Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Meetup (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Traning Camp !!!! Who's Going ? When ? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13020)

MonkFan4Life 07-12-2006 05:35 PM

Traning Camp !!!! Who's Going ? When ?

Hey, me and some guys at my job are planning a "senior skip day" to travel down to VA for one of the days. Are any of you planning on going to any of the practices ? If so when because It would be cool to meet the guys that I talk shit with ! Needless to say by the time our crew gets there we'll be buzzed ! I need to get some autographs on my Skins Helmet fathead (that my kick ass fiance got me) before I put it on my ceiling.

HAIL !!!!

MightyJoeGibbs 07-12-2006 05:59 PM

Re: Traning Camp !!!! Who's Going ? When ?

Too early to tell yet but, I'm def. hitting it up once or twice.

That Guy 07-13-2006 05:30 PM

the friday morning one.

MonkManiac 07-13-2006 06:01 PM

For all of you training camp veterans, what time would I need to get to Redskins Park to get decent seats/parking? Assume a 4 or 4:30pm practice, like most of them are.

That Guy 07-13-2006 06:09 PM

they open gates and hour before, so 1 hour at least if you want to rush to the field. otherwise 30-60min before that to get to the head of the line.

Longtimefan 07-14-2006 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=MonkManiac]For all of you training camp veterans, what time would I need to get to Redskins Park to get decent seats/parking? Assume a 4 or 4:30pm practice, like most of them are.[/QUOTE}

I'm getting the feeling you haven't been to Redskin Park before for training camp activities. Parking should not be a problem for you however, the subject of a seat is "bring your own" There is no seating available anymore, and hasn't been since the 2000 season.

BigSKINBauer 07-14-2006 02:05 PM

THE SEASON IS HERE!!!@#@!!1

I am going to camp for sure.

Hogroll 07-18-2006 03:24 PM

I'll be taking my sons there for the Mon-Wed practices, 5 year in a row. I'll be getting a hotel room down there, somewhere... anybody have ideas on accomidations in the area? In the past, we have just gone for a day.

MightyJoeGibbs 07-18-2006 04:20 PM

Its been 2 years since I've been. Can we bring coolers into their so long as their isn't alcohol? Can we bring our video cameras??

Is anyone traveling from North of Baltimore to the training camp?? Wassup with the carpooling???

TheMalcolmConnection 07-18-2006 04:21 PM

I know for a fact that video cameras aren't allowed. Regular cameras are good to go though.

MightyJoeGibbs 07-18-2006 04:26 PM

Thats lame, regular cameras these days can record also. Thats electronic discrimination.

Hogroll 07-18-2006 05:08 PM

[quote=MightyJoeGibbs] Is anyone traveling from North of Baltimore to the training camp?? Wassup with the carpooling???[/quote]

I'm coming from Cecil County. Not sure you want to carpool though, seeing as I'll be staying down there for a few days (unless work changes my plans). I'm up for a convoy, and a tailgate once there!

joecrisp 07-18-2006 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=Hogroll]I'll be taking my sons there for the Mon-Wed practices, 5 year in a row. I'll be getting a hotel room down there, somewhere... anybody have ideas on accomidations in the area? In the past, we have just gone for a day.[/QUOTE]

I've stayed at several hotels in the area, and I got some pretty good deals at the AmeriSuites hotel on Ridgetop Circle, and the Suburban Extended Stay on Severn Way.

Just do a Google Maps search for hotels in Sterling, VA and those two should show up. Then you can use Google Maps to get directions from the hotel to "Redskins Park Dr, Ashburn, VA", and that will give you an idea of how short of a drive they are to Redskins Park. I was generally able to get to and from in about 5 minutes, depending on traffic, from either of those hotels.

I stayed at the Suburban for minicamp last year, and the AmeriSuites for training camp. Both had wireless high-speed internet access included, which was a huge plus. Also, both are basically right at Dulles Town Center, so there's plenty of dining options.

I can't vouch for the prices you'll get at this point, being that camp is so close (I booked my rooms at least a month in advance), but you may still be able to find some decent rates on those particular hotels through Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire or Expedia. I usually comparison shop through those five sites, and I'm always able to get a significantly lower rate than if I dealt with the hotel directly.

I'm not too particular about the quality of the accomodations, as long as I have a clean bed to sleep in, a TV and high-speed internet access. But AmeriSuites was a much roomier and more comfortable stay than Suburban, and they also included a free and plentiful breakfast bar, which saved me a lot of money over the course of the week. Plus, I wound up paying about the same for that room as I did at Suburban.

MightyJoeGibbs 07-18-2006 05:58 PM

[quote=joecrisp]I've stayed at several hotels in the area, and I got some pretty good deals at the AmeriSuites hotel on Ridgetop Circle, and the Suburban Extended Stay on Severn Way.

Just do a Google Maps search for hotels in Sterling, VA and those two should show up. Then you can use Google Maps to get directions from the hotel to "Redskins Park Dr, Ashburn, VA", and that will give you an idea of how short of a drive they are to Redskins Park. I was generally able to get to and from in about 5 minutes, depending on traffic, from either of those hotels.

I stayed at the Suburban for minicamp last year, and the AmeriSuites for training camp. Both had wireless high-speed internet access included, which was a huge plus. Also, both are basically right at Dulles Town Center, so there's plenty of dining options.

I can't vouch for the prices you'll get at this point, being that camp is so close (I booked my rooms at least a month in advance), but you may still be able to find some decent rates on those particular hotels through Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire or Expedia. I usually comparison shop through those five sites, and I'm always able to get a significantly lower rate than if I dealt with the hotel directly.

I'm not too particular about the quality of the accomodations, as long as I have a clean bed to sleep in, a TV and high-speed internet access. But AmeriSuites was a much roomier and more comfortable stay than Suburban, and they also included a free and plentiful breakfast bar, which saved me a lot of money over the course of the week. Plus, I wound up paying about the same for that room as I did at Suburban.[/quote]

Thanks.

MightyJoeGibbs 07-18-2006 06:06 PM

Wow, I hate hotel prices. Is it cool if I just put up a tent in the redskins parking lot. I'll scare off any trespassers and wildlife. Or does anyone wanna board a foreign exchange Skins fan? I have an xb. some dominoes, and some pepsi to show gratification.