Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can any Secondary slow the skins down? Hell NO. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13025)

MightyJoeGibbs 07-13-2006 02:52 AM

Can any Secondary slow the skins down? Hell NO.

This is such a powerful reality that it's back for an encore.

I think having 4 steady WR's,TE,HB will enable Campbell when he gets called to have the same success that Roethilsblablah had w/ the Steelers. Thoose dump passes underneath will be all day and as Portis and everyone is saying "pick your poison" b/c teams already are playing a few men down. Very few teams period even have a DL rush to even have a chance to disrupt Campbell from finding targets. All but a few arent on the schedule but mid season will be a upward battle but to close out is a sleigh ride down weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sean Salisbury needs to get with some of this and stop hating on any SKINS getting their shine on,and slurping on the bandwagoners.That's right even Gibbs called him out at the draft. I swear the Skins at some point must have rejected him for I have never seen him lower his nose to the Skins. Whatever, I feel like little w. Bush "He attacked my daddy, so I'm gonna bring him to justice"

Redskins = Dwayne Wade
Gibbs = Shaq

Salisbury= Bum

Its all mathematics.

Call your bookee's, crack the piggy jars, and buy some hookers and ice cream while Burgen Dee Gold takes us home.

dmek25 07-13-2006 06:31 AM

Re: Can any Secondary slow the skins down? Hell NO.

in the years when the skins were very good, i.e. coach gibbs first tour,does anyone know how good they would do covering the bookies lines? the error for margin between the good teams in the nfl and the week ones is so slim that its hard to cover wek after week

Monkeydad 07-13-2006 11:16 AM

I understood everything up to the weeeeeeeeeeeeee. :oink:

ArtMonkDrillz 07-13-2006 11:24 AM

That was a fun rant.

I agree with it.

mike340 07-13-2006 09:48 PM

As far as their reliability covering the spread:

Back in '82-'83 they were very good at covering the spread until they were "discovered" when they trounced the Rams on a Monday night. I remember at one point a newspaper reported they were 20-4-1 against the spread in their last 25 games. I then analyzed it and found they were 14-1-1 against the teams which weren't upper-echelon. So I used this info to bet on them (legally). They ended up making me about half a year's salary (net). Before the Monday-night win they were never more than 10-point favorites, but afterwards they were frequently favored by more than 10 points. In the one game I lost, they were 14.5-point favorites against the Eagles and ahead by 14 (28-14) at halftime, but didn't score another point (28-24 final.) Their games were just as frequently on the high side of the over-under, although I was too dense to use that to my advantage. (This was the year when they set the points record.)

So, to summarize, they were very good at covering the spread when it was no more than 10 points.