Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Behind Enemy Lines (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13070)

Manusky91 07-17-2006 01:52 PM

Behind Enemy Lines

[SIZE=4][FONT=Arial]I met a very interesting person this weekend, and in order to maintain anonymity we'll just say that they work for the NFL. It was news to me to learn that both Jeremy Shockey and Plaxico Burress both hate Eli. They feel that he is privileged and was brought up with a silver spoon. Eli is not invited to parties or included as one of the guys. I'm hopeful that this discontent will affect the Giants' offense this year. Nothin like unhappy receivers to ruin an offense. Now we'll just have to wait for TO to do something stupid in Dallas[/FONT].[/SIZE]

TheMalcolmConnection 07-17-2006 01:54 PM

Re: Behind Enemy Lines

Nice gossip. Hilarious! I hate Eli too. But who do I hate more, Shockey or Burress?

Beemnseven 07-17-2006 01:56 PM

Peyton, Marvin Harrison, and Edgerrin James all hated each other off the field -- but it never led to a meltdown on the field.

Monksdown 07-17-2006 02:01 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]Nice gossip. Hilarious! I hate Eli too. But who do I hate more, Shockey or Burress?[/quote]

Shockey, no doubt. Who spikes the ball on 1st downs? Your supposed to get 1st downs throughout the course of the game. Shutup and do your job. I give slack for td dances, I like them.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-17-2006 02:18 PM

But, but, but Burress whines like a little girl too.

BDBohnzie 07-17-2006 02:30 PM

i mean, think about it...i'm willing to bet no one like Theismann...

MTK 07-17-2006 02:35 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of teammates in the league that don't like each other, but they suck it up and play together for the sake of the team.

That's what a good head coach will do for you too. A good coach can bring people together for the good of the common goal.

backrow 07-17-2006 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=Monksdown]Shockey, no doubt. Who spikes the ball on 1st downs? Your supposed to get 1st downs throughout the course of the game. Shutup and do your job. I give slack for td dances, I like them.[/QUOTE]

L. Brown, C. Taylor, Riggo, and Monk never spiked it! The dancing should be saved for romantic occasions with your wife, spouse, or intended.

724Skinsfan 07-17-2006 02:50 PM

Welcome to sports. Rare is the team that doesn't have warring factions amongst its teammates. The only nice thing would be if Eli wants to search a little longer for other targets but I highly doubt that. All athletes want to win and Burress and Shockey are two important tools Eli needs to win.

Manusky91 07-17-2006 02:56 PM

[quote=724Skinsfan]Welcome to sports. Rare is the team that doesn't have warring factions amongst its teammates. The only nice thing would be if Eli wants to search a little longer for other targets but I highly doubt that. All athletes want to win and Burress and Shockey are two important tools Eli needs to win.[/quote]

Warring factions is one thing, but not having respect for the guy who's supposed to get you the ball is another.

Giantone 07-17-2006 02:56 PM

[quote=Manusky91][SIZE=4][FONT=Arial]I met a very interesting person this weekend, and in order to maintain anonymity we'll just say that they work for the NFL. It was news to me to learn that both Jeremy Shockey and Plaxico Burress both hate Eli. They feel that he is privileged and was brought up with a silver spoon. Eli is not invited to parties or included as one of the guys. I'm hopeful that this discontent will affect the Giants' offense this year. Nothin like unhappy receivers to ruin an offense. Now we'll just have to wait for TO to do something stupid in Dallas[/FONT].[/SIZE][/quote]:Flush:

The same guy told me that Shawn Taylor was gay and the Brunell does'nt invite Gibbs to prayer meetings .:food-smil

TheMalcolmConnection 07-17-2006 02:58 PM

Do you know denim_monger?

steveo395 07-17-2006 03:02 PM

[quote=Giantone]:Flush:

The same guy told me that Shawn Taylor was gay and the Brunell does'nt invite Gibbs to prayer meetings .:food-smil[/quote]
Well idk...Shawn Taylor might be gay
[URL="http://www.acu.edu/sports/football/player_bios/taylor_bio.html"]http://www.acu.edu/sports/football/player_bios/taylor_bio.html[/URL]

but i know that Sean Taylor isn't
[URL="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493084"]http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493084[/URL]

jamf 07-17-2006 03:03 PM

Would you invite this retard to your party?
[IMG]http://www.socaluncensored.com/board/attachment.php3?attachmentid=15&stc=1[/IMG]

TheMalcolmConnection 07-17-2006 03:06 PM

Always love that picture.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-17-2006 03:07 PM

[IMG]http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/5053/finishhimze1.gif[/IMG]

dmek25 07-17-2006 03:07 PM

i dont think shockey or burress really like a whole lot of anyone. who cares. as long as manning throws to both of them, so what?

dmek25 07-17-2006 03:08 PM

hey malcolm, good afternoon

TheMalcolmConnection 07-17-2006 03:09 PM

Good afternoon dmek. I just wanna' see Shockey do some more of those stupid ass plays he did last year during that Marshall INT.

steveo395 07-17-2006 03:14 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection]Good afternoon dmek. I just wanna' see Shockey do some more of those stupid ass plays he did last year during that Marshall INT.[/quote]
i wish the redskins had some players that complained instead of tacking:rolleyes:

Monkeydad 07-17-2006 03:22 PM

[quote=Beemnseven]Peyton, Marvin Harrison, and Edgerrin James all hated each other off the field -- but it never led to a meltdown on the field.[/quote]

You're right, they put their problems aside and won a lot of Super Bowls together. :)

saden1 07-17-2006 03:30 PM

I never get tired of "The Marshall Play." Seeing Shockey bitch while Marshall runs the other way with an INT is priceless. As for Plastico, he is a poor man's Superman who puts his hands up but can never muster a takeoff.

Prima donnas 4sure.

Beemnseven 07-17-2006 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=Buster]You're right, they put their problems aside and won a lot of Super Bowls together. :)[/QUOTE]

They haven't won any Super Bowls.

jamf 07-17-2006 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=Beemnseven]They haven't won any Super Bowls.[/QUOTE]
I think the original quote was intended to have the sarcastic wink smiley.

MightyJoeGibbs 07-17-2006 06:40 PM

[quote=Giantone]:Flush:

The same guy told me that Shawn Taylor was gay and the Brunell does'nt invite Gibbs to prayer meetings .:food-smil[/quote]

Wow what a useless post. Good thing he isnt talking about SEAN taylor. If your not with us, you cant interpret our skins. Thanks.

Is it cold for Eli in Peyton's shadow or what?

LBrown43 07-17-2006 11:02 PM

[quote=backrow]L. Brown, C. Taylor, Riggo, and Monk never spiked it! The dancing should be saved for romantic occasions with your wife, spouse, or intended.[/quote]

Nothing better than when Riggins ran 70 Chip in Super Bowl XVII (scoring a touchdown that certainly was "dance worthy"), just flip the ball to the ref. That said more than any other celebration could.
When I settle a good claim...I don't do an "Icky Shuffle". Do any of you at your jobs?
The one thing I hated about the 80's Skins was all the attention the "Fun Bunch" got. Just not my kind of football!!

Master4Caster 07-17-2006 11:05 PM

I won't believe it until I read it on profootballtakk.com. :lol:

SmootSmack 07-17-2006 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=LBrown43]Nothing better than when Riggins ran 70 Chip in Super Bowl XVII (scoring a touchdown that certainly was "dance worthy"), just flip the ball to the ref. That said more than any other celebration could.
When I settle a good claim...I don't do an "Icky Shuffle". Do any of you at your jobs?
The one thing I hated about the 80's Skins was all the attention the "Fun Bunch" got. Just not my kind of football!![/QUOTE]

I don't mind TD celebrations really. What I never understood was when basketball players all slap hands after every free throw attempt (even misses)

jdlea 07-17-2006 11:38 PM

I don't mind touchdown celebrations either, but then Shockey would have to get into the end zone more often that 4.25 times a season. If I have to watch Shockey get up and act like he's the greatest tight end ever because he just caught a 10 yard pass again I'm gonna yack. I'm so sick of seeing him jump up and wave the crowd to get excited like he's awesome because he's a possesion tight end. He's like the Keyshawn of tight ends. Keyshawn at least gets into the end zone an average of 6 times a year, though.

BigSKINBauer 07-18-2006 06:45 AM

well see, this is what happens when you take the workplace to the bedroom. Its sad, it really is.

BDBohnzie 07-18-2006 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]I don't mind TD celebrations really. What I never understood was when basketball players all slap hands after every free throw attempt (even misses)[/QUOTE]
i believe it's more for moral support rather than celebratory...but what do i know?

MTK 07-18-2006 10:13 AM

[quote=TAFKAS]I don't mind TD celebrations really. What I never understood was when basketball players all slap hands after every free throw attempt (even misses)[/quote]

I'm guessing it's because that's the only real break in the action they have to do that sort of thing.

There's a quota of high fives and butt smacks in every sporting event, they have to fit them in when they can.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-18-2006 10:18 AM

[quote=BDBohnzie]i believe it's more for moral support rather than celebratory...but what do i know?[/quote]

Like the post-shot-fist-bump during beer pong games.