Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Playbook (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thread Hijacking (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12776)

Schneed10 06-19-2006 01:30 PM

Thread Hijacking

Does anyone besides me feel that thread hijacking around these parts is starting to get out of control?

My personal feeling is when a parking lot thread gets hijacked it usually makes the thread funnier and I'm all for it. But if a [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12770"]Locker Room[/URL] thread get's hijacked, it's just a nuisance.

This is in no way directed at the mods, I think it's on the forum members to keep it organized up in here. Sorry to be a bitch, just my :twocents: .

12thMan 06-19-2006 01:32 PM

Re: Thread Hijacking

You're right, but you have to admit the hijacking does add more fun to it!

Schneed10 06-19-2006 01:37 PM

[quote=12thMan]You're right, but you have to admit the hijacking does add more fun to it![/quote]

I think it's hilarious when done in the right forum. But my addiction to Redskins news comes #1, so when I'm reading a locker room thread and someone changes the subject, it's like a smack addict going through withdrawal.

12thMan 06-19-2006 01:44 PM

[quote=Schneed10]I think it's hilarious when done in the right forum. But my addiction to Redskins news comes #1, so when I'm reading a locker room thread and someone changes the subject, it's like a smack addict going through withdrawal.[/quote]

Yeah, I think in the locker room it's not all that cool. I think we're just so comfortable with each other and that sorta contributes to the banter on the side.

MTK 06-19-2006 01:48 PM

Man is it hot out today or what. We've got some nasty thunderstorms on the way up here in NY.

12thMan 06-19-2006 01:49 PM

[quote=Mattyk72]Man is it hot out today or what. We've got some nasty thunderstorms on the way up here in NY.[/quote]

hahahaha...you dog!

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2006 01:55 PM

[quote=Mattyk72]Man is it hot out today or what. We've got some nasty thunderstorms on the way up here in NY.[/quote]

Damn it, you stole my idea. I guess that's why you are a Mod and I'm just one of the people this thread is directed at.

MTK 06-19-2006 02:12 PM

I had Quiznos for lunch, how about you guys?

dmek25 06-19-2006 02:43 PM

hey amd, what kind of pie do you like?

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2006 02:50 PM

[quote=dmek25]hey amd, what kind of pie do you like?[/quote]

I don't think I like where this line of questioning could be headed, but I suppose apple is my favorite of all the pies.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2006 02:52 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]I don't think I like where this line of questioning could be headed, but I suppose apple is my favorite of all the pies.[/quote]

That was my 700th post, and it was supposed to be dedicated to BDBohnzie for all those cold nights on the Eastern Shore;) . I remember them, don't act like you forget!

TheMalcolmConnection 06-19-2006 03:25 PM

I saw this thread and I was like, "Uh oh. This is directly specifically at me."

Speaking of which, boobs rock.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2006 03:26 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]I saw this thread and I was like, "Uh oh. This is directly specifically at me."

Speaking of which, boobs rock.[/quote]

I was beginning to think you were on vacation.

gibbsisgod 06-19-2006 03:29 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]I saw this thread and I was like, "Uh oh. This is directly specifically at me."

Speaking of which, boobs rock.[/quote]You and me both.

and yes, boobs do rock!

TheMalcolmConnection 06-19-2006 03:29 PM

I know. I've just been busy as hell today. Today I've had to image an entire lab (I only have to do it once a year) and haven't had a moments time to catch up on anything.

TheMalcolmConnection 06-19-2006 03:30 PM

I also think I've found a nickname for gibbsisgod as well. GIGgity.

gibbsisgod 06-19-2006 03:32 PM

looks like we are in the same boat today malcolm. i had a funeral to go to this morning and showed up to work about 2 1/2 hours late and just haven't been able to waste as much time as i would like!

dam priorities

BrudLee 06-19-2006 03:52 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25]hey amd, what kind of pie do you like?[/QUOTE]
What a loving tribute. Thank you.

That Guy 06-19-2006 04:22 PM

ramsey sucks. we got gyped on the portis deal. arrington should be coaching our defense and gibbs should be fired so spurrier can finally show us why he's HoF bound.

BigSKINBauer 06-19-2006 05:18 PM

Speaking of which, boobs rock.[/quote]I was hoping the thread that was linked wasn't one that I messed up. I am probably guilty of doing this sometimes so lets all try and keep in down a bit. It just is in the progression of most threads to crack a joke or something but I think if we can try we can stop so many threads from going off topic.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2006 06:51 PM

I just got side tracked too, but not by anything important, just an oild change and another random trip to Best Buy. Of course, I couldn't tell people that I was leaving before because that would have broken Man Law.

Schneed10 06-19-2006 10:49 PM

Speaking of which, boobs rock.[/quote]

Yeah, by no means did I want to direct this at anyone in particular because we're all guilty of hijacking threads from time to time, I've done it before too. So AMD, 12th Man, and anyone else on the Clayton thread, sorry if it seemed like I was singling you out.

It's the offseason and there's not much to talk about, so I can't blame anyone for changing the subject and clowning around. But since we just had minicamp I figured the Locker Room would get back to some real Skins discussion for a few days. This board is real orderly which is nice, because the Skins discussion is kept in the locker room, and the funny shit goes in the Parking Lot. I think it'd be cool if we kept it that way, because if the line starts to blur between the two forums, this place will start to resemble Extreme.

No biggy. And I'm glad to see you guys brought the sense of humor up in here.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-19-2006 11:13 PM

Schneed, I understand that it can be annoying when the more serious threads get hijacked, but I kind of feel like the particular thread you were talking about really wasn't going anywhere to begin with. Clayton thinks we'll be good, Salisbury finally agrees, after that there's really not much more to say except to bitch about Salisbury or whatever.

That being said, in the future I will do my best to keep my A.D.D. under control when discussing training camp/injuries/astounishing victories over all opponents/and eventually, our fourth Super Bowl Championship come Feb.

JoeRedskin 06-20-2006 05:16 AM

I just thought I'd mention the Simpsons, Hitler and small furry animals.

Also, boobs do rock.

dmek25 06-20-2006 06:33 AM

hey brud, the pleasure was all mine:)

BigSKINBauer 06-20-2006 06:55 AM

dmek, 2000 is coming.

remember 1500

[quote=you]
i used my 1500 on the bsb and it was almost an out of body experience[/quote]

TheMalcolmConnection 06-20-2006 08:31 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BSB that quote is hilarious.

dmek25 06-20-2006 09:10 AM

dont worry buddy. ive got you on my mind.( that sounded kind of gay, didnt it?)

12thMan 06-20-2006 09:15 AM

[quote=dmek25]dont worry buddy. ive got you on my mind.( that sounded kind of gay, didnt it?)[/quote]

It really did!

ArtMonkDrillz 06-20-2006 09:20 AM

[quote=dmek25]dont worry buddy. ive got you on my mind.( that sounded kind of gay, didnt it?)[/quote]

Do you wear a locket with BSB's picture in it?

gibbsisgod 06-20-2006 09:22 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin]I just thought I'd mention the Simpsons, Hitler and small furry animals.

Also, boobs do rock.[/quote]SEE! I told ya! Boobs are awesome!

dmek25 06-20-2006 09:23 AM

the bsb is above any mortal locket. now, about that picture on the nightstand......

12thMan 06-20-2006 09:24 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]Do you wear a locket with BSB's picture in it?[/quote]

Should we move this discussion to the I love the Parking Lot (emotional) thread....or rename it "BrokeBack" thread....(good movie by the way)

dmek25 06-20-2006 09:26 AM

12th, i think you are the first man i know that has seen brokeback. makes me wonder ( just kidding, i know some people around here are alittle uptight)

12thMan 06-20-2006 09:27 AM

[quote=dmek25]12th, i think you are the first man i know that has seen brokeback. makes me wonder ( just kidding, i know some people around here are alittle uptight)[/quote]

What made you think I was a man?

gibbsisgod 06-20-2006 09:28 AM

....not that there is anything wrong with that.

Monkeydad 06-20-2006 10:11 AM

BACK ON TOPIC...

Yeah, I do to through the locker room for news and I like it better when it stays on topic.

From the example you posted, the "did he mention anything about traveling naked? we seem to bring that out of him." line really screwed it up. Downhill from there.

So...if someone wants to post their fantasies about Sean Salisbury or something like that...please do it in the Parking Lot.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-20-2006 10:14 AM

[quote=Buster]BACK ON TOPIC...

Yeah, I do to through the locker room for news and I like it better when it stays on topic.

From the example you posted, the "did he mention anything about traveling naked? we seem to bring that out of him." line really screwed it up. Downhill from there.

So...if someone wants to post their fantasies about Sean Salisbury or something like that...please do it in the Parking Lot.[/quote]

The traveling naked thing was actually from a quote that Salisbury made in regards to the Skins last year on ESPN, so that actually was sort of on topic in terms of him finally changing his opinion.

amorentz 06-20-2006 10:42 AM

[quote=Mattyk72]I had Quiznos for lunch, how about you guys?[/quote]

I ate Potbelly...which is WAY better than Quiznos. Potbelly is like Mark Brunell and Quiznos is like Pat Ramsey. And as we all know, Brunell should start over Ramsey.

Monkeydad 06-20-2006 10:42 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]The traveling naked thing was actually from a quote that Salisbury made in regards to the Skins last year on ESPN, so that actually was sort of on topic in terms of him finally changing his opinion.[/quote]

Wow. I don't listen to Salisbury very much, I didn't know that.

Thanks for clearing that up...but I still agree about keeping the news-related threads on-topic.