Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Triple X ESPN Radio - Skins Radio (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13091)

cpayne5 07-19-2006 08:27 AM

Triple X ESPN Radio - Skins Radio

[url]http://www.triplexespnradio.com/[/url]

I listened to the Riggins show yesterday at 4 and it wasn't bad. Riggins is Riggins, as usual.

If you're in the DC area, you can pick it up on 94.3 (to the west), 730AM (central), and 92.7 (east).

I live about 15 miles from 94.3 and it has been crystal clear for me. The furthest I've gone is North Stafford, and it's still clear down there.

Along with streaming their daily shows, (I think you non DC people will like this part) they claim that you will be able to listen to the *GAMES* online this year as well.

Hog1 07-19-2006 08:36 AM

Re: Triple X ESPN Radio - Skins Radio

Any idea when it will be available on the WWW?

cpayne5 07-19-2006 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=Hog1]Any idea when it will be available on the WWW?[/QUOTE]
It's available now. Go to the website and click "LISTEN LIVE!" in the upper right corner.

Hog1 07-19-2006 09:07 AM

Thanx C, on my way!!!!!!!!!

BDBohnzie 07-19-2006 09:32 AM

only problem is the AM station's power gets severely cut after dark, so pray you have good reception on one of the FM stations.

Southpaw 07-19-2006 11:39 AM

[quote=BDBohnzie]only problem is the AM station's power gets severely cut after dark, so pray you have good reception on one of the FM stations.[/quote]

Yeah, there's a picture of the coverage area of the three stations in yesterdays Washington Post. While the AM station has the largest area, it specifically says [I]Daytime only[/I].

scowan 07-19-2006 11:57 AM

So if I live in Kentucky, I can listen to Redskins games this Fall on the Internet at their Website? Great, I don't need to buy NFL Sunday Pass this year.

BigRed 07-19-2006 04:00 PM

Unfortunately for you, games are usually blocked for all sports on streaming radio. (It's because Sirius Satellite Radio owns the rights to broadcast the games to a non-local audience.)

[quote=scowan]So if I live in Kentucky, I can listen to Redskins games this Fall on the Internet at their Website? Great, I don't need to buy NFL Sunday Pass this year.[/quote]

So, I'll believe this when I hear it... I just don't see how they're going to legally pull that off.

[quote=cpayne5]Along with streaming their daily shows, (I think you non DC people will like this part) they claim that you will be able to listen to the *GAMES* online this year as well.[/quote]

dmek25 07-19-2006 04:01 PM

dont be cheap, get the ticket so you can watch!

BDBohnzie 07-19-2006 04:11 PM

not exactly sure how they will pull that off, but Sirius is still cheaper than NFL Sunday Ticket. . .

however, the Ticket's the thing, I wouldn't cancel that just yet...

MightyJoeGibbs 07-19-2006 05:47 PM

I've never liked the Mike & mike show, I'll be listening online- so what are the good shows on this ? I just dont really care about hearing baseball news which show is strictly redskins????

Hog1 07-20-2006 05:25 AM

It's a good line-up. No drops offs either as many of the internet feeds have. Welcome relief to the skins destitute, SW Florida

That Guy 07-20-2006 06:01 AM

[quote=MightyJoeGibbs]I've never liked the Mike & mike show, I'll be listening online- so what are the good shows on this ? I just dont really care about hearing baseball news which show is strictly redskins????[/quote]

none that are announced yet besides larry micheals from 12-1 (which has been going online for a while now).

the station is for general sports and they may end up trying to get nationals games or some such on it.