Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/)
-   -   Sean Taylor Jersey (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/12871-sean-taylor-jersey.html)

SkinsLove24/7 06-28-2006 09:29 PM

Sean Taylor Jersey

I'm not sure if this has come up before but I have been trying to find a Sean Taylor jersey from when he was a Miami Hurricane wearing #26. I'm not sure if they are available but if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

TheInspector 06-29-2006 08:58 AM

Re: Sean Taylor Jersey

I was looking too, and this was all I found. Too bad it's $3K!!!

[URL="http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=0857229147710597109105722025320062906&store_id=226&dept_id=5245&product_id=81292"]http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=0857229147710597109105722025320062906&store_id=226&dept_id=5245&product_id=81292[/URL]

Good luck!

P.S.> How are things in Bowie? That's where I was born...it's been a long time.

SkinsLove24/7 06-29-2006 08:56 PM

Yea thats about 3000 dollars out of my price range but im gonna keep looking....Ahhh a fellow bowie-ite. Bowie is growing ridiculously fast and it getting a reputation as a crime ridden place and while areas by the Bowie Town Center are kinda rough the old town is still nice.

SKINSnCANES 06-29-2006 09:35 PM

It took me over a year to find that jersey after we drafted him, and that was two years ago...good luck with finding it. i almost order extra when I found it. Im glad I did though, I love it!

hooskins 06-29-2006 09:45 PM

[quote=SkinsLove24/7]Yea thats about 3000 dollars out of my price range but im gonna keep looking....Ahhh a fellow bowie-ite. Bowie is growing ridiculously fast and it getting a reputation as a crime ridden place and while areas by the Bowie Town Center are kinda rough the old town is still nice.[/quote]

my cousin lives in bowie, right off the 50 exit, by the school where the sniper shot the kid....but anyways...there are ways you can make a miami jersey with 26.....i honestly think that would be the most cost effective way

SkinsLove24/7 06-29-2006 10:17 PM

yea I was looking to see if you can get custom jerseys and just get #26 and but "Taylor" on the name slot.

SKINSnCANES 06-29-2006 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=SkinsLove24/7]yea I was looking to see if you can get custom jerseys and just get #26 and but "Taylor" on the name slot.[/QUOTE]

FYI, the reason you cannot, or atleast why I would not, take that approach is becuase the jersey is different now then it was two years ago. Miami changes its jerseys a lot. Perhaps becuase they have so many players going ot the NFL that instaed of retiring jerseys they just get a differetn design so that player will be the only one with that number and design, lol.

So you would have to buy a blank jersey from a few years ago, have teh numbers screen printed on as well as the name.

Another bit of informatoin, miami doesnt put the names on the jerseys, just the number. I ordered my Taylor Miami jersey to have his name added to it, even though it wasnt that way anyways. I basically did it for everyone that wouldnt know it was him.

SkinsLove24/7 06-29-2006 11:47 PM

So where did you order the blank jersey from? b/c that sounds like a good idea and how much did it cost you?? This is going to turn into my summer project that I WILL have accomplished.

TheInspector 06-30-2006 09:24 AM

[quote=SkinsLove24/7]Ahhh a fellow bowie-ite. Bowie is growing ridiculously fast and it getting a reputation as a crime ridden place and while areas by the Bowie Town Center are kinda rough the old town is still nice.[/quote]

That is kinda sad. I was only a little kid when I lived there, but it seemed like a nice enough place. My family moved to Potomac, and then Howard County, before I moved to...Dallas...[puke]. But at least I had some fellow Redskin fans there to root with when we won the SB in '91. It was so awesome to rub it in everyone's face for an entire year.

SKINSnCANES 07-03-2006 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=SkinsLove24/7]So where did you order the blank jersey from? b/c that sounds like a good idea and how much did it cost you?? This is going to turn into my summer project that I WILL have accomplished.[/QUOTE]

I ordered my jersey off of ebay, and it already had the name put on the back.

VABCHSKINSFAN 07-12-2006 09:05 PM

I lived near Bowie years ago and I don't remeber alot of crime. But then again a good chunk of it is in PG

Monkeydad 07-13-2006 11:41 AM

There's a TON of Shockey Miami jerseys on eBay...I didn't see a Taylor one though.

They have a Bernie Kosar one on there...I liked that one.

305cane4life 08-13-2008 01:29 AM

hey cuz you are going to love me! you gotta move quick. They got a Hurricane #26 Sean Taylor jersey brand new with everything stitched on for $65 bux on ebay. hit it up. i bought 2 of em! THE GUY HAS 6 LEFT SO YOU NEED TO MOVE! just pull the spaces outta tha link. havent gotten 10 posts yet so it wouldnt let me put it in!

h t t p : / / c g i . e b a y . c o m / w s / e B a y I S A P I . d l l ? V i e w I t e m & i t e m = 1 3 0 2 4 4 2 8 9 0 9 8

SKINSnCANES 08-13-2008 09:03 AM

[quote=SKINSnCANES;192162]FYI, the reason you cannot, or atleast why I would not, take that approach is becuase the jersey is different now then it was two years ago. Miami changes its jerseys a lot. Perhaps becuase they have so many players going ot the NFL that instaed of retiring jerseys they just get a differetn design so that player will be the only one with that number and design, lol.

So you would have to buy a blank jersey from a few years ago, have teh numbers screen printed on as well as the name.

Another bit of informatoin, miami doesnt put the names on the jerseys, just the number. I ordered my Taylor Miami jersey to have his name added to it, even though it wasnt that way anyways. I basically did it for everyone that wouldnt know it was him.[/quote]

I was going to say most of what he did already....

Miami has a contract with Nike to be a kinda test market for new jersey designs... so anytime Nike comes up with a new design, we get a new uniform.

I got a Miami jersey from the year he played and had taylor silk screened onto the back for the same reason. I had a really hard time finding that jersey his rookie year. Because they change their jerseys so often they essentially stopped makign that jersey several years ago.

SKINSnCANES 08-13-2008 09:26 AM

[quote=SKINSnCANES;464001]I was going to say most of what he did already....

Miami has a contract with Nike to be a kinda test market for new jersey designs... so anytime Nike comes up with a new design, we get a new uniform.

I got a Miami jersey from the year he played and had taylor silk screened onto the back for the same reason. I had a really hard time finding that jersey his rookie year. Because they change their jerseys so often they essentially stopped makign that jersey several years ago.[/quote]

man Im an idiot. I didnt realize this was an old post with new spam...nor did I realzie that I quoted myself...