Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Arrington happy to put Redskins in past (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=13216)

irish 07-28-2006 10:47 AM

Re: Arrington happy to put Redskins in past

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]C'mon now, things have definitely changed over the last 2 years.

He definitely hasn't endeared himself to a lot of fans with his complaining and lashing out against the team. He's certainly not an innocent victim. The fans didn't turn on him for no reason. And he still has his fair share of supporters to boot.

And in the end the majority of people are going to support the team over an individual player. That shouldn't be surprising.[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you said but I am just wondering how LA went from the greatest LB in the NFL to a loudmouth bum. Even last season when he went nuts in his first game back he was extolled by most on this site and Greg Williams was ripped for not using such a great player.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-28-2006 10:48 AM

It's when he makes stupid ass comments like this. I don't think anyone is denying that he's an upgrade for the Giants, but we all WISH he plays poorly.

irish 07-28-2006 10:59 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]It's when he makes stupid ass comments like this. I don't think anyone is denying that he's an upgrade for the Giants, but we all WISH he plays poorly.[/QUOTE]

Posts 2 & 4 (yours) dont sound like the NYG got an upgrade with LA.

724Skinsfan 07-28-2006 11:01 AM

Let me get some popcorn...

TheMalcolmConnection 07-28-2006 11:03 AM

[quote=irish]Posts 2 & 4 (yours) dont sound like the NYG got an upgrade with LA.[/quote]

That's right, because I'm talking about how I hate him.

MTK 07-28-2006 11:03 AM

[quote=irish]I agree with what you said but I am just wondering how LA went from the greatest LB in the NFL to a loudmouth bum. Even last season when he went nuts in his first game back he was extolled by most on this site and Greg Williams was ripped for not using such a great player.[/quote]

I guess people just got tired of his complaining, and the reality set in that this defense simply didn't need him and in fact is probably better off without him.

That's life in the NFL and sports in general. One day the hero, the next the goat.

dblanch66 07-28-2006 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=DaveyFoSho]LoL?? yes we let go of champ to get portis...what a bust that was...................................LoL...oh and yes im sure we will regret losing ryan when archuleta and taylor literally break people in half.....lol and wow Gibbs is deffinately not as good as Marty or Spurrier..what were we thinking...and Brad Johnson is too easy so i shall leave that one alone!!!....bottom line...he is not that bright...all of the players/coaches he named we have obvious upgrades for...the only one that we did not receive a straight upgrade was Champ...but for him we got a pro-bowl and possibly a future HOF back!!...good call Arrington...see you soon buddy!!![/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken, Champ was offered a pretty lucrative deal and he turned it down; and to be frank, he hasn't exactly had a stellar run in Denver. He gets beat regularly, like....in the playoffs last year. He's a "biter".

redsk1 07-28-2006 11:47 AM

[quote=Mattyk72]I guess people just got tired of his complaining, and the reality set in that this defense simply didn't need him and in fact is probably better off without him.

That's life in the NFL and sports in general. One day the hero, the next the goat.[/quote]

Right on, i remember last year when he wasn't playing a reporter asked Gibbs if he had any conversations w/ LA about his lack of playing time. JG said that he had talked w/ LA more than he had talked w/ any other player throughout his coaching career. I think they were just tired of it.

I don't think its cause to boo him, though.

#56fanatic 07-28-2006 11:57 AM

I bet there were some people waiting to see what I had to say on this :

I think he keeps talking about it, because people keep asking him. I believe the reason he sounds bitter is because he always said he wanted to be here when things turned around, and now he's not. He felt he lived through all the bad times and wanted to be part of the good times. his feelings are probably a little hurt, given how emotional the guy is. But, that is part of the NFL, here one day , gone the next. and with the way Danny runs the team thats our motto. Thats our plan. this is what we can offer, take it and stay or we have to let you go. I think our D will be just fine, maybe better. But, we all have to admit that certain things he said is the truth. We did turn our backs on players that we said we REDSKINS. Steven Davis, all though up in age, still had a year of two of good play in him. He took Carolina to super bowl his first year. Brad Johnson, won a super bowl. Smoot, was labled a REDSKIN so was Pierce. They chose to take more upfront money , but who wouldn't. The owners dont have loyalty to players, so they players have become the same way. They look at it like, hey this is my career, I may get hurt and never play again. I can get guaranteed 6 million this year for this team, or guaranteed $750K and maybe make 6 million in a couple years. name one person out here who wouldn't take the money up front. Loyalty with players and teams does not exist anymore.

Bottom line, I think we have a unbelievable chance to do something special this year, and LaVar is hurt that he isn't a part of it. I think it will work out the best for both sides that he is gone. no more drama all season of is he playing, why isn't he playing. did he miss that or that. We ALL need to move the hell on!

MTK 07-28-2006 12:13 PM

People are going to keep asking as long as he answers.

Same for the tired TO/McNabb drama. You know TO will keep talking, that's why McNabb should stop addressing it.

If LaVar said no comment, I'm not talking about the Redskins anymore, the questions would eventually stop. I'm sure we're going to hear about this all season.

#56fanatic 07-28-2006 12:15 PM

[quote=Mattyk72]People are going to keep asking as long as he answers.

Same for the tired TO/McNabb drama. You know TO will keep talking, that's why McNabb should stop addressing it.

If LaVar said no comment, I'm not talking about the Redskins anymore, the questions would eventually stop. I'm sure we're going to hear about this all season.[/quote]

that is probably true. Its a story that will last for a while. At least through this season, especially since he is still in our division.

Hog1 07-28-2006 12:27 PM

T.O. Arrington ???????????????

Schneed10 07-28-2006 12:36 PM

[quote=#56fanatic]I bet there were some people waiting to see what I had to say on this :

I think he keeps talking about it, because people keep asking him. I believe the reason he sounds bitter is because he always said he wanted to be here when things turned around, and now he's not. He felt he lived through all the bad times and wanted to be part of the good times. his feelings are probably a little hurt, given how emotional the guy is. But, that is part of the NFL, here one day , gone the next. and with the way Danny runs the team thats our motto. Thats our plan. this is what we can offer, take it and stay or we have to let you go. I think our D will be just fine, maybe better. But, we all have to admit that certain things he said is the truth. We did turn our backs on players that we said we REDSKINS. Steven Davis, all though up in age, still had a year of two of good play in him. He took Carolina to super bowl his first year. Brad Johnson, won a super bowl. Smoot, was labled a REDSKIN so was Pierce. They chose to take more upfront money , but who wouldn't. The owners dont have loyalty to players, so they players have become the same way. They look at it like, hey this is my career, I may get hurt and never play again. I can get guaranteed 6 million this year for this team, or guaranteed $750K and maybe make 6 million in a couple years. name one person out here who wouldn't take the money up front. Loyalty with players and teams does not exist anymore.

Bottom line, I think we have a unbelievable chance to do something special this year, and LaVar is hurt that he isn't a part of it. I think it will work out the best for both sides that he is gone. no more drama all season of is he playing, why isn't he playing. did he miss that or that. We ALL need to move the hell on![/quote]

I was over him the second the Skins released him. He's overrated and not worth the money. It was one of the smartest moves we ever made. Let the Giants deal with his emotional outbursts.

dmek25 07-28-2006 12:42 PM

i think the facts are that lavar was a loveable, face of the redskins that NEVER lived up to all the hype. every season i would think this is the year he breaks out into something short of lawrence taylor/ray lewis, and it just never happened. in the tampa playoff game, after intercepting that tipped pass, he ran like he had a wooden leg. still looks like it hasnt healed properly. for a man that was suppose to love everything about the washington redskin, he sure talks alot of shit about them

MonkFan4Life 07-28-2006 12:43 PM

If you guys are pissed now, just wait until Lavar has 2 weeks to talk about the Skins before the October 8th game in New York. I guarantee he will be on someones Pre-Game show talking trash. I'm going to love it, his sulking off the field after a Skins victory will be beautiful. I wish him the best but as a Fan of the Washington Redskins I must say Fuck Lavar ! I'm seriously tired of this shit because the man cried about the coaches telling him to do this and that. How he hasn't felt good about playing football for years now. How he hasn't been happy but this fucker sat and said how much he wanted to be a part of this teams future. How do you go from considering retirement if you can't play for the Redskins to wanting to play them twice a year ? Seriously, I can't wait to see what else he's going to say !

The funny thing was Chad Morton. How can he talk about how Washington operates when his bum ass profited from Washingtons free spending attitude ?