

That Guy 05-24-2006 10:36 PM

pujols came up in the minors where testing was much more strict as well... and he never ballooned like bonds did from one year to the next.

Schneed10 05-24-2006 11:02 PM

[quote=TAFKAS]Just to play devil's advocate. How do you know he's not on roids?[/quote]

Because I have absolutely positively no reason to believe that he is. I guess nobody knows for sure, in the truest sense of the word. But I'm all about innocent until I hear something that convinces me otherwise.

SmootSmack 05-24-2006 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10]Because I have absolutely positively no reason to believe that he is. I guess nobody knows for sure, in the truest sense of the word. But I'm all about innocent until I hear something that convinces me otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify. I don't believe he is. I was just getting at how it's so hard to know who to trust these days in the sport. Never did I think Palmeiro was using and then that he would blame it on a teammate.

Schneed10 05-25-2006 08:28 AM

[quote=TAFKAS]Just to clarify. I don't believe he is. I was just getting at how it's so hard to know who to trust these days in the sport. Never did I think Palmeiro was using and then that he would blame it on a teammate.[/quote]

You're right, it can be hard to trust players. But I refuse to let some bad apples spoil the whole bunch for me. If we start suspecting guys like Albert Pujols, who has not shown a shred of evidence regarding steroids, then we're pretty much losing faith in baseball altogether. To me it's still a great game with a lot of great, stand-up guys playing it.

I'm not saying steroids isn't a major problem in baseball. But just because other HR kings have taken them, I'm not going to burden Albert Pujols with their suspicion. It's not fair to him.

If you're a baseball star, the media is going to investigate you. So if Albert Pujols is on 'roids, I have no doubt that one day it will be discovered. The guys from the SF Chronicle did some amazing digging to out Barry Bonds. McGwire was hounded until he all but admitted to a reporter that he knowingly took something more than just Andro. Raffy was even discovered. And the media will leave no stone unturned in checking on guys like Pujols and ARod. If those guys are on 'roids, we'll find out one day. There's no way a superstar can get away with it these days, not with all the media attention and investigation. So until I hear some evidence, I'm assuming Pujols is clean.

SmootSmack 05-25-2006 06:50 PM

Good Pujols related article

[url]http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/sports/baseball/14646725.htm[/url]

BDBohnzie 05-26-2006 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz]I think that picture just gave the old guy in my office a heart attack, but at least he had a smile on his face.

[IMG]http://www.mhlff.com/files/Cheerleader___04___Redskins___Christy2.jpg[/IMG]

Who's jersey is that? Springs? (I just wanted to post it again)[/QUOTE]
your Friday - look at this hot ass chick bump

ArtMonkDrillz 05-26-2006 01:57 PM

[quote=BDBohnzie]your Friday - look at this hot ass chick bump[/quote]

So Bohnzie, I was just randomly thinking (I've had way too much soda today) that I kind of blew it with my screen name here at the warpath. Although I love ArtMonkDrillz because it brings back fond memories of when I was a kid and went to A.M. Football camp twice, where we had to do the 'Art Monk Drill' 1,000 times a day, I should have went with something even more personal. Seeing as how my last name is Cannon and all I think i should have been [B]'SkinCannon' [/B]because, to me, it's funny on so many levels. Well, actually I guess it's just funny on one level, but still. I don't just a thought b/c i'm really bored and I just want to go home and start the holiday weekend by downing some beers.

BDBohnzie 05-26-2006 05:35 PM

tell Mattyk72 that you want to change your screenname to SkinCannon...he'll do it and then you'll be known for playing with the cack...

number21isabadman 05-26-2006 06:24 PM

hey artmonk i think skincannon fits you and your super small latex condoms just fine

ArtMonkDrillz 05-27-2006 12:45 PM

[quote=number21isabadman]hey artmonk i think skincannon fits you and your super small latex condoms just fine[/quote]

yo momma seems to like it just fine! BURN!

LINEBACKER 05-30-2006 04:42 PM

Sorry to get back to the subject, :) but Reggie White is in a league of his own when it comes to off the field greatness. Well he's in a league of his own on the field too. There are many great guys in sports but none can compare to Reggie White. My family still has not bought a SINGLE Cambell's soup can since they kicked Reggie out of sponsorship for his beliefs.

Monksdown 05-31-2006 09:44 AM

Not to run it into the ground. But Pat Tillman gave alot even before his death to help out a team that all of us are part of, The Goddamn USA!

ArtMonkDrillz 05-31-2006 10:24 AM

[quote=Monksdown]Not to run it into the ground. But Pat Tillman gave alot even before his death to help out a team that all of us are part of, The Goddamn USA![/quote]

On that note, an A+ to any player who believes in loyalty even half as much as Tillman. The man seemed to respect the Cardinal's organization, which couldn't have been that easy, because they gave him is first chance, and he must have loved their fans. It obviously wasn't all about he money for that man, you have to respect that.