Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins over/under (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13029)

MTK 07-13-2006 11:22 AM

Redskins over/under

I'm just going to toss a few out there, if you want to add some feel free.

Simply discuss whether you think the number will go over or under and why.

Wins: 10

Brunell:
3000 yards
20 TDs
10 INTs

Portis:
1400 yards
10 TDs

Moss:
75 catches
1200 yards
8 TDs

Cooley:
65 catches
650 yards
7 TDs

Carter:
10 sacks

Taylor:
5 INTs

TheMalcolmConnection 07-13-2006 11:29 AM

Re: Redskins over/under

I'm going to go with over for all of the above except Taylor and Carter. While I think Taylor and Carter will both have huge seasons, I still don't think many people will throw Taylor's direction. I also think Carter will have a great season, but it'll be between him and Daniels and I bet they BOTH have 8 sacks a piece.

As far as the rest, I can easily see them topping those numbers for the year. Cooley I might be on the fence about because I feel his yardage might drop with his TDs going up.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-13-2006 11:30 AM

I'm especially over on the wins. I truly believe this year's team can put together a 13-3 or 14-2 season barring key injuries.

724Skinsfan 07-13-2006 11:37 AM

Taylor:
5 INTs

Does this one mean that Sean Taylor will have caused 5 intestinal release prematurely incidents? If so, I think that number is for Terry Glenn alone.

BDBohnzie 07-13-2006 11:49 AM

7 Times Brud will be drunk at a regular season tailgate....

I'm gonna take the under on Brunell...I think there will be a big emphasis on either Portis running, or Campbell taking over the reins. And I'll take the under on Taylor's INTs. If you had said turnovers, I think he'll have a combined 5+ INTs/Fumble Recoveries.

5RINGS 07-13-2006 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I'm just going to toss a few out there, if you want to add some feel free.

Brunell:
3000 yards
20 TDs
10 INTs

Portis:
1400 yards
10 TDs

Moss:
75 catches
1200 yards
8 TDs

Cooley:
65 catches
650 yards
7 TDs

Carter:
10 sacks

Taylor:
5 INTs[/QUOTE]

Wins - 11 Tough Division.

Brunell - Under no way he goes all season without missing games.
Portis - over 1400 yards 10 Td sounds right
Moss - under - not going to surprise anyone this year. Not even Dallas
Cooley - Under, Brunell now has options other than Moss Or Portis
Carter - Don't Know. If there are ANY injuries on the DLine he is doubled every snap.

Taylor - Over He should be able to ball hawk and leave the box more with Arch signed

backrow 07-13-2006 11:56 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I'm just going to toss a few out there, if you want to add some feel free.

Brunell:
3000 yards
20 TDs
10 INTs

Portis:
1400 yards
10 TDs

Moss:
75 catches
1200 yards
8 TDs

Cooley:
65 catches
650 yards
7 TDs

Carter:
10 sacks

Taylor:
5 INTs[/QUOTE]

Wins - Even, maybe over at 11 wins as a push
Brunnell - Under - Week 8-13, he pops a __(insert injury)___, and JC steps it up! Not a wish, just going by recent history.

C. Portis - Over, but only by a few yds, and only by 1 TD.

Moss - Even

Cooley - Under on the TDs - Whoever QBs at the time spreads it out to the RB equally.

Carter - Under by 1, make it 9 sacks

Taylor - Under by 2, make it 3 picks

Division Championship: 1

PO Victories: 1 (at home)

offiss 07-13-2006 12:17 PM

Take the over with Moss, he will be uncoverable this year.

Take the over with Taylor, we will put a lot of points on the board this year, teams will have to play from behind which means taking a lot of chances downfield, that has been the only thing holding back Taylors monster year.

The same will go for Carter, take the over, with teams needing to pass all the time, with GW's schemes, combigned with his speed off the edge, 10 plus sacks for Mr. Carter. I believe he will have at least 2 3 sack games this season.

Brunell is a tough one, will he stay healthy enough all year to break 3000, if you believe he will then the answer is yes to all.

Portis I say will just mis the 1400 yard plateau which is not a bad thing, but there's just to much talent on offense for him to get enough carries to reach 1400, but 1300 plus is a real possibility, but I do believe his all purpose yards will go up this year, along with his TD output.

As for Cooley take the under, although I love this guy as a TE just to much talent at WR to get him 65 catches, but I do believe he will come close.

As far as wins 10, take the over in a slam dunk!

saden1 07-13-2006 12:48 PM

Win - 12
If we aren't progressing we are regressing and this team is a whole lot better than last year. And yes, 12 wins is a conservative number.

Brunell - Over
If he stays healthy or even plays 14 games his TDs and INT stats should both go up. As for the yardage, it sounds just about right. Saunders will work his magic.

Portis - Definitely Over
1600 yards and 16 TDs is no joke and he'll get it. If Larry Johnson can do it Portis can too.

Moss - Push
Defenses will try to harass him every chance they get.

Cooley - Push
I don't see his roll definitioning and if the other receivers we got don't pan-out like we thought they would Cooley will step up to the plate.

Taylor - Push
His fate depends on 1) what Williams wants him to do and 2) the performance of Arch.

gibbsisgod 07-13-2006 12:50 PM

Wins: take the over. we should have atleast 11
Portis: take the over, but not by much. i think he gets 1500 again but 10 tds sounds reasonable
Moss: take the over(i still think he catches 100 balls.)
Carter: take the under just because of the depth we have at d-line. i think the groups total sacks will improve but i dont think any 1 individual will have more than 8.

BrudLee 07-13-2006 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie]7 Times Brud will be drunk at a regular season tailgate...[/QUOTE]
Hmm...

I'm going to go "under". I may miss two games this year. And Monday Night shouldn't count, because there's a very good chance I would have been half in the bag anyway.

BrudLee 07-13-2006 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Wins: 10[/QUOTE]
Over. I see eleven wins this year.

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Brunell:
3000 yards
20 TDs
10 INTs[/QUOTE]
I'm going under on all three. I don't see Brunell playing every minute of every game. Be it injury, or just wanting Campbell to get work, I think we'll see enough of the kid to keep Brunell's numbers down.

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Portis:
1400 yards
10 TDs[/QUOTE]
Definitely over on yards. Probably over on TDs.

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Moss:
75 catches
1200 yards
8 TDs[/QUOTE]
Probably under on yards. The other numbers are dead on.

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Cooley:
65 catches
650 yards
7 TDs[/QUOTE]
Good numbers here as well. I'd be hard pressed to bet in either direction.

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Carter:
10 sacks[/QUOTE]
I'm going to go under - but I think Carter is going to create space for Griffin and Salave'a.

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Taylor:
5 INTs[/QUOTE]
My gut says under, but he will be the disruptive force we know and love.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-13-2006 01:47 PM

[quote=5RINGS]Wins - 11 Tough Division.

Brunell - Under no way he goes all season without missing games.
Portis - over 1400 yards 10 Td sounds right
Moss - under - not going to surprise anyone this year. Not even Dallas
Cooley - Under, Brunell now has options other than Moss Or Portis
[I][B] Carter - Don't Know. If there are ANY injuries on the DLine he is doubled every snap.[/B][/I]

Taylor - Over He should be able to ball hawk and leave the box more with Arch signed[/quote]

Not sure if you know a whole lot about the Skins backups, but they are pretty interchangable pieces in GW's puzzle. The interior defensive line is like a well-oiled machine, only an injury to Daniels might hurt the Skins and still they have Demetric Evans who was a force late in the season.

MTK 07-13-2006 02:23 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]Not sure if you know a whole lot about the Skins backups, but they are pretty interchangable pieces in GW's puzzle. The interior defensive line is like a well-oiled machine, only an injury to Daniels might hurt the Skins and still they have Demetric Evans who was a force late in the season.[/quote]

Just to add, our d-line actually has some nice depth going this year. We beefed up at DT in the draft, and with Wynn, Daniels, and now Carter we have nice depth at DE.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-13-2006 02:28 PM

[quote=Mattyk72]Just to add, our d-line actually has some nice depth going this year. We beefed up at DT in the draft, and with Wynn, Daniels, and now Carter we have nice depth at DE.[/quote]

This is kind of dumb, but would McCune be too small to use as a DE if the d-line were desperate?

dmek25 07-13-2006 02:43 PM

amd, quit high jacking this thread. and good afternoon

724Skinsfan 07-13-2006 02:52 PM

Wins: 10 [B]OVER
[/B]
Brunell:
3000 yards [B]OVER[/B] (not by much though)
20 TDs [B]OVER [/B](I think maybe 25)
10 INTs [B]UNDER [/B]

Portis:
1400 yards [B]OVER [/B](If I expect to win a lot of games we'll be running more)
10 TDs [B]OVER [/B](Saunders offense generates a lot of RB TD's)

Moss:
75 catches
1200 yards [B]I'd go with all of these, maybe a under on the yards[/B]
8 TDs

Cooley:
65 catches [B]UNDER[/B]
650 yards [B]UNDER - [/B]too many receiving options, including Portis
7 TDs [B]UNDER
[/B]
Carter:
10 sacks [B]OVER - [/B]Actually, how successful are Williams DEs in the sack department?

Taylor:
5 INTs [B]UNDER -[/B] that's quite a bit for a safety that likes to hit

MightyJoeGibbs 07-13-2006 02:54 PM

yeah mccune is too small, but trust we have no need for that anyway, daniels, carter ,wynn, cornelius, evans, even killings in the few plays he was in caused a disruption. Then, you add the draft of younger guys well be ok. GW will def. rotate/change and hes proven himself in that dept. especially with Wynn who is a team captain there will be constant bodies moving on/off the field, reason #314 the skins will win the lombardi b/c the defense will constantly be switching preserving health so long as out DB's holdup.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-13-2006 02:57 PM

[quote=dmek25]amd, quit high jacking this thread. and good afternoon[/quote]

What's up dmek. For once, I was being serious, but I guess you're right, this was the wrong place for that question.

So...

Over for the wins. I think we'll have 11 or 12 wins

Under across the board for Brunell because I don't think he'll last the whole season, but I wouldn't be suprised if he comes back for the playoffs.

Over on both for Portis b/c he's going to have more room and the O-line will be sick.

Under for Moss and Cooley. But it might be a push on Moss's TD total.

Push for Carter, I think he'll be right around 10, but Griffin is going to be a Pro-Bowler (I mean actually make the pro-bowl, not get jipped)

Over for Taylor. Another year of experience. He's nasty.

DaveyFoSho 07-13-2006 03:08 PM

Wins:Over...13-3 defenses will simply have to pick their poison..no way can everyone be accounted for... Only real cause for concern is a weak-average run D....

Brunell: Has too many offensive weapons..numbers will surely be way over...unless he gets injured.... 30 TD's 4000 Yards

Portis: over...1500+yards 12 TD's(rushing) 2-3TD's (Receiving) 350Yards(receiving)
Will pound weak Lines when defense is in cover D...also will be targeted for more passes out of the backfield

Moss: Over 1500+yards 10+ TD's (YOU CAN'T COVER HIM!!!..CANT WAIT FOR ROY BOY...)

Cooley: About even maybe a couple more TD's he will share alot of screens and short routes up the middle with portis....

Carter: Under...Daniels/Carter: 7-9 Sacks Each...Carter will face alot of Double teams....

Taylor: Even for INT's...but add a sack or two and 2TD's

ADDITIONS:
Randel El: 45 Catches 600 Yards 4 TD's
Lloyd: 60 Catches 700 Yards 7 TD's

MightyJoeGibbs 07-13-2006 03:11 PM

[quote=Mattyk72]I'm just going to toss a few out there, if you want to add some feel free.

Wins: 10( over) I see at least a 12-4 result.

Brunell: (under)
3000 yards (2,000) w/ Campbell (1,500)
20 TDs (exactly 20) " (10)
10 INTs (under 8) " (5)

Portis: (Over)
1400 yards " (1,600)
10 TDs " Rush14, Rec. 5

Moss: Everything Exactly
75 catches
1200 yards
8 TDs

Extra balls going to:

Lloyd
50 catches
750 yards
5 TDs

Randle El
30 rec.
500 yds.
5 TDs

Patten
30 rec
300 yds
3 TDs

Cooley: (under)
65 catches 50
650 yards 600
7 TDs 7TD

Carter: Under
10 sacks 9

Taylor: Over
5 INTs 6 Ints, 1 for TD, 2 FR, 115 FF
This will be the year he gets recognition for his ability and corportate america lets him into their hearts.

Defense creates and ACTUALLY gets top 10 in TO ratio something that has been absent and consistantly lacking, reason # 523 skins go all the way this year.

DaveyFoSho 07-13-2006 03:13 PM

Total wins this season .....16....first rd playoff bye....divisional game: W NFC:W...and SB: Broncos 17 Skins 24...(How great would it be for big # 17 to win another for mighty joe.....)

DaveyFoSho 07-13-2006 03:25 PM

Pro Bowl Bids: 9
Starters: D-Griffin, Carter, Taylor, Washington O-Moss,Portis,Samuels
Reserves: D-Springs O- Cooley

MightyJoeGibbs 07-13-2006 03:33 PM

[quote=DaveyFoSho]Pro Bowl Bids: 9
Reserves: D-Springs O- Cooley[/quote]

Ive got 13 skins going on Snyders Jet to Hawaii.

Moss, Cooley, Portis, sellers, jansen, samuels, thomas,

Taylor, springs, griffin, washington, daniels, marshall

gibbsisgod 07-13-2006 03:37 PM

why not just let the whole skins team represent the nfc in hawaii?

DaveyFoSho 07-13-2006 03:43 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]why not just let the whole skins team represent the nfc in hawaii?[/quote]

LOL! okay sounds good!!!

gibbsisgod 07-13-2006 03:44 PM

we will have a hard time fitting it into the schedule since we will be celebrating ring #4, but i think we could do it!

GTripp0012 07-13-2006 03:46 PM

[quote=Mattyk72]I'm just going to toss a few out there, if you want to add some feel free.

Wins: 10[/quote]Over. 13-3.

[quote=Mattyk72] Brunell:
3000 yards
20 TDs
10 INTs[/quote]Over on all stats. 3700/24/11

[quote=Mattyk72] Portis:
1400 yards
10 TDs[/quote]Over on both. 1670/12.

[quote=Mattyk72] Moss:
75 catches
1200 yards
8 TDs[/quote]Uh, under on catches and yards, over on TDs. 74/1080/9

[quote=Mattyk72] Cooley:
65 catches
650 yards
7 TDs[/quote]Over, over, and over. 80/840/10

[quote=Mattyk72] Carter:
10 sacks[/quote] Under. 5 or 6

[quote=Mattyk72] Taylor:
5 INTs[/quote] Under. 3 or 4

DaveyFoSho 07-13-2006 03:46 PM

[quote=MightyJoeGibbs]Ive got 13 skins going on Snyders Jet to Hawaii.

Moss, Cooley, Portis, sellers, jansen, samuels, thomas,

Taylor, springs, griffin, washington, daniels, marshall[/quote]

Lets be realistic tho...my 9 is even a stretch...we love our boys...but not everyone else does....id say for real..... 6: Moss, Portis, Samuels, Griffin, Washington, and Taylor or Springs

gibbsisgod 07-13-2006 03:48 PM

[quote=GTripp0012]Over. 13-3.

Over on all stats. 3700/24/11

Over on both. 1670/12.

Uh, under on catches and yards, over on TDs. 74/1080/9

Over, over, and over. 80/840/10

Under. 5 or 6

Under. 3 or 4[/quote]why only 5 or 6 sacks for carter?? i think he atleast gets 8

GTripp0012 07-13-2006 03:51 PM

[quote=DaveyFoSho]Pro Bowl Bids: 9
Reserves: D-Springs O- Cooley[/quote]
Pro bowl bids: 8
Brunell, Portis, Thomas, Cooley, Griffin, Taylor, Washington, and Ade as a STer.

DaveyFoSho 07-13-2006 03:51 PM

But wow...i cannot wait to see Carter in the trenches with Daniels...i really just want them to break baby Manning in half!!!...hell...go for them both.....and just finish out the Hat trick with McNabb....thats all i ask...besides #4....

DaveyFoSho 07-13-2006 03:53 PM

[quote=GTripp0012]Pro bowl bids: 8
Brunell, Portis, Thomas, Cooley, Griffin, Taylor, Washington, and Ade as a STer.[/quote]

WOW i swear if Jimoh makes the Pro Bowl i probably wouldnt stop laughing for a year.....great special teams player tho.....

GTripp0012 07-13-2006 08:31 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]This is kind of dumb, but would McCune be too small to use as a DE if the d-line were desperate?[/quote]Chris Clemons plays a great rush end, but if Carter is on the field, there really is no need for him.

GTripp0012 07-13-2006 08:39 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]why only 5 or 6 sacks for carter?? i think he atleast gets 8[/quote]8 would be good for any defensive end. I see a lot of blitzing this year, and not too many multi sack games for Carter. 5.5 or 6 is a good gold to strive for.

bigm29 07-13-2006 08:51 PM

over on portis. if he can run for 1500 in gibbs "old" system how much better is he going to do with an o-line that now has another season to gel and the same system that larry johnson just ran for 1700 in by starting only 9 games

Gmanc711 07-13-2006 09:16 PM

Wins: 10?
I'll go with over, saying 11. Its a very tough division, we ussually are good for one 2-3 game slide somewhere, although hopefully we can rebound like last year. I like how our schedule plays out...and honestly...I just think we're a very good football team. I think 11, but could see us winning more, or winning 10.

Brunell:
3000 yards
20 TDs
10 INTs

I'll go under on yards, and TDs, because we like to use the screen with Sellers so much on the goal-line rather than punch the ball in. But if we didnt use those screens, i'd probaboly go with under. I'll say under with INT's just because he is very very safe (which is a reason I said under on yards).

Portis:
1400 yards
10 TDs

Over on both, Portis is going to be the man this season.

Moss:
75 catches
1200 yards
8 TDs

I'll go under on all three, the ball will get spread around too much, he is a marked man now. I think with the addition of Lloyd, El and Patten hopefully being back, that Moss's numbers will go down, but his production will still be there.

Cooley:
65 catches
650 yards
7 TDs

I'll go under on catches, again because he's not our "#2" like he basically was last year, under on yards, over on TDS because we use him so much short.

Carter:
10 sacks
I'll go under, way under, i'd say about 6-7 (which is still a very solid year). I really think Carters biggest job here is to attract more blockers to open things up for M. Washington.

Taylor:
5 INTs

He's becoming much better in coverage and such a feared guy...I honestly dont know if he'll have the chance for 5 picks. I'll say 3, Under.

MightyJoeGibbs 07-13-2006 11:49 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod]why not just let the whole skins team represent the nfc in hawaii?[/quote]

I was trying to be fair but fine, 22 players are going to Hawaii. I think there should be 2 leagues NFL, and a league made up of 32 teams all named Redskins- but be categorized by tribe. That be tight. And the trophy would be The Gibbs.