Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Cowboys TE Pierce suffers season ending injury (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/13265-cowboys-te-pierce-suffers-season-ending.html)

BrudLee 07-31-2006 09:32 AM

Cowboys TE Pierce suffers season ending injury

[url=http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=C1024EE1-F36B-0E69-51344C7AD00DB266]DallasCowboys.com - News[/url]

Oh, Great Gods of Karma, remember that I wish no ill will toward our opponents.

Hail2theskins 07-31-2006 09:34 AM

Re: Cowboys TE Pierce suffers season ending injury

wow, lotta bad news comin outta dallas....

TheMalcolmConnection 07-31-2006 09:34 AM

Karma. I love you.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-31-2006 09:36 AM

TO? Please?

cpayne5 07-31-2006 09:52 AM

Wow, this is the third time he's torn the ACL in his left knee.

724Skinsfan 07-31-2006 09:58 AM

[quote=cpayne5]Wow, this is the third time he's torn the ACL in his left knee.[/quote]

IS it a torn ACL or torn meniscus? Meniscus tears are more uncomfortably painful rather than peformance inhibiting like a ligament tear.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking this was about Spears. Reading is fun!

Schneed10 07-31-2006 10:25 AM

In the words of the great American philosopher Nelson Muntz:

HA HA!

12thMan 07-31-2006 10:28 AM

[quote=Schneed10]In the words of the great American philosopher Nelson Muntz:

HA HA![/quote]

Schneed, you're evil!!

hooskins 07-31-2006 10:32 AM

That sucks for them depthwise, but they still have Witten, so I am not pissing in my pants yet.

JWsleep 07-31-2006 10:34 AM

Man, lots of serious injuries going round. I hate injuries.

Schneed10 07-31-2006 11:11 AM

[quote=12thMan]Schneed, you're evil!![/quote]

Indeed I am, and I won't apologize for it!

I would never want to see someone have a career ending injury, and certainly not one that threatens their life or paralysis or something. But players can come back from ACL tears and have a fine career, no serious long-term damage done.

I'm fine with any non-career threatening injury to an opponent. Including this one, even though this guy was only the 3rd TE on the depth chart.

D'BOYZ 07-31-2006 11:11 AM

man it really sucks 2 Injuries in 2 days exactly bad Karma the Pierce thing doesn't worry me as much even know he was a verry good ST player and serve for depth in an area we're going to need a lot of bodys this year.

The injury on Spear any how that worry's me even though he's going to be out only 3 weeks he'll miss a lot of practices and also may not be 100% the hole year that blows I was really looking foward for what this kid could show this year.

Schneed10 07-31-2006 11:13 AM

[quote=D'BOYZ]man it really sucks 2 Injuries in 2 days exactly bad Karma the Pierce thing doesn't worry me as much even know he was a verry good ST player and serve for depth in an area we're going to need a lot of bodys this year.

The injury on Spear any how that worry's me even though he's going to be out only 3 weeks he'll miss a lot of practices and also may not be 100% the hole year that blows I was really looking foward for what this kid could show this year.[/quote]

Ugh. I hate to be the grammar police guy, but dude you need to use some punctuation marks. Trying to figure out what you're saying gives me a headache.

In an unrelated matter, I'm sure the Skins are going to have a relatively serious injury occur at some point during camp (knock on wood). There's no way we'll get off scott free. I just hope it's not a season-ender, and that it doesn't happen to one of our most important players.

D'BOYZ 07-31-2006 11:16 AM

[quote=Schneed10]Indeed I am, and I won't apologize for it!

I would never want to see someone have a career ending injury, and certainly not one that threatens their life or paralysis or something. But players can come back from ACL tears and have a fine career, no serious long-term damage done.

I'm fine with any non-career threatening injury to an opponent. Including this one, even though this guy was only the 3rd TE on the depth chart.[/quote]

In fact man it looks like his career is over being that it his 3rd on the SAME knee and also the third in 5 years everybody is saying that it's career ending

hooskins 07-31-2006 11:17 AM

[quote=Schneed10]Indeed I am, and I won't apologize for it!

I'm fine with any non-career threatening injury to an opponent. Including this one, even though this guy was only the 3rd TE on the depth chart.[/quote]

Again, many of us were happy when Aikman's career was ended.