Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F...Fondu Restaurants (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13014)

jbcjr14 07-12-2006 02:14 PM

F...Fondu Restaurants

Yes, I was drugged into going to this place called the Melting Pot last night for my wife's birthday. We had 10 people. This damn place cost me $565 for 10 people. The food wasn't bad, but the next time I decide to have some cheese dip, salad, a 6oz filet and some fucking chocolate I'll find a place a little cheaper.

F...this fondu shiznit!

TheMalcolmConnection 07-12-2006 02:17 PM

Re: F...Fondu Restaurants

$565?!?! They might as well have used a gun.

cpayne5 07-12-2006 02:21 PM

There's a pizza place near me called The Melting Pot. Attracts a rough crowd, but it's my favorite pizza around. Thankfully, I can get out of there cheaper than $60 a head.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-12-2006 02:25 PM

I went to the melting pot for the rehersal dinner before my friend's wedding. Since I didn't have to pay it was pretty good.

724Skinsfan 07-12-2006 02:30 PM

[quote=jbcjr14]Yes, I was drugged into going to this place called the Melting Pot last night for my wife's birthday. We had 10 people. This damn place cost me $565 for 10 people. The food wasn't bad, but the next time I decide to have some cheese dip, salad, a 6oz filet and some fucking chocolate I'll find a place a little cheaper.

F...this fondu shiznit![/quote]

That's acceptable if there was at least one alcoholic drink purchase. To me, anything over $40 is too much on principle alone. I have racked up $150-$200 restaurant bills but that includes a large percentage going towrds alcohol consumption.

SmootSmack 07-12-2006 02:44 PM

I once took a couple of friends of mine out for dinner to celebrate their engagement. I felt sort of responsible since I introduced them to each other and set them up basically.

Anyhow, we went to a Spanish Tapas restaurant. And the wine and sangria was flowing all night. We all got hammered to the tune of $300. And this was during my dinner break. Nothing like going back to work and producing a live newscast totally hammered

BDBohnzie 07-12-2006 03:00 PM

My wife loves the Melting Pot...fortunately for me, it seems to be a once a year thing, because you'll drop at least $70 on dinner for 2 alone. Add alcohol, and you're talking easily $120-150. She went with 3 people from work and racked up well over $350. But then again, they were drinking expensive bottles of wine.

The food is pretty good, but it's a long ordeal. If you go, plan on spending at least 2.5-3 hours in there. And that's if there's no line.

FRPLG 07-12-2006 03:18 PM

Buy a pot and make the stuff yourself. They don't make any special that can't be made at home pretty easily. I love fondu but it is way too expensive.

EEich 07-12-2006 03:48 PM

[url]http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/JAC/5471580[/url]

BDBohnzie 07-12-2006 03:51 PM

while it's no laughing matter about 2nd and 3rd degree burns, the mental image is hilarious...

EEich 07-12-2006 03:59 PM

Fondue-eating kickers.

Monkeydad 07-12-2006 04:29 PM

$565 for cheese whiz?

You better remind her of this when you want good seats at a Redskins game...and she MUST go with you even if she doesn't want to.

I didn't know these still existed. I thought they died with disco.

firstdown 07-12-2006 04:30 PM

Whats the deal with the cheese. Its hot oil chunks of beef and chicken. We will do some veggies but thats it. I use an electric one and tie off the cord so no one can trip over it and pull the pot off. It can be very dangerous so I take every precaution I can because a lap of oil would not be much fun. A lady who works for our company had a child pull a pot of either boiling water or hot oil off the stove on their head. I could not imagine how bad you would feel and the pain the child went through.

firstdown 07-12-2006 04:32 PM

[quote=TAFKAS]I once took a couple of friends of mine out for dinner to celebrate their engagement. I felt sort of responsible since I introduced them to each other and set them up basically.

Anyhow, we went to a Spanish Tapas restaurant. And the wine and sangria was flowing all night. We all got hammered to the tune of $300. And this was during my dinner break. Nothing like going back to work and producing a live newscast totally hammered[/quote]I would think they would take you out for dinner if you set them up to thank you.

jbcjr14 07-12-2006 04:39 PM

Well, I would do that crap at home...but like I said, I was "forced".

Monkeydad 07-12-2006 04:55 PM

[quote=jbcjr14]Well, I would do that crap at home...but like I said, I was "forced".[/quote]

She whipped you all the way to the restaurant?

SmootSmack 07-12-2006 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=firstdown]I would think they would take you out for dinner if you set them up to thank you.[/QUOTE]

Well they gave a nice speech thanking me at their reception. They insisted on paying but I told them I was a man of my word regardless of the ridiculous bill

jbcjr14 07-12-2006 05:38 PM

Yep, I mean stomped me.