Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Meetup (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Falls NYC (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12835)

Giantkiller 06-24-2006 06:56 PM

The Falls NYC

Looks like our bar is gone. It should be but it still sucks because that was a great place to watch the games. Any suggestions??? I can't go though the entire season watching the Skins play on a little tv with no sound in the back corner of a bar....

JWsleep 06-24-2006 09:17 PM

Re: The Falls NYC

That is so harsh. I watched maybe half the games there and it was far and away the best skins in NY experience I've had in the 20 or so years I've been here. Guess that murder case got them. Can't say I'm surprised. (Btw, where did you find this out?)

We ought to see if we can get all the many NYC skins fans together and approach a bar owner with the following proposition: if you make your bar a dedicated skins site, we'll fill it every weekend. We packed the falls, and they must have made tons of money they wouldn't have on a Sunday afternoon. There must be some wise bar owner open to this idea--and you'd think there'd be at least one who's already a skins fan.

wilsowilso 06-25-2006 09:57 AM

Awful Story! For those who don't live in NYC "The Falls" was a great bar that was jam packed with Redskin fans every Sunday of last year but it just got closed down after a bouncer there murdered some poor college girl who got drunk there by herself one night several months ago. Turns out this bouncer probably killed several other people in the last few years and he had a record which made it illegal for him to work there. F#####d up!

Summo 06-25-2006 10:03 AM

You guy's ever hear od Direct TV? What you spend on Beer and shit at a bar in one week will cover the cost of the NFL Sunday Ticket subscription.

Giantkiller 06-25-2006 09:50 PM

No DTV in nyc.

Giantkiller 06-25-2006 10:01 PM

[quote=JWsleep]That is so harsh. I watched maybe half the games there and it was far and away the best skins in NY experience I've had in the 20 or so years I've been here. Guess that murder case got them. Can't say I'm surprised. (Btw, where did you find this out?)

We ought to see if we can get all the many NYC skins fans together and approach a bar owner with the following proposition: if you make your bar a dedicated skins site, we'll fill it every weekend. We packed the falls, and they must have made tons of money they wouldn't have on a Sunday afternoon. There must be some wise bar owner open to this idea--and you'd think there'd be at least one who's already a skins fan.[/quote]

I walked by The Falls and it was shut down. The website is down too. We need to find a bar that has sunday ticket with a good set up that doesn't get a big turn out on sundays. They would be more likely to convert their bar to a Redskins bar. I'm thinking that somewhere in midtown would be good. Midtown bars are typically empty on the weekends and it would be easy for skins fans to get there from all locations.

How did word spread about The Falls?

GoSkins! 06-26-2006 06:07 AM

maybe you should track down the bar owner. He may be planning on openning another bar close by but with a different name for a fresh start.

Summo 06-29-2006 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=Giantkiller]No DTV in nyc.[/QUOTE]

Why's that? Because of the apartment buildings?

Giantkiller 06-29-2006 07:16 PM

Time Warner doesn't offer it Sunday Ticket.

Summo 06-30-2006 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=Giantkiller]Time Warner doesn't offer it Sunday Ticket.[/QUOTE]

I understand that. Direct TV has exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday ticket. My question was can you have a dish in the city with DTV service?

nyc hog 06-30-2006 08:07 PM

I noticed this post and thought I would pass along some great news. [B]Redskins fans have a new home in NYC.[/B] The manager of Dorrians said that they would offer the same deals that The Falls had last year.
It's on 83rd and 2nd on the UES. Here's the website. [url]http://www.dorrians.com/[/url]
How did you all find out about The Falls? I found out about it through meetup.com. We need to get the word out there. There was nothing better than being in a bar packed with Skins fans in the middle of NYC!

Giantkiller 07-01-2006 12:28 PM

unless you live in a high rise building a dish might not work that well.... Dorians would be a great place to watch the skins games. They have a huge screen.

nyc hog 07-14-2006 08:04 PM

This is Nice!
[URL="http://www.dorrians.com/nyc/"]http://www.dorrians.com/nyc/[/URL]

Skins&PsuFAN4LIFE 08-29-2006 11:12 AM

Damnit..I'm brand new to NYC and I heard so much about this place called The Falls and how it was the best Redskins experience NYC had to offer. My brother and I are die hard Skins fans and need a place to watch games. Does anyone know of another place that is good to watch games. Pretty much I want to know where are the Redskins fans who live in the city going to watch the skins play in 2 weeks. Let me know. We need to find a new place.

illdefined 08-29-2006 11:31 AM

welcome to the board and welcome to NYC. yeah The Falls was insane (8 screens, all on the skins games, i saw Didier jerseys), but if you read up on how it closed, it just got more surreal.

so check this out:

i went all the way up town to see Dorrians for the Pats preseason game, (in spite its own infamy), because on their site they said they'd show it.

well, after making the trip, it was empty. i asked the bartender and they said last minute they couldnt get the feed. i was pretty disappointed, as i rushed all the way up. i left, crossed the street, and Dorrian's webmaster (he was at the bar too) ran me down and GAVE ME $20 FOR THE TAXI RIDE HOME!

whatever you read about them, they are true fans over there.