Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Only three real things we should be worried about (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=12970)

hooskins 07-08-2006 03:11 AM

Only three real things we should be worried about

I have been seeing many posts recently, in which our fellow Skins fans are concerned about our secondary, line, and other units. If we look at our beloved team carefully we are pretty good in all positions, and much better than last year(maybe some depth issues here and there but nothing significant). Only real position we must worry about, as always, is QB, which is worry number one. It is justified that many fans are concerned about his overall health, and that his arm might fall off. We saw last season's collapse, and that could happen, so we have the ever so present QB controversy at DC with Brunell and Campbell. Now I know many of you guys will jump to disagree with me, because Brunell's performance was due to injury, which brings me to point two, injury. As always injury is a issue with any position, and as long as the guys pick up their assignments properly, and train well, only real thing that could cause injury is bad luck. The final concern, which is a legitimate one, is that the offense might not be able to pick up Saunders offense. There is always a learning curve issues, and we all know the sure fire way to breed success is consistent coaching and players(ex. Tampa Bay in past, NE, etc). But if our offense struggle, which I highly doubt, thats the first place the media and many fans will go in terms of criticism. Personally I feel they will pick up the offense by game two, and this will not be an issue, but it is a legitmate concern. The main issue here, atleast in my eyes, is the QB situation. Also kicker is concern because the NFC East has become one of the premier divisions in the National Football League. In fact, there are four things we must ponder about as the counter slowly ticks away.

That Guy 07-08-2006 03:48 AM

Re: Only three real things we should be worried about

punter's in a bad way too, our ROLB position is still a question mark, and it's hard to read block text like that.

GTripp0012 07-08-2006 09:08 AM

[quote=hooskins]I have been seeing many posts recently, in which our fellow Skins fans are concerned about our secondary, line, and other units. If we look at our beloved team carefully we are pretty good in all positions, and much better than last year(maybe some depth issues here and there but nothing significant). Only real position we must worry about, as always, is QB, which is worry number one. It is justified that many fans are concerned about his overall health, and that his arm might fall off. We saw last season's collapse, and that could happen, so we have the ever so present QB controversy at DC with Brunell and Campbell. Now I know many of you guys will jump to disagree with me, because Brunell's performance was due to injury, which brings me to point two, injury. As always injury is a issue with any position, and as long as the guys pick up their assignments properly, and train well, only real thing that could cause injury is bad luck. The final concern, which is a legitimate one, is that the offense might not be able to pick up Saunders offense. There is always a learning curve issues, and we all know the sure fire way to breed success is consistent coaching and players(ex. Tampa Bay in past, NE, etc). But if our offense struggle, which I highly doubt, thats the first place the media and many fans will go in terms of criticism. Personally I feel they will pick up the offense by game two, and this will not be an issue, but it is a legitmate concern. The main issue here, atleast in my eyes, is the QB situation. Also kicker is concern because the NFC East has become one of the premier divisions in the National Football League. In fact, there are four things we must ponder about as the counter slowly ticks away.[/quote]Granted, those are all legit problems, but if we nitpick our team and find this many problems with the Skins, we can probably find double as many with any other team in the league. Right now, I like our chances. The Saunders one is really the only thing we can control right now.

SkinsLove24/7 07-08-2006 09:52 AM

Thats why there are preseason games to work out those rough spots and to get used to playing in the new offense at game speed. Also, even if Brunell does falter I would be happy to see Campbell get in there and gets his reps.

Giantone 07-08-2006 04:36 PM

three things,
hehehe, the Giants ,the Giants and the Giants!:smashfrea :goodjob:

dmek25 07-08-2006 08:12 PM

the only issue(question) i have about this season is what happens to our offense should mark brunell get injured? i dont think anyone on this board knows the answer to that question. almost as baffling as question #3

MightyJoeGibbs 07-08-2006 11:51 PM

[quote=dmek25]the only issue(question) i have about this season is what happens to our offense should mark brunell get injured? i dont think anyone on this board knows the answer to that question. almost as baffling as question #3[/quote]

I'll step up.

MonkManiac 07-08-2006 11:55 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]punter's in a bad way too, our ROLB position is still a question mark, and it's hard to read block text like that.[/QUOTE]

Good point, and I hear Frost has been pounding the ephedra in the off season as well....

ArtMonkDrillz 07-09-2006 01:52 AM

[quote=dmek25]the only issue(question) i have about this season is what happens to our offense should mark brunell get injured? i dont think anyone on this board knows the answer to that question. almost as baffling as question #3[/quote]

Nothing is nearly that baffling!

That Guy 07-09-2006 07:57 PM

[quote=dmek25]the only issue(question) i have about this season is what happens to our offense should mark brunell get injured? i dont think anyone on this board knows the answer to that question. [/quote]

pray.

hard.

Prop13 07-09-2006 11:34 PM

No team is any better than the weakest link on the offensive line. If any of our starters on the offensive line go down with an injury (and aren't the chances of that happening at some point during the season over 50%?), we've got a problem. I'd like to see more depth on the offensive line.

I'd rather have a better line than a better QB. A great offensive line can make a mediocre QB look like a pro bowl QB, and a mediocre offensive line can make a pro bowl QB look like a washed up...

Did I mention I'd like to see more depth on the offensive line?

Luxorreb 07-10-2006 02:21 AM

I trust in Joe Gibbs. Mark Brunell is a Redskins legend now. If OL is healthy here's our QB's: Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins and Antwoin Randle El. Considering our defense adding Andre Carter and Adam Archuleta where's the problem? Redskins win Superbowl!!! What other camp in the NFL has almost all players (including stars) present at their team facility during the offseason? I bet the number is near zero. Redskins will win as a team unless Bilacheck can field something real quicklike... GO SKINS!!!

Giantone 07-10-2006 07:28 AM

[quote=Luxorreb] Mark Brunell is a Redskins legend now.GO SKINS!!![/quote]

Come on now ,even I know some of you out there don't believe this .:nono:

That Guy 07-10-2006 07:36 AM

legend is a bit of a stretch.

scowan 07-10-2006 10:58 AM

I wish we had a punter who could handle the kickoff duties as well, so that John Hall is just kicking it thru the uprights all seasons. Didn't Hall get injured on a kickoff last year? Trying to kick it too hard?

TheMalcolmConnection 07-10-2006 11:01 AM

Just to clear some stuff up, I read an article somewhere that stated that John Hall was misdiagnosed with a "strain" multiple times last year and still managed to kick when he had something FAR more serious. Word is, he had surgery to fix the REAL problem and now he's back, he's strong and ready to go for the year.

That Guy 07-10-2006 12:26 PM

[quote=scowan]I wish we had a punter who could handle the kickoff duties as well, so that John Hall is just kicking it thru the uprights all seasons. Didn't Hall get injured on a kickoff last year? Trying to kick it too hard?[/quote]

re-injured, but he never completely healed to begin with, so it was when, not if. should be good now, i hope.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-10-2006 01:10 PM

According to all sources, it was being diagnosed as a strain when it was really a part of his leg getting separated. I've read that he is back to full strength.

gibbsisgod 07-10-2006 01:13 PM

Hall is a probowl caliber kicker. This year we will need him to win quite a few games for us, so he better stay healthy.

That Guy 07-11-2006 10:35 AM

only 2 kickers go to the PB right? if so, hall isn't anywhere close to pro bowl caliber. that's for vinetari and akers unless someone goes nuts or they get injured.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-11-2006 10:50 AM

[quote=That Guy]only 2 kickers go to the PB right? if so, hall isn't anywhere close to pro bowl caliber. that's for vinetari and akers unless someone goes nuts or they get injured.[/quote]

What about Rackers? There are plenty of kickers who could be considered pro-bowl caliber, it's just that only two make it.

That Guy 07-11-2006 11:21 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]What about Rackers? There are plenty of kickers who could be considered pro-bowl caliber, it's just that only two make it.[/quote]

read that part about going nuts ;) he had a great year, but up till then stunk horribly. If that's the case though, then there are 32 PB caliber kickers in the NFL, which means being PB caliber is meaningless.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-11-2006 11:26 AM

Jose Cortez is the ONLY pro-bowl quality kicker in my mind (and heart)

724Skinsfan 07-11-2006 11:40 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]Jose Cortez is the ONLY pro-bowl quality kicker in my mind (and heart)[/quote]

The greatest kicker of all time was Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr. Everyone knows that!

ArtMonkDrillz 07-11-2006 11:45 AM

[quote=724Skinsfan]The greatest kicker of all time was Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr. Everyone knows that![/quote]

Was that his real name or you you accidently drop your keyboard? I must know everything about this man! TO THE LIBRARY!

724Skinsfan 07-11-2006 12:05 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]Was that his real name or you you accidently drop your keyboard? I must know everything about this man! TO THE LIBRARY![/quote]

Just Google the name. You'll laugh, you'll cry, then you'll laugh again.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-11-2006 12:16 PM

[quote=724Skinsfan]Just Google the name. You'll laugh, you'll cry, then you'll laugh again.[/quote]

I did, and I did.

backrow 07-11-2006 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy] hall ....... nuts injured.[/QUOTE]

The above diciphered using my Chilton-Berlitz translator/code book!

You can never, ever associate the nuts above with N. Rackers.

Monkeydad 07-11-2006 01:10 PM

Our 3 worries for 2006:

1. Kickoffs
2. Field Goals
3. Extra Points

We won't be punting much so I'm not concerned about that. :)