Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Something is Askew in Cinci (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/13140-something-is-askew-in-cinci.html)

ArtMonkDrillz 07-23-2006 06:25 PM

Something is Askew in Cinci

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2527573]ESPN.com - NFL - DT Askew latest Bengal in trouble with authorities[/url]

I think most of you know how I feel about Chris Henry (I just got his Ohio State Pen jersey off eBay. And now their players are ignoring the orders of the police and paying the price: getting the ol' stun gun.

Monkeydad 07-24-2006 12:38 PM

Re: Something is Askew in Cinci

Something has ALWAYS been askew in Cincy. :)

BDBohnzie 07-24-2006 03:39 PM

he got tasered for not moving his car. brilliant!

PSUSkinsFan21 07-24-2006 04:02 PM

A former Spartan and/or current Bengal in trouble? Wow, you don't see that every day........oh wait, yah you do.

gibbsisgod 07-24-2006 04:56 PM

Marvin Lewis is realy running a tight ship up there in Cincy.:rolleyes: With some of the questionable picks they took in April's draft and of course their most latest edition, Amaad Brooks, they are going to have alot of dicipline problems for many years to come.

Monkeydad 07-25-2006 10:41 AM

I guess the Bengals are the 2006 version of the 2005 Vikings. The Cowboys seem to have taken a break from the illegal activities. They'll make up for it with TO.

Mattyk 07-25-2006 10:44 AM

With all the legal issues and Palmer coming off a ripped up knee, does anyone else get the sense that the Bengals could come crashing back down to earth this season?

I don't understand why Lewis takes on these questionable character types. He seems smarter than that.

That Guy 07-25-2006 12:15 PM

-ego... he thinks he can coach him.
-bad scouting... they just don't grill them hard enough in interviews or do their research.
-too much optimism that this time will be different and that the talent will shine through

ArtMonkDrillz 07-25-2006 03:28 PM

[quote=Mattyk72]With all the legal issues and Palmer coming off a ripped up knee, does anyone else get the sense that the Bengals could come crashing back down to earth this season?

I don't understand why Lewis takes on these questionable character types. He seems smarter than that.[/quote]
Remember, he made his name by coaching guys like Ray Lewis and Chris McCalister (sp?) so maybe he just feels like he can reach them or something.

Mattyk 07-25-2006 03:41 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz]Remember, he made his name by coaching guys like Ray Lewis and Chris McCalister (sp?) so maybe he just feels like he can reach them or something.[/quote]

Maybe... but it's a risky proposition he's taking on. Stuff like this can really be distracting and detrimental to the team.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-25-2006 03:48 PM

Didn't they have all these problems last year? Maybe not as many, but problems nonetheless.

itvnetop 07-27-2006 04:23 AM

an story on nfl live earlier today focused on the situation in cincy... seems there may be a slight rift b/t coach and owner when it comes to personnel. lewis seems to want good guys, but the owner would rather sign talent regardless of character... and we all know who has final say in these matters.