Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Browns center Bentley hurts knee first day of camp (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/13196-browns-center-bentley-hurts-knee-first.html)

Mattyk 07-27-2006 10:53 AM

Browns center Bentley hurts knee first day of camp

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2531239]ESPN.com - NFL - Browns center Bentley hurts knee first day of camp[/url]

You always hate to hear things like this, injured on the first day of camp.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-27-2006 10:57 AM

Re: Browns center Bentley hurts knee first day of camp

And he was supposed to be their anchor in the middle of the line. That sucks because I always root for the Browns to not be so bad.

GTripp0012 07-27-2006 11:03 AM

Ouch, that really sucks for them. We had something of the same magnitude happen about 2 years ago, and never recovered.

JWsleep 07-27-2006 11:18 AM

Jeeze--are those guys snakebit, or what? Hope it's not serious. Injuries suck.

BrudLee 07-27-2006 11:37 AM

Sounds bad - I hope that it's nothing that won't heal properly.

BigSKINBauer 07-27-2006 11:37 AM

how bad would it suck if someone got injured on the first day of camp for us and we were there to see it. I would cry. I don't care. If sean taylor got shot or something i would cry.

Edit:
[QUOTE]Bentley covered his face with a towel on the short drive to the field house as Browns players and fans looked on in shock. [/QUOTE]

i didn't read the article before writing that up top. Seriously, if i was a fan watching that, i would be devistated. I guess the browns didn't have high hopes anyways.

gibbsisgod 07-27-2006 11:40 AM

I hope for his sake that the injury is not serious.Knee injuries are tough and can take years to fully recover.

FRPLG 07-27-2006 12:05 PM

I wouldn't really wish injuries on any player but if this HAS to happen why can't it happen to someone like TO? Life aint fair.

BigSKINBauer 07-27-2006 12:07 PM

camp is monday isn't it. Oh my damn. its here. Is anyone going moday? Man.

mooby 07-27-2006 01:50 PM

Wow, that's pretty gruesome. I feel bad for the Browns, they haven't had a respectable year since they were brought back in 99'. I really would be devastated if that happened to one of the Skins on the first day of camp. Hopefully it's not a full tear, i don't know how long he'd be out if it's only a partial tear, but maybe he can get back on the field before the end of 06'.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-27-2006 01:55 PM

[quote=BigSKINBauer]camp is monday isn't it. Oh my damn. its here. Is anyone going moday? Man.[/quote]

Not this Monday, but I'm probably going the next week at least one day.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-27-2006 01:56 PM

Mostly so Daseal, Gmanc and I can get drunk again.

GTripp0012 07-27-2006 01:59 PM

[quote=mooby]Wow, that's pretty gruesome. I feel bad for the Browns, they haven't had a respectable year since they were brought back in 99'. I really would be devastated if that happened to one of the Skins on the first day of camp. Hopefully it's not a full tear, i don't know how long he'd be out if it's only a partial tear, but maybe he can get back on the field before the end of 06'.[/quote]The Browns had that playoff season in 2002, but even that ended with a 4th quarter meltdown against Tommy Maddox and the Steelers.

Mattyk 07-27-2006 02:21 PM

[quote]According to sources close to Bentley the injury was a potentially season-ending injury to his patellar tendon, ESPN.com's John Clayton reported. Bentley was in the process of getting an MRI to determine whether it is a partial or total tear.[/quote]

Not sounding very good for him