Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Autograph Signing (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12956)

billyharless 07-06-2006 04:32 PM

Autograph Signing

Has anyone ever gone to an autograph signing. I found this one in Chantilly this weekend.

[URL="http://www.csashows.com/"]http://www.csashows.com/[/URL]

Sonny Jurgenson and Billy Kilmer will be there on Saturday.

I have a 1969 SI with Sonny and Vince Lomardi on the cover I would love to have Sonny autograph it. I guess he charges $65 for a small flat item.

gibbsisgod 07-06-2006 04:57 PM

Re: Autograph Signing

[quote=billyharless]Has anyone ever gone to an autograph signing. I found this one in Chantilly this weekend.

[URL="http://www.csashows.com/"]http://www.csashows.com/[/URL]

Sonny Jurgenson and Billy Kilmer will be there on Saturday.

I have a 1969 SI with Sonny and Vince Lomardi on the cover I would love to have Sonny autograph it. I guess he charges $65 for a small flat item.[/quote]$65 for his fucking signature? To hell with that.

BigSKINBauer 07-06-2006 08:17 PM

its really easy to get autographs of a current player. There are so many opportunities. I have multiples of many players and have most of the starting line up from last year. I am missing griffin, marshall, wynn, springs, taylor, patten, and jansen. I think i have everyone else. Coaches are a bitch to get the way i do it. Its just fun to see the guys before and after a game.

Heads up to anyone that wants to go. At thomas wooton high school in montgomery county there is going to be portis, moss, rogers, taylor, dock, and thomas all doing a football camp monday to i think thursday next week. I am not going because I don't even know if we could see the players but maybe some of you can get autographs when they pull in. There will be chad johnson, larry johnson, shawne merriman, deangelo hall, takeo spikes, and others from throughout the league.

Hog1 07-07-2006 05:05 AM

$65 seems pretty rough. Sonny is a good guy if you can catch him. I got his autograph a couple of years ago for free. He's cool

BigSKINBauer 07-07-2006 05:45 AM

I would never pay that much for an autograph. I have only paid for moss's and portis's autographs. They weren't expensive. I got them both for $20 and it came with 5 other big name players too.

If anyone is interested in the thing I talked about above here is the website for it. [url]http://www.propowerfootball.com/nfl_players.shtml[/url] That is a link to all the players but you can click home and see the front page.

billyharless 07-07-2006 05:59 AM

$65 is a little higher than the others. For example, Billy Kilmer only charges $30 but Sonny is a HOF quarterback.

dmek25 07-07-2006 06:20 AM

i wouldnt pay it. but then i would prefer a picture with the 2 of us in it

BigSKINBauer 07-07-2006 07:14 AM

i'm liking the sig GIG.

gibbsisgod 07-07-2006 07:30 AM

[quote=BigSKINBauer]i'm liking the sig GIG.[/quote]It stays up till i get my smilies for 1500 or till i get to post 2000. whichever comes first.

BigSKINBauer 07-07-2006 07:39 AM

[quote=gibbsisgod]It stays up till i get my smilies for 1500 or till i get to post 2000. whichever comes first.[/quote]i think that is incentive NOT to give you your smilies.

I don't know if i formally congratulated you on 1500. I have been quite busy lately. So CONGRATUALTIONS

gibbsisgod 07-07-2006 07:47 AM

[quote=BigSKINBauer]i think that is incentive NOT to give you your smilies.

I don't know if i formally congratulated you on 1500. I have been quite busy lately. So CONGRATUALTIONS[/quote]you keep weird hours like me, but i want my smilies damn it!

i really miss football :(

BigSKINBauer 07-07-2006 07:53 AM

i watched pirates last night at the midnight showing. For some reason the movie didn't start till a bit later and some how i didn't get home till 3:30. I have been up ever since. So yeah, i do keep a wierd ass schedule. Pirates was good fun for anyone wondering. If you watch the movie for what it is you'll have a blast. The story is a bit diluted.

gibbsisgod 07-07-2006 07:58 AM

[quote=BigSKINBauer]i watched pirates last night at the midnight showing. For some reason the movie didn't start till a bit later and some how i didn't get home till 3:30. I have been up ever since. So yeah, i do keep a wierd ass schedule. Pirates was good fun for anyone wondering. If you watch the movie for what it is you'll have a blast. The story is a bit diluted.[/quote]i never saw the first one so i would be lost

BigSKINBauer 07-07-2006 08:51 AM

just know they are pirates and this guy turner is the son of a pirate and he is marrying keirra knightly because she is hot as shit. The monkey can't die and keirra knightly and that turner guy helped out jack the pirate in the first one to escape. Yup, thats about it.

jbcjr14 07-07-2006 09:08 AM

I have a football signed by all the 1972 Skins including the late great George Allen. Maybe someday I will take a pic of it and post. I have like 4 footballs with all kinds of sigs.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-07-2006 09:18 AM

I used to have a ton of crapped signed from when I went to Art Monk football camp (which is where I got my screen-name) but I can't find any of them :(. I went right around the last Super Bowl win, so I'd really like to find some of them.

MightyJoeGibbs 07-08-2006 11:56 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]$65 for his fucking signature? To hell with that.[/quote]

Yo Ill sign that for $5.

BigSKINBauer 07-14-2006 04:07 AM

That camp had taylor, portis, merriman, chad johnson, and tony dorsett on monday. I got autographs from portis, merriman and sean. I told portis he is atleast getting 9 yards a carry next year and he said he was thinking more like 10. I also talked about al saunders faulk and priest. Portis got pretty happy when i said taht. He said he had to beat them both out. Merriman was just happy when i told him some of us were going to umd.

Sean BTW is the nicest guy in the world. He hasn't signed in the past but i really don't care much for autographs. He wants to talk to the fans and that is the cool thing. He was especially nice to the girls we brought along. They just gave him a hand shake and he made them do it again by inter locking the thumbs then pulling back and interlocking the fingers, if you know what I am talking about. He looked at another girls pink jersey and said in a girls voice, 'i like pink' and started to laugh. I talked shit about TO and he kept quiet but smiled. After we waited for a bit and he went to the parking lot. When we were walking back, my friend and his girlfriend went over to say bye one more time. At that time, sean, according to my friend, leaned back and "checked [his] girlfriend's ass out" when they were walking away. This made him very, very happy and he(and she) felt it gave him some bragging rights.

I yelled to taylor that i would see him at camp. Normally the players would just wave or something. He actually walked towards me and said that he was looking forward to it and that it would be 'hot'. He told me that I should definately come and that he is going to work hard. I left but came back minutes later to get a picture. Taylor spoke with me for a few minutes which was very surprising. He asked about where I was going next year and about my major. I told him business and he said what kind and i told him i wasn't too sure. He started to talk about how you don't work towards your major till your junior year and what not. I told him to have a good year but he went right back to the college stuff telling me i needed a good first year. Just saying he is a good guy and it is just so wierd that he could pull a gun on someone. Not many people want to joke and talk with random fans.

I didn't go tuesday or wednesday. Tuesday was marvin harrison and two others, people i asked didn't know who. Wednesday was carlos rogers, dockery, and takeo spikes.

I went on thursday just for a second and we drove by the football field and i saw thomas giving an interview and i noticed him. We stopped. I waited for him to leave the field but when i went over to him someone stopped us and said no autographs. I don't really care because it is more fun to talk to the players anyways. I just yelled some shit out. I told him to get his leg better and that he was going to the pro bowl. I got a 'yeah baby'.

I can't go out to wootton tomorrow but there still might be people coming. i think the camp was only to run through today but i heard someone saying that there might be something tomorrow(friday).

dmek25 07-14-2006 06:13 AM

the bsb has been busy. welcome back

BigSKINBauer 07-14-2006 01:38 PM

I thank you good sir. 4 days is a long time to be away. I don't know where to start. I don't know the new developements. I hope that warpath newsletter comes in handy.