Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Attack this poll!!! (7/24/06) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13151)

BrudLee 07-24-2006 02:18 PM

Attack this poll!!! (7/24/06)

[url=http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2309]ESPN.com: SPORTSNATION - SportsNation Polling - 2309[/url]

NFC East results and storylines discussed here.

DaveyFoSho 07-24-2006 02:22 PM

Re: Attack this poll!!! (7/24/06)

Wow....im surprised they gave it up for our Defense...but i honestly dont see why people are all over the Cowboys Offense...its quite annoying really!!

ArtMonkDrillz 07-24-2006 02:24 PM

I can't believe that many people actually think that fat ass parcells is better than Saint Gibbs.

DaveyFoSho 07-24-2006 02:28 PM

Also i really do not think that Parcells is better than Gibbs in any way! I can understand certain polls are biased...more people voting in certain areas...but still 15% higher is just absolutely crazy! The man has 3 Rings...completely turned around a struggling Redskins team against all odds...and put together amazing additions this year that has most opponents circling the date we bring down their house, or they become unwanted guests in ours! I really just do not see this unfounded fascination in the Cowboys. Sure T.O is a good receiver..but with all the ???? surrounding that team, including T.O's behavior....how can everyone be so quick to hand Dallas the NFC east before the season has even begun???

PSUSkinsFan21 07-24-2006 03:28 PM

I just can't put any stock into a poll that has Parcells as a better coach than Gibbs. Proof positive that there are a lot of really stupid football fans out there.
And the Cowboys have the best offense? Give me a break. I'd put the Giants offense (and obviously ours as well) ahead of the Cowgirls.

BDBohnzie 07-24-2006 03:37 PM

Got my votes in. Damn shame there are that many idiots in this world who think Parcells is better than Gibbs.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-24-2006 03:58 PM

FAIRLY objective, but still a little too much Cowboy slurping. I would say MAYBE Giants as top offense, but I guess TO instantly makes you the top. :doh:

steveo395 07-24-2006 04:11 PM

you can't have the best offense if you have the worst offensive line...these people are retarded

and how could they put parcells ahead of gibbs...gibbs has more rings and he did better than him last year

Carnage 07-24-2006 04:16 PM

That offense question is tough, Cowboys, skins eagles and giants are basically unproven. It's all about potential.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-24-2006 04:17 PM

I have to say that most of the categories are right. I tried to not be a homer and went purely with proven offenses and gave the Giants their props, but seriously, people need to get their lips off TO's johnson.

BigSKINBauer 07-24-2006 06:21 PM

5) Who is the best coach in the NFC East?

45.2% Bill Parcells, Cowboys

30.4% Joe Gibbs, Redskins

18.1% Andy Reid, Eagles

6.3% Tom Coughlin, Giants

I don't care about anything else. Fuck that shit. Damn media makes people think fatass over there is actually a good coach. HOW?!? that is not possible. Mayhbe if he had belichick next to him he could do it but this coach can't get his team to the playoffs or win 10 games. He can get out coached 35-7. 35-7. That is coaching. That is a sign that he can't coach in comparison to who beat him.

wolfeskins 07-24-2006 07:07 PM

i can understand people putting the cowboys offense ahead of the skins, because of T.O, though i disagree. but there is no way bill parcells is a better coach than the HOF'er, mighty, joe gibbs.

Daseal 07-24-2006 10:26 PM

While I voted for Joe Gibbs, I have trouble trashing any of the coaches in our division. They are all very good and talented coaches that deserve respect.

As far as people thinking 2-3 teams from the NFC East will go to the playoffs, I simply don't see it. The division winner will go. The two wild card teams will be relatively weak teams (Rams/Cardinals) then another team prolly from either the NFC North or MAYBE NFC East/South will get a 2nd spot. Both the NFC East and NFC South play hard schedules and will split a lot of games making their records seem worse than their talent (though I think the South is overrated)

SmootSmack 07-24-2006 10:46 PM

Prior to the start of last season, some writer-can't remember who-said that he thought Andy Reid was overrated as a coach. That he had spent the past few years owning the NFC East by feeding off the likes of Spurrier, Campo, Fassel, and a Gibbs who had been out of the league for 12 years.

But with Parcells firmly entrenched in Dallas, Gibbs with a year under his belt, and even Tom Coughlin Reid would be exposed as not up to their level. Not yet at least.

I thought that was interesting.

BrudLee 07-25-2006 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Prior to the start of last season, some writer-can't remember who-said that he thought Andy Reid was overrated as a coach. That he had spent the past few years owning the NFC East by feeding off the likes of Spurrier, Campo, Fassel, and a Gibbs who had been out of the league for 12 years.

But with Parcells firmly entrenched in Dallas, Gibbs with a year under his belt, and even Tom Coughlin Reid would be exposed as not up to their level. Not yet at least.

I thought that was interesting.[/QUOTE]
I think that was me. Friggin' Genius.