Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Big Ben (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/12853-big-ben.html)

Hail2theskins 06-27-2006 12:49 AM

Big Ben

dont know if anyone else caught this yet or if it has been posted, but since ben is alive and well i thought this was kinda comical... this is what espn.com had to say in the preseason rankings about the steelers for 2005: [IMG]http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/pit.gif[/IMG] 5 (1) [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit"]Steelers[/URL] 15-1-0 We're not trying to preach, but riding a motorcycle without a helmet (as Ben Roethlisberger has said he'll continue to do) is about as smart as playing football without a helmet.

That Guy 06-27-2006 01:37 AM

Re: Big Ben

actually, playing football without a helmet is probably much safer (depending on bike speed). but yeah, if i were a pittsburg fan, i'd be a little miffed my stud QB was being turd-brained.

Monkeydad 06-27-2006 12:33 PM

That's hilarious!

steveo395 06-27-2006 12:57 PM

[quote=That Guy]actually, playing football without a helmet is probably much safer (depending on bike speed). but yeah, if i were a pittsburg fan, i'd be a little miffed my stud QB was being turd-brained.[/quote]
yea until u get hit in the head for the tenth time in one game

RedskinRat 06-27-2006 01:09 PM

[I]Kink[/I] and [I]touch[/I] in the same post.

Paging Mr. Freud...........

I'm still more pissed off with the idiot that caused the accident.

Monkeydad 06-27-2006 03:18 PM

[quote=That Guy]actually, playing football without a helmet is probably much safer (depending on bike speed). but yeah, if i were a pittsburg fan, i'd be a little miffed my stud QB was being turd-brained.[/quote]

To test your theory, let's put you on the 50 yard-line without a helmet with Sean Taylor on one side of you and Marcus Washington on the other and let them sandwich you.

Terrell Owens doesn't even stand a chance in that situation... :)

gibbsisgod 06-27-2006 03:19 PM

[quote=RedskinRat][I]Kink[/I] and [I]touch[/I] in the same post.

Paging Mr. Freud...........

I'm still more pissed off with the idiot that caused the accident.[/quote]i heard on the radio that she was getting death threats

Monkeydad 06-27-2006 03:33 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]i heard on the radio that she was getting death threats[/quote]

She should feel very fortunate that she doesn't live in Philly and hit an Eagle.

The people that boo Santa and McNabb would make her life a living hell.

Accidents DO happen, especially with old people. Ben's alive despite his stupidity of not wearing a helmet (or having a license), so people need to just leave her alone and be thankful it wasn't worse.

Some people can be real jerks.

gibbsisgod 06-27-2006 03:42 PM

[quote=Buster]She should feel very fortunate that she doesn't live in Philly and hit an Eagle.

The people that boo Santa and McNabb would make her life a living hell.

Accidents DO happen, especially with old people. Ben's alive despite his stupidity of not wearing a helmet (or having a license), so people need to just leave her alone and be thankful it wasn't worse.

Some people can be real jerks.[/quote]i remember when the story broke and some member here was working in b-more and said when some ravens fans that he worked with found out , they started cheering. thats pathetic

Monkeydad 06-27-2006 03:46 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]i remember when the story broke and some member here was working in b-more and said when some ravens fans that he worked with found out , they started cheering. thats pathetic[/quote]

Cleveland fans I encountered were worse than that, even after being reminded of Kellen Winslow Jr.

gibbsisgod 06-27-2006 03:47 PM

some people think footbal is the only thing that matters.

Monkeydad 06-27-2006 03:50 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]some people think footbal is the only thing that matters.[/quote]

Yeah, some people refer to the coach of their favorite football team as "God".

:point:

gibbsisgod 06-27-2006 03:51 PM

[quote=Buster]Yeah, some people refer to the coach of their favorite football team as "God".

:point:[/quote]guilty:cheeky-sm

RedskinRat 06-28-2006 11:19 AM

[quote=gibbsisgod]i heard on the radio that she was getting death threats[/quote]

That's a typical overzealous fan reaction. I'd want her retested to prove she's competent to drive. Then I'd stone her.